Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Where can I grab the Labi besides VMP? Any pressings I should avoid of it?
Based on their past business relationship, I would imagine it’s the same pressing as Mr. Bongo just w/o the colored wax.

I'd appreciate advice on a few Swap options. I'm struggling to make a decision since I've never been able to get into Dirty Projectors. The records I'm eying - and I don't feel particularly strongly about any particular one atm - are: Clipse, Open Mike Eagle, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, Mavis Staples, Isley Brothers.

I listen to my fair share of rap, and I listen to less soul / R&B, but if one of those last three albums is a "must-have" I'd go for it over one of the first three.
Clipse is the must-have imo, but Daydream makes me feel like a million bucks every. single. time.

i got a 3-mo renewal heads up email today and it did state that the 'estimated charge on renewal' would be $87.51, so it seems there is some sort of tax calculation added to these where applicable.

however, the billing address they note in the email is from a place i haven't lived at in over two years, and only my current address is on the website, so that's cool.
I haven't changed my address in 4.5 years with VMP and I had a shipping notice for a single record BF order (God knows what else is in there) addressed to simply:

"Home
San Diego CA 92105" (not my zip code)"

After taking a trip to the wrong zip code post office they told me this... How does that even leave the warehouse without a name or street address? On last check it's headed back to NC. I'll be nervous to eventually open the package after traveling back and forth across the country like Forrest Gump.

Edit: Forgot to say I'm still waiting on ANY information for my December records. I usually only do the Classics track but I bit on Aretha and Run DMC.

Last edited:
Got shipping notice and tracking number for Swing Lo Magellan already, surprisingly and happily. Nothing for the ROTM, of course and I didn't expect that.

• Coltrane arrived much delayed and randomly at the end of November.
  • I've felt fairly lucky this season. November ROTM titles arrived later, but together: Brubeck, QOTSA and a swapped-for Flaming Lips (Clouds).
  • Black Friday I ordered Loretta (Fist City) and Willie (Both Sides Now) which I got last week, with tracking but USPS says it's not delivered and it is, so that's on them.
  • Aretha arrived with tracking on Christmas Eve with B.B. King also inside - this one still says Unfulfilled strangely. Swapped third track was for Charlie Brown which shipped early and separately from these other two, arriving mid-December.
  • Fiona (Idler) also arrive separately and alone Christmas week. USPS also shows this not yet delivered, which is some sort of glitch on their end.
  • My only true Unfulfilled and outstanding item is Fiona (Tidal) which was ordered the day it was released as a repress in early November. So, this is the last one to see if it makes it, fingers crossed.

Finally back from my holiday travels, and see that I missed more VMP issues, as well as some nutrition hot takes from @NathanRicaud that sound like something my aunt would blindly share on Facebook when she's taking a break from rambling about vaccines...soo business as usual around these parts, I see!
Welcome back home Heath! 🏠⛄

Yeah, unfortunately there’s nothing really new here! I don’t know if the atmosphere in this thread will change in the next month to be honest...😶🤐

I emailed in and asked for a manual swap to Ray Charles and got a reply in 5 minutes that it was done and they asked me follow up and confirm that I saw it on my end. I replied right away and also asked for an update on the outstanding items from my December package since I haven't heard from VMP about them since the 19th. That was about 2 hours ago and no response yet... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Just make sure to keep us all up to date about the consistency of your blood!
Right now, I think my blood would be thick, lethargic, impure, mucky and opaque because I had so much meat today 😭

But from next Monday, my blood will be consistently more transparent, liquid-y and clean because I’ll be eating less meat! 🥩 🍖

And I’m going to be doing a full detox on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, to ensure I get a head start on living a healthy life from the first Monday of the decade!!! 🤗🌈

Right now, I think my blood would be thick, lethargic, impure, mucky and opaque because I had so much meat today 😭

But from next Monday, my blood will be consistently more transparent, liquid-y and clean because I’ll be eating less meat! 🥩 🍖

And I’m going to be doing a full detox on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, to ensure I get a head start on living a healthy life from the first Monday of the decade!!! 🤗🌈

Nothing I hate more than lethargic blood!

Have any of you seen this before? They added credits and it showed up in this different spot separate from my other credits and I can't access them. If I go to buy anything is just says $61 credits, no mention of the other 23....

View attachment 28015
So it's been figured out, apparently there are two types of credits, those are the ones like they used to have where it would automatically go towards your next purchase, whether it's a store purchase or a membership renewal. The new ones you can pick and choose how much of them you want to use for purchases but don't go towards renewals. Aaaand like I said before you cannot use discount codes with the credits now, which is not cool.

Back