VMP RoTM: Crown a Monthly Champ

Which May ROTM after spinning was the must have?

• Essentials: Experience Unlimited

• Classics: Al Green

• Rap & Hip Hop: Camp Lo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7yler

Who doesn't love a little competition?

This is an event for our "club" to participate in. We still have a great community that for the most part are getting 3 of the same albums every month. Time to put all 3 tracks up against each other and let the best 1 win! So this is how it will work...

I will post a poll each month for the community to vote on as they spin through their albums. Deciding which album is the must have of the month. (You can participate even if you've received just 2 albums that particular month).
- Hit the comments to praise or shit talk a particular album. What made your choice the Must Have?
- Later in the year I will do a big event for the Year End Lists that we all love to participate in!
(And will actually build a consensus ranking from our community).
-Those year end lists were very helpful for me when I first became a member so I could prioritize future swaps down the road to go in blind with (Thank you for Moses). And I hope this will help new members while we have fun ranking our albums.

Send more ideas on how we can make this even better. To the polls we go!

Last edited:
To be fair, I only got the EU. Already have an OG Call Me and I'm not interested in most rap. BUT, that EU is a must have. It's really great!

Voted Al Green, but EU is just as good and both are among some of the best picks in a long time. Camp Lo never interested me.

This reaction is what makes this so fun because it really is tough to choose after spinning.

Only 35 votes into the poll it seems we are gonna have a tight race between EU and Al Green.

I usually only get one record per month, and E.U. was the obvious pick for me. Great funk album, perfect soundtrack for cooking.

I'm not a big soul music fan; I'm happy enough with my cheap copy of Al Green's Greatest Hits. I also have very limited interest in hip hop; having a little one around the house means that anything not PG is just not going to get a lot of spins (e.g. my Biggie album is just there, sitting pretty and collecting dust).

I usually only get one record per month, and E.U. was the obvious pick for me. Great funk album, perfect soundtrack for cooking.

I'm not a big soul music fan; I'm happy enough with my cheap copy of Al Green's Greatest Hits. I also have very limited interest in hip hop; having a little one around the house means that anything not PG is just not going to get a lot of spins (e.g. my Biggie album is just there, sitting pretty and collecting dust).

I love this EU endorsement because finding a great soundtrack for cooking is definitely tough!
So I normally get two of the three records each month, and swapped EU based on the poor youtube stream that was available. Based on the praise in this thread I'll be going back and picking this one up.

Had to go with Call Me. EU is great (tried listening to Camp Lo, but decided I didn't need that one), but Al is it this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back