Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I shouldn't be surprised about Dave Brubeck: Jazz Impressions of Japan turning up but seriously, fucking VMP.

I had asked for a replacement of it due to the distorted piano on several tracks and was told that there were simply no more copies left.

I was given a full refund but would have prefered a copy that doesn't make my speakers sound like nails down a chalkboard.

If anyone gets one of these you'll probably hear what many were talking about on their first spin but congrats to you if you do get a clean copy.

This another case of "we found a few more copies" I guess or is it a potential repress?

Wasn't the change over to the new web platform partly for them to have more accurate visibility over their stock levels?

Last edited:
I shouldn't be surprised about Dave Brubeck: Jazz Impressions of Japan turning up but seriously, fucking VMP.

I had asked for a replacement of due to the distorted piano on several tracks and was told that there were simply no more copies left.

I was given a full refund but would have prefered a copy that doesn't make my speakers sound like nails down a chalkboard.

If anyone gets one of these you'll probably hear what many were talking about on their first spin but congrats to you if you do get a clean copy.

This another case of "we found a few more copies" I guess or is it a potential repress?

Wasn't the change over to the new web platform partly for them to have more accurate visibility over their stock levels?

This happened to me with Jamila Woods last year. I requested a replacement as there was some type of paint or something on the first record. Was told there are no more left only to see it pop up in their "best records of 2019 so far" thread with copies readily available for sale only a few months later. They initially gave me a credit when they "didn't have it" the first time but I talked to Paul and basically said "what fucking gives" and he was super apologetic and gave me an additional credit on top of it.

I'd contact them and be pissed.

No reply yet regarding getting the swap changed. I'd chalk it up to me messaging them a bit later in the day, but who even knows at this point if I'd be satisfied with whatever explanation I'm given.

It's unlimited because in the old days you could only swap a few times a year

Sure, but the word "unlimited" means "not limited or restricted at all," rather than "well I guess technically if you want to be a jerk about it, swaps are more limited than they've been for the past year or so, but in reality they are less limited than they used to be if you go back a few years ago and that's the part that we expect you to focus on even though we all know what we're saying isn't actually true."

But swaps are unlimited...

You can only swap once per track now, and then you're locked into your selection, even if they added something new to swaps after you locked yours in, and that's only if the website doesn't crash or forget that you're a member when you're trying to swap, or if VMP oversold what you swapped for and changed it to something else for you a day later when they realized they didn't actually have enough copies of it in stock. You can totally e-mail them as many times as you want requesting a swap and maybe they'll reply, but they might not get to it before the swaps window closes, and the more times you e-mail them, the longer it will take them to respond. Also, they might tell you they're out of copies of the record you want, only to offer copies of that same record to other folks in future months.

Looks like Fist City finally sold out. I respect Storf and VMP for re-issuing an album like that, even if the music ain't my personal thing. Hope no one who wanted a copy slept on it for like, the full year it was in the store.

Can’t wait to get Mndsgn!!! It’s gonna be perfect to play in Winter! ❄☃

Has yours shipped yet?

Not yet! Not sure when it will ship, but I’m in no rush to receive it!

I did receive my Woodstock Box today though! 😃🕺🎉

Ok cool, I wasn't sure because the record is listed in the pre-orders section, but the shipping estimate is "3-5 business days" so I have no idea. On the other hand Labi Siffre is still listed as a pre-order and I got that back in December. 😶

And also congrats on scoring the Woodstock box set. lol remember when this thread was doing nothing but speculating how Anthology boxes would be in swaps this month? Kind of relieved that didn't end up being the case, given what a clusterfuck that turned out to be.

Oh just want everyone to know after a drunken email to CS I got ALL my swaps changed to what I wanted, and the best part is there is no chance of them getting changed.

This month I am now getting:

Classics- Removed Track

Rap Hip/Hop- Removed Track

Essentials- Scheduled Cancellation

Well, there is a solid chance that Stevie, SnP and Errol will show up at your doorstep anyway. 🤪

I could be mad at VMP for sending all my packages to the wrong zip code, but honestly mistakes happen , I'm more annoyed at the post office for sending them back . The zip code they had was one off and they're literally a 10 minute walk to my house instead they just said not my problem and sent them back to Colorado. No wonder Trump wants to shut them down lol.

Back