Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Any thoughts on these Live in Austin, TX recordings?
Are they usually good sound?
The pricing is nice for these but I don't want to waste my money if they generally sounds like garbage
they are both from the Austin City Limits series- the longest running music program in US history. the very first taping occured in 75 with Willie and the audio was garbage, so they do not re-air that one. all the ones that followed sound pretty dang good and have continued to improve over time. for a live album, anything from ACL is a safe bet.

Any thoughts on these Live in Austin, TX recordings?
Are they usually good sound?
The pricing is nice for these but I don't want to waste my money if they generally sounds like garbage

I have the Johnny Cash exclusive from this series from Newbury and it sounds really good. Grabbing both of these for sure.

Not to pile on but there's two jobs you listed there that he is completely unqualified for.

I get it. You don't like the guy. However, if you're going to call someone an "insufferable asshole" and then state that he's not qualified to do his job, don't you think Internet forum pot shots makes you look catty and casts you in a negative light?

I don't think playing gatekeeper to the VMP forums is as easy a job as you think it is. I don't care what your experience level is. It goes beyond having a communications background. Also, I just don't think he's been that much of a dick. I'm gonna regret this request, but provide me three specific instances to support your case. Make me a believer.

As far as his work as the editorial director -- Have you read his write-ups in any of the VMP Classic packages? I think he's a good writer. He's passionate. He's knowledgeable. His most recent work on the Isleys record was particularly great.

Just, c'mon guys. The forum and subreddit are supposed to be a haven for people who have a unified interest. Don't let it get toxic.

As far as his work as the editorial director -- Have you read his write-ups in any of the VMP Classic packages? I think he's a good writer. He's passionate. He's knowledgeable. His most recent work on the Isleys record was particularly great.
The Classics booklets are really enjoyable, but I swear, if I ever receive one with less than 3 typos, I will get on my hands and knees and kowtow to the editorial gods.

I get it. You don't like the guy. However, if you're going to call someone an "insufferable asshole" and then state that he's not qualified to do his job, don't you think Internet forum pot shots makes you look catty and casts you in a negative light?

I don't think playing gatekeeper to the VMP forums is as easy a job as you think it is. I don't care what your experience level is. It goes beyond having a communications background. Also, I just don't think he's been that much of a dick. I'm gonna regret this request, but provide me three specific instances to support your case. Make me a believer.

Just, c'mon guys. The forum and subreddit are supposed to be a haven for people who have a unified interest. Don't let it get toxic.

Agree, I like Storf. He clearly cares about the music alot, and has helped me out on occasion with getting some issues resolved that clearly arent his department or responsibility.

He can be an "asshole" on social media sometimes but I always read it as his sense of humor with no harm really intended. I also don't mind as we would have alot less visibility into the company if he didnt interact with us and I very much enjoy what he shares.

That makes at least two of us!
I may grab them later. I have been on a huge country kick lately (the Ken Burns documentary isn’t helping). But I need to build out my actual studio albums before I grab more stuff like this. I only have one Merle studio album and no Waylon. Plus after watching the Hank Williams episode I really want a copy of his “40 Greatest Hits” that MOV reissued a few years back.

Let it Bleed (your wallet dry):

Let it Bleed (your wallet dry):

And once again $10 more than the standard for the ever original “coke bottle clear”

Back