Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I got B.B, Aretha, and RUN DMC today. I never got a shipping notice email like I used to do. I knew something was coming from NC because of informed delivery from USPS. When I check my account at VMP, it still says unfulfilled for Aretha. The only one that shows a tracking number is Fiona and I don’t have that yet. It’s scheduled for Monday I haven’t listened to them yet, but they look fine. Hope you guys get yours soon.

I never received notification for those either, and I got all three today.
I DID look a few hours ago and EVERYTHING ELSE I was waiting on now has tracking numbers and marked as "fulfilled," but not the ROTM albums.

I don’t think Herbie Hancock’s Mr Hands is a trash pick at all! It’s a magnificent album! The last track - Textures - is a slow-motion, bouncy, galactic, slice of groovy early-morning sunrise music. The track is so lush and lightweight, yet has this subdued, hypnotic, dizzying wobbly-like feel. And then the second last track - is such a rapid, choppy, fast-motion, improvised, sweaty track but the dreamy, syrupy keys in the track give the track a semi-lullaby, contemporary, neo-soul feel! 🌼🍄☕

Hearing Herbie Hancock’s Mr. Hands reminds me of BADBADNOTGOOD’s first album. It is like jazz infused with hip-hop and electronic! The instrumentation on Mr. Hands is very bright and and is always changing rhythm. You get subtle quiet moments at the start of most tracks, and before you know it, your in a kaleidoscopic of playful, colourful sounds! 🍭🌈

It truly is a wonderful album and it’s being unfairly looked at, because it’s not one of the top-tier Herbie Hancock albums. I honestly would rank the album a 9.2/10! The instrumentation really jumps around each other playfully, and the improvisation is intense, but the music is still tight, funky, quirky and lavish! 💎

I can understand N*E*R*D’s Fly and Die being a trash pick. Even though I’m looking forward to spin the album, I kind of agree that it is a trash ROTM pick. It’s a bit half-baked, mellow-goofy, and just has weak vocals overall. It’s definitely a disappointing pick. BUT MR. HANDS BY HERBIE HANCOCK IS AN AMAZING PICK! 👨‍🍳🍹

I mostly agree with you:

1. The Herbie album is not a trash pick, just lazy... probably the only one they could get the rights to, perhaps.
2. If we're looking at things happening at it's time of release, it has a lot in common with what Pat Metheny Group were doing at the time, aesthetic-wise. If you dig Mr. Hands, it is worth looking for the Pat Metheny Group album, or their album Watercolors.
3. N.E.R.D. is the first album in a while I cannot wait to swap. I wanted to get excited for this, I just can't.

My account states that I still have five unfulfilled orders. I’m waiting on Aretha, Run DMC, Slowthai, Fiona, and the Zuu restock. I’m only a state away from NC, so I assume mine haven’t even shipped yet. I usually get mine two days after the shipping notice.

My account states that I still have five unfulfilled orders. I’m waiting on Aretha, Run DMC, Slowthai, Fiona, and the Zuu restock. I’m only a state away from NC, so I assume mine haven’t even shipped yet. I usually get mine two days after the shipping notice.

hrm, they may be shipping by furthest first; I am in NC

So an update from yesterday, in addition to receiving BB and Aretha (though never having received tracking and them still showing as unfulfilled on my orders page) I now have tracking for Woozy and Customer Service finally replied to my complaint and has refunded my shipping charge - I almost wonder if that complaint prodded them to get it shipped. Funds hit PayPal.

Still nothing on Fiona though.

I would absolutely love for VMP to do some Kaytranada exclusives! It would be soooooo good to get his two studio albums, “99.9%” and “BUBBA” as VMP exclusives! 🍹🏖🥥🍍🚤

I don’t think Herbie Hancock’s Mr Hands is a trash pick at all! It’s a magnificent album! The last track - Textures - is a slow-motion, bouncy, galactic, slice of groovy early-morning sunrise music. The track is so lush and lightweight, yet has this subdued, hypnotic, dizzying wobbly-like feel. And then the second last track - is such a rapid, choppy, fast-motion, improvised, sweaty track but the dreamy, syrupy keys in the track give the track a semi-lullaby, contemporary, neo-soul feel! 🌼🍄☕

