Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

maybe cameron might actually make the company much better than it has been... we could see an actual improvement since no matt is no longer involved

@NathanRicaud have you been keeping na eye on the stock of Yussef? Is it moving fast? Really don't want to let that one slip by
Only 38 copies left of the Yussef Dayes now! It’s not gonna last by the end of this week, and this VMP variant is the cheapest way to get this live album on vinyl!

I didn’t think this exclusive was going to go as quick because it’s USD$45, but I guess Yussef has a strong fanbase and the variant looks cool/is the cheapest one out there. I guess the fact that it’s 180g and gatefold is a small bonus. But it’s definitely pricey for a 2xLP GZ pressing!!!

Still I cannot wait to receive this exclusive and spin it! It’s gonna be total vibes during warm nights! 👌

Only 38 copies left of the Yussef Dayes now! It’s not gonna last by the end of this week, and this VMP variant is the cheapest way to get this live album on vinyl!

I didn’t think this exclusive was going to go as quick because it’s USD$45, but I guess Yussef has a strong fanbase and the variant looks cool/is the cheapest one out there. I guess the fact that it’s 180g and gatefold is a small bonus. But it’s definitely pricey for a 2xLP GZ pressing!!!

Still I cannot wait to receive this exclusive and spin it! It’s gonna be total vibes during warm nights! 👌

I spend too much money on vinyl already, if it was a QRP AAA ok, but I have to draw the line at $45 for a standard GZ pressing out of principle. If they all start charging that much it will probably be good for me as I will just not buy as much vinyl :)

I spend too much money on vinyl already, if it was a QRP AAA ok, but I have to draw the line at $45 for a standard GZ pressing out of principle. If they all start charging that much it will probably be good for me as I will just not buy as much vinyl :)
Yeah, it’s very expensive for that quality! It’s only worth it if it’s an album I really love! Because the VMP option is the cheapest, there’s no choice really, but I think this Yussef Dayes package will be really nice (the gatefold jacket especially).

The Avalanches VMP exclusive is also very expensive, but so is the indie exclusive/standard pressing for We Will Always Love You, so I guess the VMP price, whilst expensive, is understandable.

The FlySiifu VMP exclusive was a 2xLP, 180g coloured edition and was only USD$27. So it’s interesting to see the difference in costs between particular exclusives!

I just remember Cam as the guy who used to seem a nice host but ended up kicking us out without even saying goodbye. Fiedler at least gave us that what would you do with more time nonsense; Cam was nowhere to be seen those last days.

I mean, it’s worth remembering that VMP is still their job (and a dream job at that). With the exception of Fielder, I wouldnt want to risk getting involved that day and saying something I shouldnt either. If I remember correctly the only other one on that day was Paulie (which makes sense since hes CS).

Ugh, I want this, but I'm with @Andy here. No way I can shell out that much money without a guarantee that this is an absolutely stellar pressing - which is certainly not guaranteed with these details. I love this album, so this sucks really bad, but I'll hold out hope for a more reasonable standard black pressing in the future. These VMP price increases have put me in a few shitty situations like this. I used to buy 2 exclusives a month on average before the increases. Now it's zero. This is the first time in as long as I can remember I have nothing in my orders queue.

I used the $15 credit, and ended up getting this for $30 which seems like a fair price. The pricing on this is ridiculous, but it does seem like it's the cheapest option, and it's just so brilliant.

Thanks for thinking of me @NathanRicaud ! You're the man!

He was the one I think who wrote a piece about the album he “found” flicking through images on Discogs...
Yeah, Cam is personable, but he's a liar. He says whatever is expedient at a given moment. He even lied to moderators about who had been given warnings on the forum.

Does anyone have any info on the source used for the Yussef Dayes live album, or at least who cut it? I just listened to the Tidal version and it's a great album, but if the vinyl is just a digital source I'll give it a pass at the price.

Ugh, I want this, but I'm with @Andy here. No way I can shell out that much money without a guarantee that this is an absolutely stellar pressing - which is certainly not guaranteed with these details. I love this album, so this sucks really bad, but I'll hold out hope for a more reasonable standard black pressing in the future. These VMP price increases have put me in a few shitty situations like this. I used to buy 2 exclusives a month on average before the increases. Now it's zero. This is the first time in as long as I can remember I have nothing in my orders queue.

Same. I really want this album but there is no way I will pay what VMP or Yussef is asking for it. It's absolutely outrageous. And I wish other folks wouldn't encourage them to keep up such shitty pricing like this by continuing to purchase.

SURPRISE

$2 of each 27-30 dollar purchase will go to The MusiCares COVID Relief (which is owned by the grammies if that seems awkward but still great activism) and NIVA

Back