Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

For those of you have completely left VMP and have for a while, may I ask why some of you feel the need to continue to comment on this thread? I get some of you are really mad at VMP and that is 100% fine, I get why you are and don't blame you at all for feeling that way. But I do wonder if it is healthy for you to follow this thread/comment here. Is it worth the time/mental energy to still monitor here and remind yourself of why you left? This is not directed at anyone in particular, I was thinking about this last night well after I was last on the forum. Just a thought, if you feel that it is good for you then by all means continue to view and comment.
I think many are in stage 2 of the grief process...anger. The VMP that brought us all together...is nevermore.

For those of you have completely left VMP and have for a while, may I ask why some of you feel the need to continue to comment on this thread? I get some of you are really mad at VMP and that is 100% fine, I get why you are and don't blame you at all for feeling that way. But I do wonder if it is healthy for you to follow this thread/comment here. Is it worth the time/mental energy to still monitor here and remind yourself of why you left? This is not directed at anyone in particular, I was thinking about this last night well after I was last on the forum. Just a thought, if you feel that it is good for you then by all means continue to view and comment.
I think many still follow just to see what they release, I mean they do sometimes release an exclusive that is a must grab

As for grieving, give me a break..it’s a stupid company that releases records;)

I dunno... I am one of the oddballs that is still pissed at them, but still buying shit from them at the same time. I'll cherry pick must-haves, hold them to the fire over QC issues as they arise (and they almost always still do), and rant about their ineptitude as it feels warranted.

I dunno... I am one of the oddballs that is still pissed at them, but still buying shit from them at the same time. I'll cherry pick must-haves, hold them to the fire over QC issues as they arise (and they almost always still do), and rant about their ineptitude as it feels warranted.

I am in this camp as well.

And you are not the type of person I was mentioning, there are people, and I meant to say in my first post, that seem to just be on the VMP threads to solely leave comments displaying their anger and nothing else. I wonder for those, if they need to follow the threads not to save us from their comments but for themselves.

Brittany Howard - Jaime Limited-Edition Deluxe Vinyl (180g W/Zoetrope Label)

ATLP298.jpg
I went ahead and ordered this one before VMP had announced their version yesterday. Sticking with my choice.

Swapped ROTM for Donald Byrd - Stepping Into Tomorrow. Already have the Eddie Gale and Charles Rouse BlueNote exclusives so figure why not. Anyone who has all three, how does the Byrd compare?

All four are exceptional quality - try and find a copy of the Johnny Griffin as well.

It's a great-sounding record, though musically I much prefer the Classics Byrd pick (Fancy Free).

Agreed.

Going back and forth on my swap. Just changed Sorcerer to Experience Unlimited. I'm sure I'll flip flop several more times before they close.

Back