Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Man, I was unfamiliar with the paisley album. Some of his stuff have been decent in a mainstream country kind of way but the video they link to…yikes. That was some garbage sadder still is he somehow managed to wrangle a good chunk of the Seinfeld cast to star in it. Jason Alexander has to have enough money to avoid doing something like that.

So thankful this was posted, here I was thinking “brad paisley… never listened to him much… heard he’s okay… maybe I’ll just go in blind…”

😂😂😂👎👎👎

So thankful this was posted, here I was thinking “brad paisley… never listened to him much… heard he’s okay… maybe I’ll just go in blind…”

😂😂😂👎👎👎
Yeah, his first few albums are pretty good if you are into mainstream 90s Country but this album is not up to that same level unfortunately.

So, with discount Room on Fire STILL comes out to the exact same price ($27) as shops around me are carrying it, but in Canadian instead of VMP's US pricing.

Is there any reason to grab that over the current pressing on the market?
I'm also curious about the pressing of Room on Fire if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks.

It's very good. From what I recall. And I know this because I don't have a pile of bad ones under any of the beds in my house.
Going the second this. One of my personal favorites that I’ve gotten in 2+ years with VMP. If you like the album and don’t have it, this would be the route I’d go.

So, with discount Room on Fire STILL comes out to the exact same price ($27) as shops around me are carrying it, but in Canadian instead of VMP's US pricing.

Is there any reason to grab that over the current pressing on the market?
short answer, no. it's a really nice pressing -- definitely in the "vmp did this one right" category -- but the regular pressing is pretty nice as well, i have heard

It's very good. From what I recall. And I know this because I don't have a pile of bad ones under any of the beds in my house.
I'm guessing that's the VMP you're referring to.

Tried searching the barcode from Kops and it says it's the 2003 which I know isn't right.
Anyone have the latest (which I'm assuming is a reissue on the 2003)?

I had an original from 2003 and it was more than passable for an album that isn't an audiophile's dream to begin with. the VMP improves on that sound (to my ears, each instrument/vocal is a little more well-defined) but I also think if I hadn't gotten it with credit for something they fucked up, I would have been more than fine with my original in perpetuity

While we're at it, how about Ágætis Byrjun? Do you have a stack of those under your bed? Trying to hit the $100 mark to save the extra $25 and that fits in nicely (Note: I already have this copy of it so looking for an upgrade)

While we're at it, how about Ágætis Byrjun? Do you have a stack of those under your bed? Trying to hit the $100 mark to save the extra $25 and that fits in nicely (Note: I already have this copy of it so looking for an upgrade)

I also had good luck with that one and have no copies under any of my beds. It's a "bit wall of sound'y" in the same vein as Spiritualized but I think that's just down to the original recording. It sounds good and it's a nice package.

I also had good luck with that one and have no copies under any of my beds. It's a "bit wall of sound'y" in the same vein as Spiritualized but I think that's just down to the original recording. It sounds good and it's a nice package.
I have two other copies of it.

One sounds as you described - I think that was the last general reissue of the album.
The other sounds phenominal, but has a locked groove on the first track. I should really check it out again with the upgraded TT and flip the other if it's a non-issue.

EDIT: I think it's the 2017 that's wall of soundy and the 2000 pressing is amazing.

Back