Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

How the hell do you do this? Now that’s a skill I need to learn

If you check out the VMP magazine, the links to buy on those pages are different than the store links. Not only do they let non-members buy, but they also have no quantity restrictions. Therefore if you add too many to your cart the system corrects you with the number available.

For the store, if its not a limited purchase just add a s&!t ton to your cart and it will correct your stock to the current available.

and finally, good to see they fixed that magazine bypass link for purchases /s (98 left BTW)

those classy f&(kers!

1589991416315.png

Last edited:
Latifah > 100
Mariah > 100 - weird one, it warns me I cant add more that 2 but if i add 100 it lets me, so this may not be right. i got to check out without a stock warning.
Kim = 35

I thought Mariah was one per customer but idk lol Kim it is!! HOPEFULLY

Grabbed Ambrose but Amazon is selling the standard version for $20 with autorip so if a download doesn't come with the VMP version I think I'm going to cancel and go with them.

Does download come with any VMP version? Not that I'm aware of.
Their own pressings don't but if it is a color way, then some do. I don't think Blue Note typically has download inserts. Anybody remember if the Joel Ross had one?

VMP (I think Storf on twitter) went on a whole tirade online about how download cards are stupid and make records more expensive. His argument boiled down to if you want both buy both separately...which is obviously a stupid argument. But this is why I typically buy vinyl on bandcamp if I can. You always get a FLAC/WAV/MP3 download included. I got the new Nick Hakim on bandcamp instead of VMP for that reason and funny enough it also included a separate MP3 download card inside the sleeve.

Would love that Ambrose but after buying that Dead Anthology, I think I don't think I can justify buying any exclusives this week.
Completely ok with grabbing the Standard Black down the line, Brown isnt really that tempting of an exclusive color.
Yea--not my favorite color but also I was going to buy it anyway so may as well get the limited to 500 instead of the wider issue. BN doesn't do a ton of color variants. I wish they would press some of his older stuff to vinyl or repress it. The Imagined Savior is nowhere to be found on vinyl and Origami Harvest and Live at the Village Vanguard were never pressed as far as I can tell. I only have When The Heart Emerges because of the BN box.

VMP (I think Storf on twitter) went on a whole tirade online about how download cards are stupid and make records more expensive. His argument boiled down to if you want both buy both separately...which is obviously a stupid argument.

I have no use for digital codes but yeah, that is a really stupid argument. 4k blu-rays include an actual physical BR disc + digital copy. I can't imagine that little piece of cardboard with a digital download adds that significant a cost to a record. Plus it adds to the sales count for the album so you'd think it would be a plus for the artist.

Maybe it comes to those pesky licensing agreements VMP has to deal with again. But that would be a better response than "Just buy both".

Worth noting that VMP updated the listing for Ambrose:
Expected to ship in early October 2020

If you order the black vinyl, you'll likely get it sooner since Blue Note says end of August for the black pressing.

It's $20.49 on amazon with autorip right now
Might not be as cheap for a non-US buyer. Also, autorip of an MP3 isn't a huge deal for me personally. If it was a high-res FLAC/WAV download, that's a different story. But I can always stream this on Qobuz or Apple Music once it comes out if I want to listen to it on the go.

Might not be as cheap for a non-US buyer. Also, autorip of an MP3 isn't a huge deal for me personally. If it was a high-res FLAC/WAV download, that's a different story. But I can always stream this on Qobuz or Apple Music once it comes out if I want to listen to it on the go.

Yeah I'm ok with paying 25€ for a coloured pressing in this case.

I assume that's approximately what they'll get listed for here.

But maybe there will be a nice dodax or Amazon deal that comes up by October..so I'll just bounce the vmp one then.

Yeah just was letting them know. I don't pay for any music service so being able to get any digital for free is important.

Back