Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Asked where my shipment was using the help link on the website and got a shipping notice in about 15min
I did the same yesterday. It's amazing they never respond to the actual question, but just ship something out. I asked a couple questions, but I guess if 2 of my 3 orders were sent out....that's progress. Good thing I'm patient with orders.

Off topic, but anyone know if you can cancel part of an order? I’ve got and order with two records but only want to cancel one.
Yeah definitely. I actually did that awhile back with Fetch the Bolt Cutters and something else I ordered at the same time I believe. Just email info@ and you’ll eventually get a response.

Thanks mate! Strangely enough, there is no option to ship to Canada, which I've never seen before. But it's okay because I'm not going to get it either way but I was curious to see how much cheaper PP's might be ordering from Europe. The answer is none much cheaper.

Were you looking at it in German? Canada is listed under "k" for Kanada. I definitely see the shipping costs for Canada in their shipping table which looks reasonable to me.

Anyway I guess you arent going to get it though.

If you can get hold of a copy of the pure pleasure press I have that one, it wasn’t that expensive and sounds infinitely better to the fat possom al green presses. It isn’t on colour but meh!
I heard some pretty bad things about the PP version (specifically some really bad tape distortion on Tired or Being Alone). Supposedly the master tapes were damaged and PP didn’t do anything to attempt to fix it.

Edit: saw this was brought up and you can’t test yours right now, but if anybody else has it and can address it, would be appreciated!

I heard some pretty bad things about the PP version (specifically some really bad tape distortion on Tired or Being Alone). Supposedly the master tapes were damaged and PP didn’t do anything to attempt to fix it.

Edit: saw this was brought up and you can’t test yours right now, but if anybody else has it and can address it, would be appreciated!

Not my experience 🤷🏻‍♂️

Funny, looks like a very active VMP Reddit user is one of the people who left a bad review regarding that track on Discogs. Small world!

Funny, looks like a very active VMP Reddit user is one of the people who left a bad review regarding that track on Discogs. Small world!
Haha yea I talk to that dude a lot on there and he said it's one of his favorite albums. He said the PP pressing sounds good except that one song has awful tape distortion. He's not the only one to say it either that's why I was curious about it. Hoffman forum has a few people complaining of the same thing...that the album itself sounds fantastic aside from that one song.

Haha yea I talk to that dude a lot on there and he said it's one of his favorite albums. He said the PP pressing sounds good except that one song has awful tape distortion. He's not the only one to say it either that's why I was curious about it. Hoffman forum has a few people complaining of the same thing...that the album itself sounds fantastic aside from that one song.
It is suprising that some people say it's great without mentioning that though, so maybe it could be a pressing issue? You can always go original, but you may have to wade through a lot of beat up copies. That has been my experience in the past looking for Al Green originals while trying to get a good deal and I never spent enough dedicated time to pick one up.

It is suprising that some people say it's great without mentioning that though, so maybe it could be a pressing issue? You can always go original, but you may have to wade through a lot of beat up copies. That has been my experience in the past looking for Al Green originals while trying to get a good deal and I never spent enough dedicated time to pick one up.
I agree, but in talking with that dude on reddit, I'm fairly comfortable trusting his opinion on that one. He's a huge Al Green fan too so if anybody noticed something bad about that PP pressing, he would probably be the one to notice it. A similar thing happened with the Black Fire Tone Poet...there are some speed changes/flutter on side 2 I believe and now I hear it every time I listen to it and it bothers me...

Which is why it would have been real nice for VMP to have whoever writes the descriptions actually do their job.

VMP said:
"Tired of Being Alone" is on this, which, along with Al Green being one of the undeniable legends of soul music, should be about the only motivation you need to smash that buy button and move along from this here writeup. So, have a good one!

That description is lazy as hell and basically say the quiet part out loud: "you'll buy this without thinking, because our FOMO works. Have a good one!"

I have an OG pressing that’s relatively clean and the sound is thick and glorious. I’m So Tired sounds great on it too. It’s almost impossible to find absolutely clean 70’s Hi records (at least Al Green and Ann Peebles) in general though. They were played hard, rightfully so. If I become a member, I’ll pick up the VMP pressing. If not I’ll stay happy with the copy I already have. The VMP Call Me edged out my original.

I have an OG pressing that’s relatively clean and the sound is thick and glorious. I’m So Tired sounds great on it too. It’s almost impossible to find absolutely clean 70’s Hi records (at least Al Green and Ann Peebles) in general though. They were played hard, rightfully so. If I become a member, I’ll pick up the VMP pressing. If not I’ll stay happy with the copy I already have. The VMP Call Me edged out my original.
The Speaker's Corner reissue of Call Me gets rave reviews as well if anybody missed out on the VMP pressing.

Back