Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Cancelled about $700 in preorders. Not loaning a tire fire money. But I will absolutely be first in line to buy cheap records from the after fire sale.
This is the problem they now have, the business is entirely dependent on its perceived creditworthiness since it moved to a largely pre-order model (which I suspect was linked to sinking all its cash into the new plant). We essentially provide them with interest-free loans to press our records... as soon as we are no longer willing to do that, or worse we all ask for refunds on projects where that capital has already been committed, not only does their cashflow dry up but they risk a full-blown run on their cash resources... so I would say their viability as a going concern is definitely in doubt... they need to come out with some sort of statement to inspire some confidence or I fear the worst!

So the thing I'm curious about is... the way that article is written it seems to indicate that Cam and a few others own the plant, not VMP. And if the board ousted the people that ostensibly own the plant, presumably the plant would not be pressing anything for VMP due to the fact that... you know... they're being sued by VMP.

Yeah, you know what?
Impulse could definitely happen, it could even be great.

It feels like gambling at this point, and I can take that money and put it into a local for a sure thing.

I would like my records drama free. I'll take the small bet on the Allen Toussaint preorder, but that's about it.

EDIT:
Canceled, let's see how long it takes to get my money back. I don't feel any guilt about buying that remastered Portishead live album now.

Cancelled about $700 in preorders. Not loaning a tire fire money. But I will absolutely be first in line to buy cheap records from the after fire sale.
The most surprising thing I have read in this thread all day is that you found $700 worth of records you wanted to order from VMP. Did you order two Impulse boxes?

So the thing I'm curious about is... the way that article is written it seems to indicate that Cam and a few others own the plant, not VMP. And if the board ousted the people that ostensibly own the plant, presumably the plant would not be pressing anything for VMP due to the fact that... you know... they're being sued by VMP.
This is the most interesting bit to me. Who exactly owns the plant?

But if they've already paid them 1.5M on a contact and they have yet to fulfill anything, won't they kind of be forced to in order to get their money back, which I assume is gone at this point?

The most surprising thing I have read in this thread all day is that you found $700 worth of records you wanted to order from VMP. Did you order two Impulse boxes?
An impulse and the dead. Plus three random albums. Even with the 40% off on both boxes it's was close to $700 for those five things.

Back