Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Mather was never my favourite to begin with though! 🙈💨🕳️
giphy.gif

Hey. How about records eh? They're pretty fun, maybe we'd all like to talk about them now? Uh... I sure do like that new.. um...

-checks thread name-

Oh, no. Uh... what's a Yaeji? Ooo wait, that one has an obi, I'll take one Vicky Farewell. What will YOU GUYS take? Please elaborate by discussing records below...

Last edited:
It is expensive - like it makes a noticeable difference with everything being $3 more expensive! It will take time, but we’ll all get used to it later on! I won’t be purchasing much vinyl anyways, so it doesn’t affect me much fortunately!
Well thankfully I have a decent sized collection but the current t market would not inspire me to start collecting vinyl if I wasn’t already on top of the beast. And $3 counts for those of us that remember precious prices, psychologically I don’t want to spen $50 on a 2 lp reissue

Speaking of overpriced VMP editions, I ordered the Japandroids Celebration Rock and it arrived today. Dare I say it’s an improvement on my standard copy, the vinyl is quieter and the packaging seemed sturdier. I think it is either the same master or not all that noticeable if it isn’t, but the quieter vinyl for sure makes it a better experience.

YMMV whether that’s worth the extra bucks but I don’t regret the use of store credit for a small upgrade on one of my favorite albums.

I posted in the Toronto thread elsewhere here, but man some of these new release prices I'm seeing coming through just makes VMP look ahead of the curve. We're talking $60-70 CAD for 2LPs in some instances now.

Definitely time to start enjoying the collection I have and stream the rest.

I posted in the Toronto thread elsewhere here, but man some of these new release prices I'm seeing coming through just makes VMP look ahead of the curve. We're talking $60-70 CAD for 2LPs in some instances now.

Definitely time to start enjoying the collection I have and stream the rest.
Yeah, $60 CAD is about $45 USD, so about 5-10 USD above where everything new seems to be these days here in the States.

As an American visiting Toronto in October I was shocked at how far my money went. Prices were comparable at restaurants to what I pay in my college town taking the exchange rate in consideration.

Yeah, $60 CAD is about $45 USD, so about 5-10 USD above where everything new seems to be these days here in the States.

As an American visiting Toronto in October I was shocked at how far my money went. Prices were comparable at restaurants to what I pay in my college town taking the exchange rate in consideration.
Toronto is insane in a lot of ways though. House purchases, rent, food and liquor costs are ludicrous. It's getting up there as one of the most expensive places to live.

Toronto is insane in a lot of ways though. House purchases, rent, food and liquor costs are ludicrous. It's getting up there as one of the most expensive places to live.
Yeah, the hotel or the Raptors game was not a discount at all so I can imagine real estate being super pricy. But certainly most retail and restaurants were cheaper than any other large East Coast city in the States.

Back