Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Does it feel like Storf is running VMP twitter this week? Social person must be on summer vacation.

It's been a few days /weeks that it seems he has access to their socials. Because what could go wrong with this ? Storf has always had a healthy relationship with social media and community engagement.

Got a shipping notice on Spiritualized and my Ambrose Akinmusire record and...same tracking number. Crazy!!

Yep, mine were all bundled together both this month and last month so glad they got that fixed.

Heads up to anyone who ordered Art Blakey. That one wasnt included despite showing "in stock" so who knows what's up there. Really hope it's not going to be held for another whole month.

Yep, mine were all bundled together both this month and last month so glad they got that fixed.

Heads up to anyone who ordered Art Blakey. That one wasnt included despite showing "in stock" so who knows what's up there. Really hope it's not going to be held for another whole month.
The ā€œin stockā€ thing seems to mean nothing haha. Alfredo has been ā€œin stockā€ for a month and a half or so.

Damn, I hope I get some shipping notices soon. I have 10 pre-orders (plus 2 for @Skalap) that are showing in stock but 'Pending'.
Yeah, I've got 15 records that are showing 'In Stock' but haven't shipped yet. And some of those records are mixed in with records that are still listed as 'Pre-Order', like Sonny Sharrock and Salt-N-Pepa, so I don't know if the records that are in-stock that are with those albums will ship with my September ROTM's or when the 'Pre-Order' item is in stock! šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I actually just realised I've got so many records waiting to be shipped from VMP, and have quite a lot on their way already to me, like my August box! šŸ˜…

ITS JUST A COLOR!!! :)
I know, but the VMP pinwheel variant looks incredible! Like I think the colour variant is one of the best I have ever seen from the mockups! If VMP pull the pinwheel effect off, like they did with The Roots' How I Got Over, it will certainly be one of the best looking variants ever in my opinion! šŸ’Æ

I've pre-ordered the HHV exclusive for Alfredo, but the VMP variant is way better looking and I love VMP so much! I really want the VMP variant for Alfredo! I want it so badly! šŸ˜©

I know, but the VMP pinwheel variant looks incredible! Like I think the colour variant is one of the best I have ever seen from the mockups! If VMP pull the pinwheel effect off, like they did with The Roots' How I Got Over, it will certainly be one of the best looking variants ever in my opinion! šŸ’Æ

I've pre-ordered the HHV exclusive for Alfredo, but the VMP variant is way better looking and I love VMP so much! I really want the VMP variant for Alfredo! I want it so badly! šŸ˜©
You are VMPā€™s ideal customer haha.

also it probably wonā€™t look like the mockup. 9/10 VMP albums donā€™t anymore.

I think the VMP Alfredo variant will look like the mockup because it's a pinwheel variant! Even if it doesn't look like the mockup, I'm sure the Cornetto colour variant will look great!

Yeah, the colour variants as of lately haven't been matching up to the mockups, but most still look great fortunately. Only real disappointments lately were The National and Oliver Nelson with the colour variants!

So this thing with colours... I take the Vinyl out and put it on the turntable. At that point I see the colour. I then sit down and don't see it again till I either flip it or put it away again so my whole colour admiring experience probably accounts for about for about 1 minute max of the whole record playing experience. I suppose if I was stood over the LP the whole time I'd get more... But I'd also be too close to my speakers and standing up for 30 minutes so it would kind of screw with the experience. On that basis coloured vinyl in my setup... Its a bit shit really

So this thing with colours... I take the Vinyl out and put it on the turntable. At that point I see the colour. I then sit down and don't see it again till I either flip it or put it away again so my whole colour admiring experience probably accounts for about for about 1 minute max of the whole record playing experience. I suppose if I was stood over the LP the whole time I'd get more... But I'd also be too close to my speakers and standing up for 30 minutes so it would kind of screw with the experience. On that basis coloured vinyl in my setup... Its a bit shit really
I will buy color variants when something goes on sale if it's the same or very similar price to black. Or if the pressing or remastering is different/better than an older pressing. Paying a lot more (or buying them from flippers) makes no sense to me really.

I think the VMP Alfredo variant will look like the mockup because it's a pinwheel variant! Even if it doesn't look like the mockup, I'm sure the Cornetto colour variant will look great!

Yeah, the colour variants as of lately haven't been matching up to the mockups, but most still look great fortunately. Only real disappointments lately were The National and Oliver Nelson with the colour variants!
But since you bought the album already, just check it off your wantlist! Please do not spend more money on it just for a different color. The resale will not be cheap on it and its not worth it. Save that money for Sade :cool: or for your retirement šŸ„³

I will buy color variants when something goes on sale if it's the same or very similar price to black. Or if the pressing or remastering is different/better than an older pressing. Paying a lot more (or buying them from flippers) makes no sense to me really.

Yeah, totally the way to go. If its the same master I don't see why people wouldn't rationalise that even when its in use they're probably not really going to see it (unless they're literally sitting next to their turntable and its below eye level) so going either the cheapest or similar in price or what is available would seem the sensible way. The idea of having an alternative pressing and being balls out desperate to have a different one... despite the two being absolutely identical in sound... is crazy to me. Maybe I've just become boring as I've aged though

But since you bought the album already, just check it off your wantlist! Please do not spend more money on it just for a different color. The resale will not be cheap on it and its not worth it. Save that money for Sade :cool: or for your retirement šŸ„³
I already purchased that Sade boxset, because I love Sade and the mastering/pressing details sound superb! But what I will do is start selling some of my records soon online, and to record stores! That will give me some extra money to splurge on things I do really want!

I definitely won't buy Alfredo off Discogs because it will be too expensive. I'll only purchase it from the VMP store as that's the only way I'll ever be able to get a decently priced copy of it! I'll contact CS when Alfredo starts shipping out and will see if they can give me a copy!

Any news if those Sade albums are gonna go out singularly?

I donā€™t find their discog strong enough for all those albums and would love to cherry pick - in fact, I dont think any of their albums are knockout classics and they work better on singles. But I wouldnā€™t mind grabbing 2-3 of them.

Back