Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I added one today - so the # is now 756.

And while I don't make the Score / Soundtrack distinction on this list - I really do prefer "scores" rather than soundtracks with pre-recorded tracks. Some soundtracks that have exclusive tracks are fine, but if they are essentially a compilation of various artists already popular tracks I really don't buy them all too often.

I also have a lot of scores where I haven't seen the movie - mostly because I love the composer.

Also - I will not be getting the Footloose soundtrack. The movie was fine for it's time, but the music has been a bit overplayed.

Last edited:
I am not a huge Soundtrack person. I love Wes Anderson and Quinton Tarantino’s work from a compilation standpoint. Both introduced me to lots of excellent music. Sofia Coppola puts together some excellent ones too between Virgin Suicides, Marie Antoinette, and Lost In Translation.

Probably my favorite soundtrack though is for the greatest Childen’s TV Show in the World!

I think Vanilla Sky is my favorite soundtrack. I was introduced to both Sigur Ros and Spiritualized from that movie
Jeff Buckley, Beach Boys, Radiohead, R.E.M. Cameron Crowe soundtracks are excellent. Elizabethtown was a mediocre movie but the soundtrack was fantastic.

Thought of another good one, PT Anderson with Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love, Licorice Pizza all fantastic

Kinda bummed about the lack of love and respect being shown for The Wiz around here
EDIT - apologies, been isolated with Covid for past few days and am going stir crazy . . . But still, The Wiz!!

Kinda bummed about the lack of love and respect being shown for The Wiz around here
EDIT - apologies, been isolated with Covid for past few days and am going stir crazy . . . But still, The Wiz!!
Hope you feel better soon.

Back