Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

$26 for a GZ pressing vs $45 for a GZ pressing is a pretty huge difference. I have plenty of non-AAA pressings...i'm not the one that tried to start the boycott on reddit lol.

Pretty sure back when this was announced, I recommended that people get either the Pure Pleasure Lightnin in NY album or the APs because both were cheaper than a one month of the VMP title...

The irony here is that Room On Fire is a GZ pressing and one of the best sounding records you'll get from VMP

The irony here is that Room On Fire is a GZ pressing and one of the best sounding records you'll get from VMP
Glad to hear it sounds good. As you know, GZ had a bad streak with VMP specifically for a few months in a row and $45 is still a LOT to spend on a GZ-pressed album based on those issues for me. I have no interest in buying any of the titles I mentioned for $45 a piece, which is the 1 month membership cost. And there hasn't been enough that I've been interested in to sign up for a long-term deal with VMP to lower the membership cost. For $26, I'm fine to get a few of the things I missed that people say were pressed well. GZ can do some nice pressings every once in awhile and it does seem that they have been getting better/more consistent recently with the VMP pressings.

Glad to hear it sounds good. As you know, GZ had a bad streak with VMP specifically for a few months in a row and $45 is still a LOT to spend on a GZ-pressed album based on those issues for me. I have no interest in buying any of the titles I mentioned for $45 a piece, which is the 1 month membership cost. And there hasn't been enough that I've been interested in to sign up for a long-term deal with VMP to lower the membership cost. For $26, I'm fine to get a few of the things I missed that people say were pressed well. GZ can do some nice pressings every once in awhile and it does seem that they have been getting better/more consistent recently with the VMP pressings.
Yeah one can't swing a dead snake around the internet's music forums without hitting a GZ or MoFi griping thread.

The Gravediggaz from last month was top tier as well.

You know, idk what's going on with GZ and VMP. someone speculated that GZ has "tiers" of quality control you have to pay for- but I just got the new Murder By Death album, pressed at GZ and it's dead quiet and flat. Outstanding quality. MBD self funds their albums via Kickstarter, nowhere near the buying power of VMP....maybe they spring for the "top tier" but idk. Kind of doubt that story.

Yeah one can't swing a dead snake around here or reddit without hitting a GZ or MoFi griping thread.

The Gravediggaz from last month was top tier as well.

You know, idk what's going on with GZ and VMP. someone speculated that GZ has "tiers" of quality control you have to pay for- but I just got the new Murder By Death album, pressed at GZ and it's dead quiet and flat. Outstanding quality. MBD self funds their albums via Kickstarter, nowhere near the buying power of VMP....maybe they spring for the "top tier" but idk. Kind of doubt that story.
I've heard the tier thing as well with GZ. I also just think they are probably back (or close to) being fully staffed so maybe they stepped up the QC. Or they were getting lots of complaints and threats to use another plant? Who knows...but I'm glad that it's fixed because like it or not, lots of records are pressed there. GZ being good benefits everybody.

Albums that are mastered at GZ are still very meh, but that never affected VMP stuff in the past. I got the Get On Down reissue of Raphael Saadiq's The Way I See It last month and unfortunately it was mastered for vinyl/cut in-house at GZ and is very meh sounding.

For the $25 off sale, I’m looking at Roberta, Boogaloo and Dinah. Can anyone confirm the quality on any of these? Thanks!

For the $25 off sale, I’m looking at Roberta, Boogaloo and Dinah. Can anyone confirm the quality on any of these? Thanks!
Don't have Roberta, and haven't listened to my copy of Dinah yet. But Boogaloo sounds good and was flat and quiet. Pressed at GZ though, so your mileage may vary.

Was hoping to swap for Patsy Cline but don't see it on there...might just have to go ahead and buy it so I don't lose out.
Looks like it's there under past ROTMs > Country. I suppose there's always the risk it sells out, but you could go the route of swapping for credit, then buying for a little cheaper ($34) - unless you have the yearly plan price

Looks like it's there under past ROTMs > Country. I suppose there's always the risk it sells out, but you could go the route of swapping for credit, then buying for a little cheaper ($34) - unless you have the yearly plan price
For me it's not really the money difference - I'll pay the $34 listed in store (especially as I just got the $60 credit deal)
It's just that I'm on a 6 month plan and wanted to try and use each month on something I really wanted vs settling on something each month. Not sure that makes sense!

Nothing jumping out at me (that I don't already have) in swaps. Definitely getting Dizzy, and will wait to see details on Interpol before making a decision.

I like both the Country and Hip-Hop picks, but don't really think I'd spin either enough to justify buying them.

Nothing jumping out at me (that I don't already have) in swaps. Definitely getting Dizzy, and will wait to see details on Interpol before making a decision.

I like both the Country and Hip-Hop picks, but don't really think I'd spin either enough to justify buying them.
FWIW VMP staff on the discord say that this is the best Interpol has sounded. I wouldn’t expect them to say anything else but 🤷🏻‍♂️

FWIW VMP staff on the discord say that this is the best Interpol has sounded. I wouldn’t expect them to say anything else but 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think I'll stick w Interpol - it may be one of those albums like Phoenix where everyone was questioning why it was an ROTM but then ended up being the best sounding version out there.

Swap previews are up if you don't want Interpol. Bill Withers Classics is on there. I just want to know the details of Interpol which will be released on Thursday.

I checked the details on +'Justments and it's pressing location isn't listed, so I wonder where the repress was done. Could still be QRP like the initial run, but weird it's not listed anymore.

EDIT: The main +'Justments page still lists QRP, just the Swaps' "Details" that doesn't say.

Last edited:
Back