Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

View attachment 64324

Wait, are the Hot Chip tracks on this LNT new/unreleased tracks? I don't recognize them? Is that normal for LNT releases that curator adds new songs? I'd be much more inclined to pick this up if that's the case as a huge Hot Chip fan. Prob get the white from the label.

Wait, are the Hot Chip tracks on this LNT new/unreleased tracks? I don't recognize them? Is that normal for LNT releases that curator adds new songs? I'd be much more inclined to pick this up if that's the case as a huge Hot Chip fan. Prob get the white from the label.

It used to be that the artist always covered one song for their LNT (Flaming Lips for instance did Seven Nation Army but with the lyrics of Moving to Florida by Butthole Surfers), but to my knowledge it was usually just that one off. I haven't kept up with them though so not sure if more recent artists have been doing more of their own tracks too.

The Flaming Lips LNT is great btw.

VMP responding to someone asking for a heavy metal ROTM by saying they've done Black Sabbath... and Queens of the Stone Age. I admit I'm not overly familiar with QOTSA but I don't think that's what the original poster had in mind.

Yeah these all feature guitars but obviously that’s not what he is getting at.

VMP responding to someone asking for a heavy metal ROTM by saying they've done Black Sabbath... and Queens of the Stone Age. I admit I'm not overly familiar with QOTSA but I don't think that's what the original poster had in mind.

I'm surprised they didn't delete that with all the comments I saw earlier saying they were stupid to call QOTSA metal.

QOTSA is literally hard rock. I find it funny that VMP is so not into doing metal music that they’re just like: “oh yeah, did you see all this other music that isn’t metal that we’ve done? It shares a single instrument between them so therefore you could compare them!” That’s like saying any music with singing is at all comparable to each other.

I was even feigning for more metal back when we were still good with them. The untapped potential to repress some well known metal music is obvious yet VMP consistently overlooks it. The last actually metal album I remember them having in stock was Magus - Thou, which was released in 2018. But there are good metal albums they could repress that would win a LOT of people over.

Love Storf, but.. 🤨 I guess if you squint Weezer and Queen are at least kind of Metal adjacent, but some of the other suggestions are not even electric guitar.

Speaking of Metal, Newbury Comics has a Gwar exclusive on pre-order...

Love Storf, but.. 🤨 I guess if you squint Weezer and Queen are at least kind of Metal adjacent, but some of the other suggestions are even electric guitar.

Speaking of Metal, Newbury Comics has a Gwar exclusive on pre-order...
Yeah someone asking about a heavy metal ROTM and VMP responding with "but we did Glass Animals" just feels so absurd lol

VMP is not a serious music club as long as it keeps that guy in whatever position he occupies to serve as the public face of the company, I'm sorry to say.
VMP is definitely not a serious music club, I agree with that! But they’re definitely the best music club, and they do great exclusives, even though their exclusives are pretty expensive!

VMP is definitely not a serious music club, I agree with that! But they’re definitely the best music club, and they do great exclusives, even though their exclusives are pretty expensive!

Even though I do not respect the company, I do consider it a fun club and will probably stay around as a member even after the price hike. :whistle:

Even though I do not respect the company, I do consider it a fun club and will probably stay around as a member even after the price hike. :whistle:
Yeah, I think a lot of people will join/stay as a member when VMP do the 3-month Essentials, Classics and Rap & Hip-Hop reveals! I think if OutKast and Erykah Badu really are the Essential picks for the next few months, VMP will be very popular!

Also, I wonder what Rap & Hip-Hop albums will be picked for the next few months! 1996 is a peak year in hip-hop! I cannot wait to see what album VMP choose!

Yeah, I think a lot of people will join/stay as a member when VMP do the 3-month Essentials, Classics and Rap & Hip-Hop reveals! I think if OutKast and Erykah Badu really are the Essential picks for the next few months, VMP will be very popular!

Also, I wonder what Rap & Hip-Hop albums will be picked for the next few months! 1996 is a peak year in hip-hop! I cannot wait to see what album VMP choose!
I Agree that outkast would be popular but it looks like the main baduh releases are widely available already

Back