Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anyone know anything about this series in general?
It's quite a popular series that has been snowballing recently. They have pretty much sold out as each volume has been released. My local tends to get them in, post on social media, and they go the same day.

Its quite a nice concept that has an old school vibe to the way the groups are formed and the music itself is pretty damn great as well. I actually streamed 001 a few weeks after 002 had been released and regretted not picking it up when it was first released.

For UK buyers this is actually not a bad deal for the VMP pressings. Around £75 with the exchange rate for 3 when I imagine you would be looking at £120 at least for standard pressings if you were lucky.

Edit: Worth noting that it looks like VMP are going to be releasing the whole series. I would say that they might do one of those bundle deals but at 500 copies each they might not even stay around. Who knows.

Anyone know anything about this series in general?

Very exciting concept when it was announced, and JID001 is a nice cross-section sample of the first 8 releases.

Sadly, I've been a little underwhelmed with the series overall though. It has so much potential, but I've never felt it reaches it. The only release so far I'd be really interested in owning is the Roy Ayers (JID002) but even that is a pretty low priority for its price point for me.

I'm looking forward to their Brian Jackson release dropping this weekend but also prepared to be underwhelmed again, and likely less inclined to keep close tabs on their releases thereafter.

It's quite a popular series that has been snowballing recently. They have pretty much sold out as each volume has been released. My local tends to get them in, post on social media, and they go the same day.

Its quite a nice concept that has an old school vibe to the way the groups are formed and the music itself is pretty damn great as well. I actually streamed 001 a few weeks after 002 had been released and regretted not picking it up when it was first released.

For UK buyers this is actually not a bad deal for the VMP pressings. Around £75 with the exchange rate for 3 when I imagine you would be looking at £120 at least for standard pressings if you were lucky.
They are being kept in print and not limited as far as i know. They seemed to be in stock on bandcamp last I checked and I know they were OOS in the past.

They are being kept in print and not limited as far as i know. They seemed to be in stock on bandcamp last I checked and I know they were OOS in the past.
Yeah looks like it but even then it's quite pricey online here in the UK. Looks like Juno has 003 for £28.50 plus postage. The bandcamp seems reasonable until you add the £21.38 postage to the £17.92 :ROFLMAO:

Back