Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So this is a new one.
I just received a VMP marketing email to my work email (I definitely never signed up for anything with this email) addressed to my correct last name but with a completely wrong/different first name :unsure:

I reveived a marketing email as well but to the email I used to subscribe to their service. I canceled my membership right after they close the forum and unsubscribed from all their communications. Maybe they will ship me boxes of free records?

I reveived a marketing email as well but to the email I used to subscribe to their service. I canceled my membership right after they close the forum and unsubscribed from all their communications. Maybe they will ship me boxes of free records?

@Skalap wakes to find a box of 50 tabakins have taken up residence in one of his Kallax cubes and they‘re moving nowhere, for nobody...

I checked right before someone else posted saying it worked for them and it never gave me the option so I guess some of their migration was done right?

Prompted me to join the club before I could buy it.
Were you logged in? I am trying to figure this out. I have been able to order 2 “members only” exclusives since my subscription expired. When I am not logged in it tries to get me to sign up but after I login I am able to purchase without issue.

So, considering there was apparently no pressing number... Are we a little surprised that Idler Wheel disappeared from the store that quickly? I mean, there couldn't have been more than a few thousand of these sold, only 700 people on Discogs have it... So maybe 4000 total sold, tops.

This is unrelated to anything, really, but it is H I L A R I O U S to me that they're flogging Tennis, an album they probably have literally thousands of copies of, as a "sale" for $29. You can pick this album up pretty much brand new on Discogs for $15.

View attachment 29618

I agree with you on the price, absolutely...
I don't know why this album wasn't more loved than it was. Definitely have pulled it out a few times when I wanted a Rilo Kiley and Fleetwood Mac kind of vibe.

So, considering there was apparently no pressing number... Are we a little surprised that Idler Wheel disappeared from the store that quickly? I mean, there couldn't have been more than a few thousand of these sold, only 700 people on Discogs have it... So maybe 4000 total sold, tops.
I'm guessing the Mariah Carey flop scared them :/

Was going to jump for the Little Beaver but received a variety of different error messages while attempting to check out.

The first was "No Match". The second stated that my saved card was declined. The third when I manually entered my card info was that "Street address and postal code do not match". I tried with Paypal and received similar errors as well as "This transaction cannot be processed".

Sent an email into CS, but I'm thinking this is a sign to hold off.

So this is a new one.
I just received a VMP marketing email to my work email (I definitely never signed up for anything with this email) addressed to my correct last name but with a completely wrong/different first name :unsure:
Yeah I also just got my first email from VMP since canceling in May of last year.

Was going to jump for the Little Beaver but received a variety of different error messages while attempting to check out.

The first was "No Match". The second stated that my saved card was declined. The third when I manually entered my card info was that "Street address and postal code do not match". I tried with Paypal and received similar errors as well as "This transaction cannot be processed".

Sent an email into CS, but I'm thinking this is a sign to hold off.
The same thing happened to me. Did you try applying a discount code? I did and thought that may have been the cause of the error.

I remember it being suggested it was pulled off the store so they didn't sell out before When the Pawn... so they could bundle them or summin'. Makes sense to me

Back