Viva Las Vegas

T

TheMythOfSisyphus

I didnt see anyone create regional threads so I’d like to make one for Vegas. Yes, when you live in a desert valley surrounded by mountains and hours from the nearest other city, you are a region unto yourself.

Any natives (i.e. non transplants)? If so, you get to slap the rest of us migrants with trouts.

Anyone planning on a visit? Let’s get a drink. Who knows, maybe we’ll end up hating one another or maybe just maybe we’ll go on a drunken binge, get married, divorced, and contract syphilis that lies dormant in our atrophying bodies for years...all in one night!

Viva Las Vegas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not exactly in Vegas but does Henderson work. I have been here since 1997 and truly love it. When asked, Where ya from? I reply, I'm a refugee from The Peoples Republic of California. Viva Nevada, where sin pays the bills.

Reactions: Tyr
If anyone gets to Area 15, Meow Wolf's OmegaMart is worth checking out. It's odd. Like, just really....odd.. If you indulge (we don't), I'd suggest making use of one of LV's dispensaries beforehand.

What's happening with The Amp at Craig Ranch Park in North Las Vegas? I've never really paid attention to their line-up and the outdoor theatre has only been there a few years now, I believe.

But, I received a City of North Las Vegas email yesterday and it was advertising Ashanti & Ja Rule playing there soon. Okay, a pretty big legacy hip-hop act(s). They had massive hits alone and together. That's a pretty big get for ol' N. Las Vegas.

Then I looked at the upcoming line-up and they have some alright acts coming there. But what really turned my head is....Phoebe Bridgers.

There upcoming schedule:

Bone Thugs
Phoebe Bridgers
Lord Huron
Vanilla Ice
Ben Harper
Ja Rule + Ashanti

Ok, North Las Vegas!

What's happening with The Amp at Craig Ranch Park in North Las Vegas? I've never really paid attention to their line-up and the outdoor theatre has only been there a few years now, I believe.

But, I received a City of North Las Vegas email yesterday and it was advertising Ashanti & Ja Rule playing there soon. Okay, a pretty big legacy hip-hop act(s). They had massive hits alone and together. That's a pretty big get for ol' N. Las Vegas.

Then I looked at the upcoming line-up and they have some alright acts coming there. But what really turned my head is....Phoebe Bridgers.

There upcoming schedule:

Bone Thugs
Phoebe Bridgers
Lord Huron
Vanilla Ice
Ben Harper
Ja Rule + Ashanti

Ok, North Las Vegas!

Don’t forget George Clinton!
The pricing for some of these shows are nuts

Don’t forget George Clinton!
The pricing for some of these shows are nuts
Like good nuts or bad nuts? I saw the Bridgers ranges from $60-80. To put in perspective, I recently paid $80 for the cheap seats for NIN at Zappos. So $80 for the best at The Amp "seems" ok. But then you remember it's at a venue in NLV and PB vs NIN (which isn't meant as a knock on PB but just perspective).

Like good nuts or bad nuts? I saw the Bridgers ranges from $60-80. To put in perspective, I recently paid $80 for the cheap seats for NIN at Zappos. So $80 for the best at The Amp "seems" ok. But then you remember it's at a venue in NLV and PB vs NIN (which isn't meant as a knock on PB but just perspective).

I think bad nuts. The pricing for Bridgers seems steep even if she’s a hot name right now. $50-$100 for Lord Huron is definitely steep. Apparently the capacity for this place is 6,800 but it doesn’t seem that way from looking on their website. The booking group is from out of state so maybe that explains the higher pricing. 🤷🏼‍♂️
This venue is tempting because it’s less than 6 miles from our house.

I think bad nuts. The pricing for Bridgers seems steep even if she’s a hot name right now. $50-$100 for Lord Huron is definitely steep. Apparently the capacity for this place is 6,800 but it doesn’t seem that way from looking on their website. The booking group is from out of state so maybe that explains the higher pricing. 🤷🏼‍♂️
This venue is tempting because it’s less than 6 miles from our house.
Have you never been to Craig Ranch park? It's a nice city park. We're about 2 miles from it and it is the dog park we use. The venue is nice. Never been to a show there but that capacity does seem high and I don't know where parking would be for that many people. It's between residential and business (Craig Rd) areas. There is an overspill parking lot though so that may accommodate those numbers.

Have you never been to Craig Ranch park? It's a nice city park. We're about 2 miles from it and it is the dog park we use. The venue is nice. Never been to a show there but that capacity does seem high and I don't know where parking would be for that many people. It's between residential and business (Craig Rd) areas. There is an overspill parking lot though so that may accommodate those numbers.

My wife has been there a couple of times, but I have yet to visit it. Driven past it often though. I like that cool shows are happening there!

I'm winding down my time in Vegas as I prepare to move to San Antonio, TX.

Looking forward to some vacation time next week. I'm hosting a friend and she has never been to Vegas so gonna do a multi-day of shows, drinking, and eating (and maybe some hiking, pending hangover status),

Gonna see Absinthe (seen it before but is definitely worth a second look - prob one of my faves over the years), Cirque O (that one has eluded me - I've seen Beatles Love, MJ One, and Mystere), and Alice In Chains (okay, nothing "Vegas" about that but my buddy and his wife invited me and my friend likes AiC and is down so why not).

I'm gonna miss this city. I don't think I would ever come here on vacation, but I loved living here.

I'm winding down my time in Vegas as I prepare to move to San Antonio, TX.

Looking forward to some vacation time next week. I'm hosting a friend and she has never been to Vegas so gonna do a multi-day of shows, drinking, and eating (and maybe some hiking, pending hangover status),

Gonna see Absinthe (seen it before but is definitely worth a second look - prob one of my faves over the years), Cirque O (that one has eluded me - I've seen Beatles Love, MJ One, and Mystere), and Alice In Chains (okay, nothing "Vegas" about that but my buddy and his wife invited me and my friend likes AiC and is down so why not).

I'm gonna miss this city. I don't think I would ever come here on vacation, but I loved living here.
Good luck with the move! I'll be out in Vegas next weekend, and plan on doing one or more those shows. Absinthe I've heard great things, but $150/ticket is crazy, but we might still do it. O and Love are our next top options. I've seen Love years ago, but my gf hasnt.

Back