Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I know VMP tend to hit the AAA crowd but secretly has been mega this year. Sharon Van Etten, Dino Jnr, Japanese Breakfast, Faye Webster, Shame…. Durand Jones… Hope it does it’s Black Friday deal again this year!

I would have been in for it if it was that cheap. I'm sure I looked at a year or so ago & didn't think it worked out. I'll definitely look at it again if it's that cheap.

View attachment 99082

Second exclusive I’ve ordered in two weeks. Love her music, also if anyone is looking to get rid of their VMP copy of Silver Tongue, please let me know.

While I do like VMP's color variant (at least in its mockup, who knows what it'll really look like), Colemine has a purple variant that comes with a bonus 7" for almost the same price.

Edit: you can also get it without the 7" for 20 bucks at Colemine.

Ehhh... I still went with VMP on this one. The bonus 7" is just a white-label with the album's first two tracks so no new music, and if I choose the $20 version it still comes out to about $27 after shipping and tax. So VMP is only a dollar or so more expensive but with a better color variant (presumably) and an August September January 2022 release. I guess I'll take it.

$25 for that UGK is a deal. Sounds good.
Yeah, that price point was perfect. Wish they would price more in this range. If it didn't sell out literally within like two minutes I may have snatched it up, but I guess that's okay cause I got that Sons of Kemet today, and after "album a day 2020" there's a possibility my wife may divorce me if it continues in 2021.

EDIT: *Sees a preorder link for 3 Feet High and Rising with $6 USD shipping*
"See...what had happened was..."

Last edited:
First impressions of that Sons of Kemet about four tracks in (streaming): This may be a contender for album of the year. It's simply fantastic. I'm pumped to pick it up this weekend and give it a spin.

Yeah, it's definitely in my top tier already after one listen before bed last night. There are a bunch of other things I want to check out today, but I anticipate this will get at least another stream or two too! On a no-buy right now, so will have to wait a couple more weeks to pick up and spin, but I know what I'll likely be doing on June 1st!

Yeah, it's definitely in my top tier already after one listen before bed last night. There are a bunch of other things I want to check out today, but I anticipate this will get at least another stream or two too! On a no-buy right now, so will have to wait a couple more weeks to pick up and spin, but I know what I'll likely be doing on June 1st!
Lemme know if you need a Canadian link to that $29.99 one. They ship in Canada so hopefully it'll still be cheaper than the VMP pressing. Still in stock so looks like they got a handful of copies.

EDIT: *Sees a preorder link for 3 Feet High and Rising with $6 USD shipping*
"See...what had happened was..."
Sad to report that popmarket randomly refunded this purchase last night with zero explanation to why.

On the other hand, Sons of Kemet is amazing. If anyone's on the fence about it and VMP is the cheapest options I'd wholeheartedly recommend giving it a shot.

Sad to report that popmarket randomly refunded this purchase last night with zero explanation to why.

On the other hand, Sons of Kemet is amazing. If anyone's on the fence about it and VMP is the cheapest options I'd wholeheartedly recommend giving it a shot.
Is the Sons of Kemet album cut by RKS? Discogs doesn’t have the runout info on the black version, but the orange variant looks to be RKS Sterling.

Back