Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

True, I didn’t mean it like that! I’m happy you voted for the other 3 songs and not CRJ!

But I know baby Joe, Video Games really was the best track that was in the running in the top 16! I chose that song along with Lorde’s Royals and Beyoncé’s Formation and if I had to choose my favourite out of the three, it would’ve been Lana Del Rey’s Video Games!!!

Call Your Girlfriend was the best song in the entire tournament.

Have you seen Robyn perform it on SNL? That's one of the all time great tv live music performances.

Well after personal intervention by Paul, then Matts wife, then Matt, and then Paul again I can confirm 14 of my 21 outstanding records are currently on their way to Scotland. showing as fulfilled and with active tracking.
Remaining order of x7 is apparently sitting there as a new order (placed in November) and will hopefully be dispatched this week.
we shall see. Will confirm when it turns up probably end of next week by usual timings.

Well I'll be damned, they actually refunded my credit card! Only took 3 business days (plus like 7 weeks to figure out they oversold the record, details details) so I don't need to follow up anymore, I think I'm free and clear! I'm going to miss those generic responses!

Don't worry, you might still get them

For my money Faith No More performing Epic on SNL is only bested by Living Colour performing Cult Of Personality on the Arsenio Hall Show, which in my books is the greatest tv performance I've ever seen. Made all the better by the crowd of scared white folk who have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

I was trying to find this one performance from the David Letterman show where this guy is just moving his synth keyboard like it owes money, but can't find it. What I did find was this performance of Hatsune Miku, which makes me feel super weird. Letterman looks like hes trying to not laugh the whole time.

For my money Faith No More performing Epic on SNL is only bested by Living Colour performing Cult Of Personality on the Arsenio Hall Show, which in my books is the greatest tv performance I've ever seen. Made all the better by the crowd of scared white folk who have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

Then maybe you should see FEAR's performance that got them banned from SNL

CS must slowly be getting under control. Sent in a vid of my warped essentials (vid in that thread) and already have a new copy "ordered" for replacement.
I had a new copy ordered in a couple of hours in November for Brubeck, but it still took them 6 weeks to ship it. Hope yours ships sooner!

Oh by the way, here's a Jeff Buckley "Grace", public service announcement. So I bought the VMP pressing because CS told me it was the Kevin Gray remaster, turns out it wasn't. I listened through it and wasn't super pleased with the sound, so I went and bought a copy of the Sony Legacy 2010 Kevin Gray pressing and A/B'd the two of them. The KG Legacy copy blew the VMP out of the water, the dynamics and soundstage are finally where they should be, it sounds fantastic. It's a $22 widely available copy, it still has a couple of pops here and there but it's kinda what you expect from a $22 pressing of anything... Anyhow, if you're happy with your VMP copy then just ignore this, but if you aren't, or you didn't get one... Just go get this copy.

Jeff Buckley - Grace - Amazon.com Music

But, and here's the strange thing. One of the copies I got from Amazon actually had the wrong mastered disc, inside the proper 2010 jacket. Which means they may be interchanging them which is very annoying. This is the label you want:
20200116_161804.jpg

This is the one you do not want:
20200116_161818.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to find this one performance from the David Letterman show where this guy is just moving his synth keyboard like it owes money, but can't find it. What I did find was this performance of Hatsune Miku, which makes me feel super weird. Letterman looks like hes trying to not laugh the whole time.

Hatsune Miku is performing at Coachella this year

Oh by the way, here's a Jeff Buckley "Grace", public service announcement. So I bought the VMP pressing because CS told me it was the Kevin Gray remaster, turns out it wasn't. I listened through it and wasn't super pleased with the sound, so I went and bought a copy of the Sony Legacy 2010 Kevin Gray copy and A/B'd the two of them. The KG Legacy copy blew the VMP out of the water, the dynamics and soundstage are finally where they should be, it sounds fantastic. It's a $22 widely available copy, it still has a couple of pops here and there but it's kinda what you expect from a $22 pressing of anything... Anyhow, if you're happy with your VMP copy then just ignore this, but if you aren't, or you didn't get one... Just go get this copy.

Jeff Buckley - Grace - Amazon.com Music

But, and here's the strange thing. One of the copies I got from Amazon actually had the wrong mastered disc, inside the proper 2010 jacket. Which means they may be interchanging them which is very annoying. This is the label you want:
View attachment 29486

This is the one you do not want:
View attachment 29488
Amazon is notorious for this. I remember attempting to purchase the XL reissue of The Bends and reading comments from people saying they received XL jackets with a Parlophone discs and vice versa. I figured with Amazon you can keep trying until you get the right combo since returns are super easy.

Amazon is notorious for this. I remember attempting to purchase the XL reissue of The Bends and reading comments from people saying they received XL jackets with a Parlophone discs and vice versa. I figured with Amazon you can keep trying until you get the right combo since returns are super easy.

with those Radiohead ones that was an issue across the board and it wasn’t swapped out discs, I think when XL got the artwork masters they forgot to change the label details from Parlophone to XL on the labels. I got a copy of Amnesiac from my local and just the same, XL on the jacket and Parlophone on the label 🙄

Back