Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Not sure if this is allowed but to celebrate my upcoming retirement I’ve decided to do a YouTube vinyl channel - so I’m reintroducing myself ! Any likes or subscribes etc much appreciated - apologies if I’ve broken any forum rules

Everybody says I should do something like this but I don't know if I would really have much to say

Welcome to our lovely little corner of the interwebs, @Driftbeard!
Tell us a bit about yourself...
I’m a New Orleans native but for the last half of my life I’ve lived in the heart of Cajun Country, Zydeco’s backyard, - Lafayette, LA. I was a band nerd from 4th grade through college. I’m new to vinyl, but my wife and I (both music lovers) got into it looking to ‘elevate our listening experience.’ lol And I have to say, we’re really digging it as medium and a shared interest. Growing up surrounded by the live music scene in NOLA, I love that with records the music is alive… not simply the sound quality, but the packaging, learning the story behind the music, collecting, stumbling upon stuff I now love that I’ve never heard of before, the interaction with the local record shop… it’s what I was missing after years of just pressing play on an iPhone

Back