Hearing Herbie Hancock’s Mr. Hands reminds me of BADBADNOTGOOD’s first album. It is like jazz infused with hip-hop and electronic! The instrumentation on Mr. Hands is very bright and and is always changing rhythm. You get subtle quiet moments at the start of most tracks, and before you know it, your in a kaleidoscopic of playful, colourful sounds! 🍭🌈

It truly is a wonderful album and it’s being unfairly looked at, because it’s not one of the top-tier Herbie Hancock albums. I honestly would rank the album a 9.2/10! The instrumentation really jumps around each other playfully, and the improvisation is intense, but the music is still tight, funky, quirky and lavish! 💎

I can understand N*E*R*D’s Fly and Die being a trash pick. Even though I’m looking forward to spin the album, I kind of agree that it is a trash ROTM pick. It’s a bit half-baked, mellow-goofy, and just has weak vocals overall. It’s definitely a disappointing pick. BUT MR. HANDS BY HERBIE HANCOCK IS AN AMAZING PICK! 👨‍🍳🍹

Yet another Jazz pick following on from the year of 5 jazz. It’s no longer classics at all at this rate it’s just jazz 🤮. So glad I’ll get no more of them. I’ll defer to @Selaws opinion on the album picked, he knows what he’s talking about and made a compelling case as to why it should be pretty much anything other than this from the artist.

Dirty Projectors can join Phoenix in the land of indie I hate and it’s always going to be pretty rare that I’m interested in the rhh stream (in happier times it was my freebie swap stream!) but even you don’t care for it this month.

The January of rank mediocrity seems an overly fair assessment from here...

Oh! Merry Christmas! May all you share my cheer in nearly being done with this shower of clowns. New Year, New Joe, No more VMP 🥳

Yet another Jazz pick following on from the year of 5 jazz. It’s no longer classics at all at this rate it’s just jazz 🤮. So glad I’ll get no more of them. I’ll defer to @Selaws opinion on the album picked, he knows what he’s talking about and made a compelling case as to why it should be pretty much anything other than this from the artist.

Dirty Projectors can join Phoenix in the land of indie I hate and it’s always going to be pretty rare that I’m interested in the rhh stream (in happier times it was my freebie swap stream!) but even you don’t care for it this month.

The January of rank mediocrity seems an overly fair assessment from here...

Oh! Merry Christmas! May all you share my cheer in nearly being done with this shower of clowns. New Year, New Joe, No more VMP 🥳
Merry Christmas Baby Joe! ❄️🎄👶

Have a wonderful time with all your family and enjoy the cheerful energy of today! Enjoy all the amazing food too! 😊🌟🎁🎊🍻🍖🥔🍇🧀🥩🍤

Enjoy the freedom of being free from VMP! 🙌🤸‍♀️🧘‍♂️

I still think January is a pretty great month in terms of the 3 ROTM tracks as 2/3 are spectacular picks! But I understand why you think it’s a mediocre month! 💣🙉🥀

It’s funny you think there’s any rhyme or reason to how VMP operates :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I mean this is something that us internationals actually used to ask them to do. Back before we realised that it was a shop rather than a club we used to think that getting things at a similar time would add to that feel. Seeing as I rarely get my package in the month it’s for anymore I don’t think that’s ever been listened to.

Got my TLC bundle yesterday that I knew was coming as well as my 3 ROTMs in a separate package that never showed up on informed delivery or was marked as shipped. Weird.

1 more package should be arriving tomorrow or Friday containing most of my other records. Only one not marked as shipped is the restocked Al Green exclusive. Not much hope for that one but if I receive all the others, I won’t be too disappointed

All I get from vmp has been two emails saying we value you as a customer yadda yadda yadda generic mass email. I responded saying I’d simple appreciate an actual tracking number or response from a member that been with you since the beginning and would like to know what their plan is with the forums since it’s been a year. Then I get the same email in response. I should throw that shit on reddit or somewhere to go viral just how badly run and impersonal this company truly is. They’ll swag the fuck out of new vinyl and pay themselves in the back at every opportunity for their newer fanboys; but try to get some real info for us older cats and it’s all dodge and chase. Not a great recipe for trust and longevity.

Back