Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I just don’t get the hype on Brubeck. I tried it a couple times. It’s a nice little record, great piano work throughout, but it doesn’t jump at me as a must grab by any means. Definitely thought it would be one that I could swap for later 🤷🏽‍♂️.

I think Classics has the largest retention base among subscribers, so by default, more of that track's stock is spoken for instantly. I think it is a mix of the quality being the most consistent, and it having numerous sellouts. Plus jazz records as a whole just sell really well.

I think Classics has the largest retention base among subscribers, so by default, more of that track's stock is spoken for instantly. I think it is a mix of the quality being the most consistent, and it having numerous sellouts. Plus jazz records as a whole just sell really well.

Unless it’s Donald Byrd, apparently.

Unless it’s Donald Byrd, apparently.

Lol oh man Storf directly addressed that on Reddit. Said they massively over ordered and said it would be available in store "when we are ash" or something to that degree.

On the other hand I believe that wonderful Stepping Into Tomorrow is sold out

Decided to swap QotSA for Brubeck. I like SFTD, but it’s almost like a relic of my youth. I rarely go back to that era any more so I just don’t ever see myself spinning that record.

Brubeck was originally gonna be a “add to the swap queue” but the latest little round of FOMO suckered me into getting it right away.

Lastly I’m also swapping for Living Legends. Sounds like stock for that is starting to get low and it really is the sort of RHH album that’d be in my wheelhouse.
I grabbed Living Legends last month! The packaging is very nice: it’s a quality gatefold with a cool fold out poster. The pressing was flat and sounded good too. For me, the music is kind of average, but it was worth the investment.

Lol oh man Storf directly addressed that on Reddit. Said they massively over ordered and said it would be available in store "when we are ash" or something to that degree.

On the other hand I believe that wonderful Stepping Into Tomorrow is sold out

Yeah although it did take a while. One of my all time VMP favorites!

I grabbed Living Legends last month! The packaging is very nice: it’s a quality gatefold with a cool fold out poster. The pressing was flat and sounded good too. For me, the music is kind of average, but it was worth the investment.

Early-mid aughts is probably my favorite era of hip hop, so even if it isn’t mind blowing, it’ll still be a nice comfortable fit.

It bums me out that Blossom Dearie didn't get a second pressing. It's the only Classics that I regret swapping. I heard from CS today that records that have pre-orders aren't going to make it to swaps. I'm sure there's a chance that there are some exceptions but two that I was hoping to see in swaps sold out before they were mailed. (Dolly Parton & Etta Jones)

Decided again that I don't need another copy of Gorillaz, my black one is fine. SFTD and Willie Nelson for me this month.

That Willie album is a great background listen. Not one of Willie’s top tier but it would be for lots of other artists. He’s always a safe bet. My dad was a big fan so I grew up with Willie being on all the time. In fact my dad rarely had anyone other than Willie or John Prine on, both of whom are artists that I love today.

anyone know when John Coltrane's Blue World ship? wanna look that up on ebay soon

Swapped 2. Kept 1. I hate swapping classics but I’ve been a little down on it lately, which is a bummer because the AAA pressings. I’m more of a soul guy and we haven’t gotten a lot of that this year.

Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf
FKA twigs- Magdalene
The Flaming Lips- At War With the Mystics

Nice box (also Jeff Buckley- Grace)

Swapped 2. Kept 1. I hate swapping classics but I’ve been a little down on it lately, which is a bummer because the AAA pressings. I’m more of a soul guy and we haven’t gotten a lot of that this year.

Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf
FKA twigs- Magdalene
The Flaming Lips- At War With the Mystics

Nice box (also Jeff Buckley- Grace)
I’m Also more of a soul guy, but I really ended up liking that Blakey album then I picked up Yusef and really liked tha too so I’m going to grab this classic because who knows I’m getting older and maybe I’m becoming a jazz guy. Even though I rally can’t afford to be a jazz guy.

I’m Also more of a soul guy, but I really ended up liking that Blakey album then I picked up Yusef and really liked tha too so I’m going to grab this classic because who knows I’m getting older and maybe I’m becoming a jazz guy. Even though I rally can’t afford to be a jazz guy.
Mmmmmm same here! I’m definitely more of a soul guy but I’m starting to also become a jazz guy! I have a lot of jazz but I’m not truly a jazz person yet I feel. But I’m also really enjoying the prestige exclusives and absolutely loved the Art Blakey ROTM!

Right now, I am so obsessed with Fiona Apple’s “When The Pawn...” because I think that it’s the only album that gives me those Frank Ocean ‘Blonde’ didn’t know I had those feeling vibes!

I really hope VMP exclusively press It because I would love to have that album spinning on the turntable whilst I lay down in my bed, getting in my deep feelings, reflecting on my life.

I really, really, really, reallyyyyyyy want Fiona Apple’s “When The Pawn...”! I just want to be a happy, vulnerable crybaby! 😂😭🙈

Willie Nelson or Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic (don’t care for Mystics)

I’m a big Willie fan, and even with that still feel it’s a bit front loaded in quality, even if every word he sings sounds great with that Willie-voice.The Lips is great 90s fuzz. Torn.
I currently have Mystics in for a swap, but it’s more strategic than anything. Clouds is the better record, but it’s gonna hang around longer. Hopefully till next month swaps. But also maybe I should just snag Clouds now and forget Mystics all together

Damn... Mystics sold out. Was gonna trade out my Yusef swap for it since I know Mystics would get more mileage (even though Eastern Sounds is incredible).

Last edited:
Back