Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

eh i probably can't notice the difference from a Gz pressing and a QRP pressing... i am NOT an audiophile (everything i have is only 20hz-20khz) and unless the album is just so brickwalled its hard to hear anything a master is pretty easy to be good

maybe partially because im used to emo and punk albums that are very much not high fidelity and because colored vinyl is so pretty like i might as well be that urban outfitters vinyl stereotype (same age, genderqueer, but didn't buy a crosley cruiser)

I’m going to be honest I wasn’t an audiophile when I began this journey and I’m still not sure that they’d fully induct me now. What I can tell you is that there are differences but that they get more pronounced as your gear improves. I’ve only been able to afford to mess with improving gear in the last year, I’m 36 now. Also better quality pressings tend to hold their value better because they are always in demand.

I’m going to be honest I wasn’t an audiophile when I began this journey and I’m still not sure that they’d fully indict me now. What I can tell you is that there is differences but that they get more pronounced as your gear improves. I’ve only been able to afford to mess with improving gear in the last year, I’m 36 now. Also better quality pressings tend to hold their value better because they are always in demand.
now if only i had headphones that could hear those differences.. but then again that should be in the hardware thread.. i need high quality headphones'

(and a job)

I better get my Mobb Deep
I know! Same! I haven’t gotten a shipping notice for anything at all (understandably so because it’s the 1st of December and because I’m international). But I just hope I get my Mobb Deep or....that they repress it if they really messed up on inventory that bad! They should be getting around 100 copies for replacements (10% of 1,000). So, if anyone has a faulty copy, VMP better not send a new one out straight away, unless everyone who has ordered The Infamous has a copy lined up for them!

But they should seriously just not replace any copies for now. Until they ship the December VMP boxes, then with the leftovers, replace people’s faulty copies!

I highly recommend everyone goes and checks out the most current (Vol. 7) AOTM thread!

Just cuz. No reason in particular. :3

This kind of selfless act, completely devoid of self interest, is what makes this community so great.

In an act of equal selflessness I’m going to recommend that you all go and check and contribute to the thread for, and also listen to, the current December pick...

I suspect that VMP don’t care.
It’s so savage, but it’s the hard truth. Like I would be pissed off too and VMP couldn’t care less. but it’s not the worst thing for me. Like I’ll get a refund and I am happy with the Music On Vinyl (MOV) pressing I currently have. That colour variant is just spectacular and there is the chance this VMP pressing will sound better than the MOV pressing I have!

By the way, has anyone played their VMP copy of Mobb Deep’s The Infamous? How does it look and how does it sound? 👀🙇‍♂️

Mmmmmmm I feel you on that one.

I really care for both though, because I love both VMP and Needles&Grooves.

Like, VMP is perfect for me in terms of the vinyl hobby if you know what I mean. I don’t think they are a nasty company though. And they do have a lot of quality control problems and it’s likely that you will receive a warped record from them, but I still really enjoy them.

And I love Needles&Grooves because it’s such a fun group of people I’d love to all meet! I love everyone here, like everyone has their own personality and loves music and is real! Love the generosity of many of the people here too and I love the humour in this forum too!

It's hard for me to understand how you can say "VMP is perfect for me in terms of the vinyl hobby" and then "it’s likely that you will receive a warped record from them".

They are bad, period. Worst thing is that they seem to be bad at almost everything: communication, quality control, shipping, pricing, stock, etc... Only thing that saves them now is their Classics track, it's the only thing that I sometimes miss but that's it. Vinyl hobby is now way better since I don't receive warped records and have to enter in the replacement process that sometimes takes months.

It's hard for me to understand how you can say "VMP is perfect for me in terms of the vinyl hobby" and then "it’s likely that you will receive a warped record from them".

They are bad, period. Worst thing is that they seem to be bad at almost everything: communication, quality control, shipping, pricing, stock, etc... Only thing that saves them now is their Classics track, it's the only thing that I sometimes miss but that's it. Vinyl hobby is now way better since I don't receive warped records and have to enter in the replacement process that sometimes takes months.

They were a useful savings bank for you though. Give them money. They either don't send out the record or do damaged. Because your are BOTS & international no replacements so they give you your money back. Think how rich you’d be @Skalap if you were still buying your records from VMP, you could have a beautiful apartment on the Champs-Élysées...

Well, it’s only like 30% of the time I received a warp record from them. And I know that’s high, but I just accept it. Some warps aren’t too severe, so I can still play those records on the turntable.

Yeah, the Classics track is definitely the best thing they have going!

But mmmmm, I don’t know. I still really enjoy VMP. Like, their colour variants are always so good-looking and their pressings for the most part sound great!

Back