Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

My VMP update (for my records, and for complaining sake)

Awaiting: TLC "Fan Mail" replacement OR refund
Awaiting: Handsome Boy Modeling School album OR refund

I see that some people have received refunds, their albums, etc. Is anyone in the same boat as me and and received NO REAL HUMAN CORRESPONDENCE FOR OVER A MONTH?

Last edited:

I see that some people have received refunds, their albums, etc. Is anyone in the same boat as me and and received NO REAL HUMAN CORRESPONDENCE FOR OVER A MONTH?

Yup, I’ve got an answer early December sending me a replacement order, that still appears unfulfilled.

Got twomass emails but got out of several mass emailing, filed 4 separate PayPal claims that got settled in my favor due to a lack of response from VMP, and just received a shipping confirmation for my swapped Classics today.

This shit is unbelievable.

No human aka adult communication in over a month. I did get a refund

The only human correspondence I got was after I ranted on their Instagram post, got a DM from their social media coordinator, and then got a reply almost right away from Pauly.

That was mid-December. Nothing since, nothing on my issue with BB King.

The only human correspondence I got was after I ranted on their Instagram post, got a DM from their social media coordinator, and then got a reply almost right away from Pauly.

That was mid-December. Nothing since, nothing on my issue with BB King.
Yeah I took to Twitter today. Piled on with some folks. They ain’t responding.

I wasn’t unkind but when I get an auto response back being fussed at about how they are still working on issues and not to respond back said email, I get a little annoyed.
Also I didn’t respond back multiple times. And I thought late December that had worked through their issues or most of them.
Seems like they still have a large amount. But hey the VMP way is to impress and throw a number at things

Yup, I’ve got an answer early December sending me a replacement order, that still appears unfulfilled.

Got twomass emails but got out of several mass emailing, filed 4 separate PayPal claims that got settled in my favor due to a lack of response from VMP, and just received a shipping confirmation for my swapped Classics today.

This shit is unbelievable.
So, I was supposed to get a refund for something from them but haven't gotten it after 2 weeks. They said it would come in 72 hours but nothing. How do I file a claim on paypal. When I select refund it says if I haven't returned said item that I need to contact VMP.

So, I was supposed to get a refund for something from them but haven't gotten it after 2 weeks. They said it would come in 72 hours but nothing. How do I file a claim on paypal. When I select refund it says if I haven't returned said item that I need to contact VMP.
72 hours was up for me before the nye and yet here we are in the new year with two pending refunds.

IDK, I am still not being charged sales tax in CA. Not complaining, hope they don't fix that.

What's funny is that for a purchase I made in early November (before the migration) I got hit with sales tax for the first time but it didn't let me know about it until the Tina screen, after the payment was sent. I hit up CS and they gave me credits to make up for the surprise tax.

After switching to the new system, I haven't been charged with sales tax once.

If you did pay via PayPal you have to open a dispute from the payment recap, clicking on the actual payment. It’s not a transparent process tbh.

As a non-Yankee, yall have very confusing tax laws. I know some States charge tax depending on where the item is shipped from while others do it depending on where it's being shipped to. The platform basically has all this set as default but you can make exceptions for goods, as well as stuff like county taxes and shit.. so that may be why you're not being charged?
as of 10/1/19 ALL purchases shipped to CA must be taxed. Previously it was only if the company had a location in CA. For example, I paid sales tax on a record I bought on ebay form the UK.

Their support queue baffles me.

I emailed on NYE asking to have my main track switched to classics (previously essentials with classics add-on) because essentials tends to not sell out and I usually like the classics track more. Also asked about an order I had that I suspected was oversold (Al Green and Comet from that day when stuff got restocked). Got a response from CS in under an hour saying they had switched my track and that it "looked like" my order was indeed oversold. I wasn't going to bother trying to figure out if it was actually oversold or not so I asked for a refund, and got a reply on the 2nd saying it had been issued.

It's crazy to hear that some people haven't heard anything in a month.

Their support queue baffles me.

I emailed on NYE asking to have my main track switched to classics (previously essentials with classics add-on) because essentials tends to not sell out and I usually like the classics track more. Also asked about an order I had that I suspected was oversold (Al Green and Comet from that day when stuff got restocked). Got a response from CS in under an hour saying they had switched my track and that it "looked like" my order was indeed oversold. I wasn't going to bother trying to figure out if it was actually oversold or not so I asked for a refund, and got a reply on the 2nd saying it had been issued.

It's crazy to hear that some people haven't heard anything in a month.

It's baffling! Mind you, I ordered TLC on April 15th. Yes, April 15th. I just got it, and it's fucked up. I know they oversold the HBMS, so whatever, just refund it already. Cannot get a real person for the life of me. Ironically, I have been a member since Weezer's "Pinkerton", so you'd THINK (lol) that perhaps they'd want to help out long time customers.

Back