Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

My Thelonious Monk sounds phenomenal! If people didn't clap in the background occasionally I'd be hard pressed to tell it was live.
My second was OK. The first an absolute trainwreck

Just came in to post about the VMP Hundred Waters exclusive from way back. Not only is this a great album and the pressing looks cool, but the lyric booklet has a really interesting concept built around codes and symbols (the album is called “Communicating” - get it? Do you? Lol). Each of the songs is represented by a different symbol and the album cover is also just a symbol and the lyrics booklet has all of the song lyrics along with groupings of symbols that

can be translated into lines from the chorus of that song, using the code key on the first page of the booklet

Anyway now, i’m trying to decipher the meaning of the symbols on the hype sticker and the album cover image and it’s kind of fun to have a little puzzle like this to solve while listening to the album.

I doubt VMP had any hand in creating the lyric booklet and album art, but it’s really cool and glad I own this one.

example of one of the pages from the booklet:
image.jpg

Just came in to post about the VMP Hundred Waters exclusive from way back. Not only is this a great album and the pressing looks cool, but the lyric booklet has a really interesting concept built around codes and symbols (the album is called “Communicating” - get it? Do you? Lol). Each of the songs is represented by a different symbol and the album cover is also just a symbol and the lyrics booklet has all of the song lyrics along with groupings of symbols that

can be translated into lines from the chorus of that song, using the code key on the first page of the booklet

Anyway now, i’m trying to decipher the meaning of the symbols on the hype sticker and the album cover image and it’s kind of fun to have a little puzzle like this to solve while listening to the album.

I doubt VMP had any hand in creating the lyric booklet and album art, but it’s really cool and glad I own this one.

View attachment 88052
I adore this album. I don't think it got the recognition it deserves, I think it's fantastic.

View attachment 88052
This is so cool! Love things like this.

My Thelonious Monk sounds phenomenal! If people didn't clap in the background occasionally I'd be hard pressed to tell it was live.

I had exactly the same thought: “this sounds as good as a studio session recording”. Brilliant recording & pressing. Regretting cancelling my pre-order of Palo Alto when I heard the whole release had been cancelled - though I’ve heard the recording quality isn’t as good - I’ll still probably pick up a regular black pressing of it, as it sounds decent enough on Apple streaming & the packaging & inserts look nice; I’m especially liking the large reproductions of the original gig posters.

I had exactly the same thought: “this sounds as good as a studio session recording”. Brilliant recording & pressing. Regretting cancelling my pre-order of Palo Alto when I heard the whole release had been cancelled - though I’ve heard the recording quality isn’t as good - I’ll still probably pick up a regular black pressing of it, as it sounds decent enough on Apple streaming & the packaging & inserts look nice; I’m especially liking the large reproductions of the original gig posters.
The poster is great.

Is there a story I don't know about VMP's Nils Frahm- Spaces? They want $47 for it but discogs and ebay are flooded with copies in the $25 range. Outstanding album and cool reversed art- is it just the genre niche that caused overbuying or something?

Is there a story I don't know about VMP's Nils Frahm- Spaces? They want $47 for it but discogs and ebay are flooded with copies in the $25 range. Outstanding album and cool reversed art- is it just the genre niche that caused overbuying or something?
It's from the era that VMP overprinted their ROTMs in excess of demand. A lot of the ROTMs from that era have settled in at prices well below their original "retail" price.

In spite of the above, I believe VMP asks for that retail to try to put on the presentation that ROTMs are a premium product and you should subscribe to get a "reduced" price. They occasionally have sales but never at the level that will significantly clean out their stock of these titles.

Definitely worth picking up...on the secondary market. I got my copy with all the VMP “goodies” a couple years ago for around $20.

It's from the era that VMP overprinted their ROTMs in excess of demand. A lot of the ROTMs from that era have settled in at prices well below their original "retail" price.

In spite of the above, I believe VMP asks for that retail to try to put on the presentation that ROTMs are a premium product and you should subscribe to get a "reduced" price. They occasionally have sales but never at the level that will significantly clean out their stock of these titles.

Definitely worth picking up...on the secondary market. I got my copy with all the VMP “goodies” a couple years ago for around $20.

I forgot all about this being an actual ROTM and not an exclusive- so that means they have jacked the price up to $47 as no ROTM was close to that before, yeah? Classy.

Anyway, I grabbed a mint copy on eBay for $20 shipped. Looking forward to it

I forgot all about this being an actual ROTM and not an exclusive- so that means they have jacked the price up to $47 as no ROTM was close to that before, yeah? Classy.

That's their retail price on a 2LP ROTM, it is ridiculous

Yeah, my second copy sounds great right up to the start of the very last song when the loud, repeated popping occurs. :cautious:

I was trying to be positive & hoped a good clean would fix it for me. It definitely softened the crackles but just made me realise how much side 1 was great & side 2 was crackly with pops. I've accepted defeat and got a second copy coming, hopefully that will work because it is such a great session.

The poster is great.
honestly this is the thing i most wanted the release for. I'm so annoyed I missed this monk release but honestly i have ... oof, at least 15 monk CDs and more than a handful of my favorites on vinyl. Like, I don't direly need another Monk album. But. It'd've been nice to frame up a monk gig poster.

My Anna B Savage is a noisy mess. Constant static every time it hit's the begininning of the "yolk" blue color. :/

You will love it. This might be my most spun VMP record of all time. Cool to hear it's affordable on the secondary market, I might invest in a second copy since I'll prob wear down my first.

Back