Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Doesn't change that they have the cash though.
Sure, that is why I said kind of. But having all the cash can be very misleading and get you in a lot of trouble with investments down the line especially if you start refunding the deferred revenue you planned to put on your books. But again, this is VMP so I'm sure they made the worst decisions possible.

Sure, that is why I said kind of. But having all the cash can be very misleading and get you in a lot of trouble with investments down the line especially if you start refunding the deferred revenue you planned to put on your books. But again, this is VMP so I'm sure they made the worst decisions possible.

As you note, this is VMP. A company which just had to fund recent releases through kickfurther.

But having all the cash can be very misleading and get you in a lot of trouble with investments down the line especially if you start refunding the deferred revenue you planned to put on your books.

yeah but...

this is VMP so I'm sure they made the worst decisions possible.

...that!

1 of 3 records show as fulfilled with a tracking number. No emails. The other two still in limbo, but I did also initiate charge backs on those. The one that shipped is replacement for a damaged record I received over a month ago. I'll take it. The other two I'd also take and cancel my charge backs if they ship. Not sure if the accounting/shipping worlds are aligned enough to know not to ship those out, but somehow I DOUBT IT.

Where are people seeing "shipping label created" or tracking numbers? I'm still only seeing one of my 11 ordered records as "fulfilled", but when I click on the details, it just shows what I paid for it.

Where are people seeing "shipping label created" or tracking numbers? I'm still only seeing one of my 11 ordered records as "fulfilled", but when I click on the details, it just shows what I paid for it.
Same here. It says fulfilled but no tracking number. what does it mean?

in my case I have Aretha showing fulfilled with a tracking number (that doesnt look to be valid yet) and BB King showing as fulfilled but without a tracking number. I’m guessing it’ll be a part of the Aretha package, but who knows with VMP

Ask them now. In the meantime, what if you wanted to buy something? Don't spend more of your actual cash on it and, if you do, contact them immediately and have it refunded and pulled from your missing credit. Waiting won't help you. Move on this as quick as possible. You're going to be waiting either way.
I just quickly put something in my cart, and when I checked out, it shows all my credit (which I can use for redemption!). So all is good thankfully! The credits don’t appear next to the ‘orders’ tab/button, only when I check out! 🕵️‍♂️

Bit of a relief I don’t have to contact Customer Service about it! 😇

Howdy. Just sharing my status for the collective analysis of the 2019 VMP shipping clusterfuck.

I got that email from VMP basically saying I’m in the 30% of people who didn’t get their December box yet.

Informed delivery says a package is on the way due to be delivered on the 26th. Ironic that my box is coming on Boxing Day. Haha. The VMP orders page doesn’t mention anything about my December records. Still unfulfilled. So we’ll see what shows up.

Ditto x3. 1 album as "Fulfilled", no shipping info. 6 albums as "Unfulfilled". One of many I suppose lurking quietly in that 30% ish...er, number. Hoping for a Festivus Miracle! </kramer> Is it possible there there will be even more airing of grievances in 3 days? :)

I just got this:

"Hi Scott ,

Please don't give up on us. You're probably thinking to yourself that it took less time for those guys to fly to the moon in the 60's than it's taking us to solve the issue you emailed us about, and if so, you're right. We got overwhelmed with recent customer service requests and our customer service team has been doing everything in their power to make up for the extra tickets. We're almost to yours, and then all of this will be behind us.

To try to make up for it, we've got a discount code here for your next order. Use "3FFY8Q9FMB23" at checkout to receive 20% off your next order (one-time use for store purchases only, cannot be applied to past purchases, valid through Jan 31, 2020).

We're so sorry this happened, and we know that there are some things an email and a coupon can't fix. Please stick with us, though. We've learned a lot from this situation and are going to come back better than ever in 2020. We love you, and we hope to see around here for years to come

<3 VMP"

I just got this:

"Hi Scott ,

Please don't give up on us. You're probably thinking to yourself that it took less time for those guys to fly to the moon in the 60's than it's taking us to solve the issue you emailed us about, and if so, you're right. We got overwhelmed with recent customer service requests and our customer service team has been doing everything in their power to make up for the extra tickets. We're almost to yours, and then all of this will be behind us.

To try to make up for it, we've got a discount code here for your next order. Use "3FFY8Q9FMB23" at checkout to receive 20% off your next order (one-time use for store purchases only, cannot be applied to past purchases, valid through Jan 31, 2020).

We're so sorry this happened, and we know that there are some things an email and a coupon can't fix. Please stick with us, though. We've learned a lot from this situation and are going to come back better than ever in 2020. We love you, and we hope to see around here for years to come

<3 VMP"
Wow. If this was a marketing email this tone would be fine, but seriously they are now making their own jokes about their own extended customer service issues. It's like they want people to quit.

Question, if you cancel in the middle of a subscription period, do you get a refund or store credit for the remaining months?

For example, I’m 2 months in to a 6 month subscription (renewed on Nov 1).

Feeling like I’m stuck and will be going down with the band.
According to the policies, you can quit at any time and get a refund. But given the current state of things, good luck actually getting that refund.

I just got this:

"Hi Scott ,

<3 VMP"
I might hide that code eh? That looks like it actually is one time use.

Also, yeah in terms of refunds I got one a week ago and it still hasn't shown up in my credit card account. I truly don't believe we're at the point where they're lying about giving refunds, I'm guessing it's just another part of the system/website that isn't working properly. Of course it's going to be rather hard to prove to them I didn't actually receive the refund on my end, so it may come to a chargeback. But just be forewarned, the refund system appears to be broken.

Back