Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

That's how you lure them , example situation ....

ohhh look at this label there name is so beautiful I bet it's full of happy go lucky pip songs let's give it a try...

Omg it's so sad, mom I thought you said this would make me happy and I only want to cry!!

End scene

It's early and coffee is still kicking in but that's how I imagine it could play out 🤣

But equally they’re teenagers, maudlin is their whole identity, they distrust happy. You don’t want them to think of you as “the sell out club” 😜

Last edited:
Can you mash that plus sign a few hundred times on Ray Charles? I'm holding out for a swaption given the current Jan front-runners for Classics and Essentials
that was my exact same intention as well. But the newer once are limited to 2 per customer, so it does not work

Edit: i can tell you that they still have 330 of Caribou -Swim and 220 of the Vagabon album

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what was this add-on and what's been left behind?

Other than essentials I've got a bunch of older restocked records I'm not sure are actually coming, oh and Mobb Deep

It’s for Charlie Brown Christmas, so I guess that wasn’t my copy on Matt’s desk after all.

Still missing my December ROTM (Aretha) and five orders from November: Mob Deep, Beck, Super Ape, Sonny Rollins and Al Green (Let’s Stay Together sclusie). Aretha is the only one I have any faith in actually receiving at this point.

The real trick is that everyone who gets screwed should require a refund to the original form of payment rather than credits. They probably push store credit so hard and so early, because they don't have to report or have it show up on their financials as returned payments.

Regarding that Charlie Brown Christmas: quite a few of the modern colored represses are supposed to sound pretty bad.

The Craft re-issue is supposed to be one of the better sounding pressings.

There is another one, Analogue Productions, that’s very expensive and sounds the best. 2x45 rpm

Last edited:
It’s for Charlie Brown Christmas, so I guess that wasn’t my copy on Matt’s desk after all.

Still missing my December ROTM (Aretha) and five orders from November: Mob Deep, Beck, Super Ape, Sonny Rollins and Al Green (Let’s Stay Together sclusie). Aretha is the only one I have any faith in actually receiving at this point.

Thanks!

I'm in a similar boat, I'm only really expecting Aretha at this point! I have 2 records I ordered before migration, Max Roach and Barbara Howard, I have little confidence that I'll actually get them and Blossom Dearie that I got mid migration that again I'm not confident I'm getting that either....oh and of course the whole Mobb Deep mess...

The real trick is that everyone who gets screwed should require a refund to the original form of payment rather than credits. They probably push store credit so hard and so early, because they don't have to report or have it show up on their financials as returned payments.
It also kicks the can down the road on capital issues, particularly given that they have clearly sought outside funding on multiple occasions. It's my aggravation at pre-orders several months out and charging immediately versus when things ship. They're basically getting small interest-free loans from their customers. Everything smells of give us the cash now, we'll figure out the rest later.

So if you're still waiting on Brubeck to be replaced, bad luck, it's definitely OOS. And so, I won't receive it because my box got lost and they're sending another minus that.
Ugh, Pauly told me on 11/18 that my replacement would be shipped out ASAP and I'd get an email soon with tracking. Never got an email, order page says unfulfilled, along with Aretha. :(

Definitely, while the music and vocal are obviously very powerful he paints some beautiful pictures with his lyrics in that one. I find the opening lyric in particularly to be pretty jaw dropping:

Looking out the door
I see the rain fall upon the funeral mourners
Parading in a wake of sad relations
As their shoes fill up with water

When I was in college, the girl I was dating was really into Tim Buckley and and I got really into Jeff at the time. For my freshman English composition class, we were working on poetry and the professor had us bring in song lyrics to analyze in class. I took in the lyrics to Jewel Box from Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk. It was really a great, beautiful song to look at as poetry, especially since the majority of other songs brought in were Eminem, Springsteen, etc (I went to school in NJ in the early 2000's).

We need some damn emo exclusives. Thursday me please. Full Collapse anyone?
Nah, let someone who won't fuck it up do that.
I would adore a full-on emo vinyl subscription service run by @siremobunny and @blissfullychaotic

As would I!
Full Collapse from what I have seen seems to get reissues every few years... I think my copy is from 2016?
I wish Equal Vision would re-release Second Stage Turbine Blade.

Regarding that Charlie Brown Christmas: quite a few of the modern colored represses are supposed to sound pretty bad.

The Craft re-issue is supposed to be one of the better sounding pressings.

There may be another one, Analogue Productions (?), that’s very expensive and sounds the best.

There is a second one from Analogue Productions that is one LP and NOT 45RPM:

Apparently these 3 are the best you can find, per reviews anyway. The VMP is a color variant of the Craft, of course.
I just got shipment notice for this one (which was a swap for RHH), but not for any other tracks, alas.

There is a second one from Analogue Productions that is one LP and NOT 45RPM:

Apparently these 3 are the best you can find, per reviews anyway. The VMP is a color variant of the Craft, of course.
I just got shipment notice for this one (which was a swap for RHH), but not for any other tracks, alas.
Yep, the 33RPM AP is the one I have. Wish it had the original cover like the Craft version, but otherwise it's perfect.

Fun fact about refunds. I was able to cancel my first order for Fiona, and I got an email saying they would be refunding me. Checked my bank today, 8 business days later, still no refund. The bank says most refunds take 1-3 business days, but can take up to 15 business days. I fully expect to be filing a dispute with the bank on 12/20. Moral of the story, check your accounts and make sure you're actually getting your refunds.
Just to help keep everyone in the loop of the endless list of ongoing issues, me refund from VMP has still not hit the bank. I emailed VMP letting them know the issue, so we'll see if they even respond. But if I'm not alone in this, they'll probably need some accounting temps to catch up with errors as well.

Aside from all of our frustrations, I can't imagine how bad it must be for the actual employees. I'm sure they all get paid at or below average wages for their positions because they hire people with minimal experience and probably use the "small company" excuse with them as well. It's been awhile since this much mismanagement has been this public. I would say maybe the VC group will appoint a new CEO early next year, but of course the Matt Fielder is also listed as the CEO of Offbeat Ventures. Hopefully at some point he'll realize the business has outgrown his expertise, and it's time to bring in some experienced leadership.

Back