Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Sweet. I have this already so won’t be doubling up but as @bdrummond said, it’s a great one to get in the mood for the Dave Van Ronk and Oscar Isaac is fantastic.

Much better than the live “celebration of” album in my opinion.
Oscar Issac is amazing on a lot of these track, with "The Death of Queen Jane" being a standout for me. JT, Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford also are great on it.

Special shout out to Adam Driver for...whatever that is :D

Last edited:
Oscar Issac is amazing on a lot of these track, with "The Death of Queen Jane" being a standout for me. JT, Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford also are great on it.

Special shout out to Adam Driver for...whatever that is :D

Yeah, I know it is part of the movie but they could have left Please Mr. Kennedy as a bonus track at the end...

Y’all are funny. First of all the Live album is miles better. Second of Please Mr Kennedy is awesome. As always ymmv.
Yeah I have the live celebration album and love it. It probably has more to do with the artists that are on it in why I like it because I haven't heard this normal one, or seen the movie.

Y’all are funny. First of all the Live album is miles better. Second of Please Mr Kennedy is awesome. As always ymmv.
I'm usually a massive advocate for live music but with this one, I'm firmly in the soundtrack camp.

I think it would change my opinion if I was more clued up with folk, I'm not really familiar with the majority of the musicians on the live one. Plus its 3lp's long which is quite a slog.

I'm usually a massive advocate for live music but with this one, I'm firmly in the soundtrack camp.

I think it would change my opinion if I was more clued up with folk, I'm not really familiar with the majority of the musicians on the live one. Plus its 3lp's long which is quite a slog.
There are highlights on the live one fore sure, and I agree that it draaaaags by the last third.

The production and mastering on the soundtrack is just lightyears beyond too. That version of Auld Triangle is damn near flawless. Gives me chills.

Back