Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

There are numerous variants and the signed one seemed to vanish immediately this morning, and there's another with an additional flexi.
Signed one was gone within 10 minutes I think. This is the most limited variant outside of that it seems. White vinyl is 2000 copies. The flexidisc one seems to be more than 500 as well. Maybe I’m overestimating how popular King Krule is but he’s playing a HUGE venue in NYC in the spring so I don’t think I’m super off base.

Signed one was gone within 10 minutes I think. This is the most limited variant outside of that it seems. White vinyl is 2000 copies. The flexidisc one seems to be more than 500 as well. Maybe I’m overestimating how popular King Krule is but he’s playing a HUGE venue in NYC in the spring so I don’t think I’m super off base.

He's popular, but I think that depends on what you care about. The flexi is more music. If you care about rarity... Having multiple variants available has to lessen the demand, even if that's only slightly and temporarily. Wasn't there a red one through fat beats?

He's popular, but I think that depends on what you care about. The flexi is more music. If you care about rarity... Having multiple variants available has to lessen the demand, even if that's only slightly and temporarily. Wasn't there a red one through fat beats?
There is the white Flexi, white signed, regular white, indie red at Fat Beats/Landlocked and other retailers and plain black. White was limited to 2000 I believe, signed was a small portion of that. Not sure how many flexi copies were made and yea I think the flexi is a nice extra since it has one extra track on flexi from his Hey World! Video. No idea what the red was limited to but safe to say more than 500.
Maybe VMP hasn’t sold out because VMP hasn’t even let people know it exists yet? Just surprised is all since I regularly see people buy multiple variants of albums and this is the most limited it seems...

There is the white Flexi, white signed, regular white, indie red at Fat Beats/Landlocked and other retailers and plain black. White was limited to 2000 I believe, signed was a small portion of that. Not sure how many flexi copies were made and yea I think the flexi is a nice extra since it has one extra track on flexi from his Hey World! Video. No idea what the red was limited to but safe to say more than 500.
Maybe VMP hasn’t sold out because VMP hasn’t even let people know it exists yet? Just surprised is all since I regularly see people buy multiple variants of albums and this is the most limited it seems...

Yeah. It will sell out, but I think it was bought more time with all of the other options, along with VMP's terrible/lack of promotion and the fear associated with the recent issues

Never thought of that (and I’m SURE VMP didn’t either) but it would make total sense.
I think you’re right! I’m not an active member right now, but I can buy (and I did buy) the King Krule exclusive! I also purchased the U.S. Girls and the Horace Tapscott Quintent exclusives as soon as the dropped a few days ago! My membership was supposed to renewed at the start of this month! I was however an active member when the migration happened! 💡
Lemme know if I can help. I'm based in Switzerland too.

A couple of of things to note here. I don't think he was trying to buy it with cash, so while I may be right about people not being able to cart a members only release depending on when they canceled their membership, it could also be another issue with cashing in credits.

Here are some things that I discovered while trying to help, though. The first is that, with the new shopify checkout, you can now switch up the shipping address on individual orders and it shouldn't fuck up your whole account... theoretically. Of course, with all of the VMP shipping errors, this might be risky. Another thing I discovered after typing in their shipping address in Switzerland is that it wasn't going to charge me for international shipping. It even clearly stated it was giving me free international shipping. Obviously crazy, but a good find.

The last thing to note for anyone offering to help is that this person isn't really offering to provide anything in exchange for doing this and paying for their record out of your own pocket -- you're doing someone a favor is every sense of the word, including taking on all risks without benefit. I told him that, if he just wanted to paypal me the 28 bucks, I'd order it for him, since the post stated he was just trying to, understandably, avoid buying a 3 month membership to purchase it. It turns out that he doesn't want to spend any money at all and was just hoping to use his year old credit. The credit is not in addition to reimbursement for what you laid out, it IS the reinbursement. So, rather than simply buying yourself a record, like you could do -- and probably would have done, if you really wanted/planned to -- you would be purchasing a stranger a record and, only after the fact, they would offer to purchase and send you a record using their credit, which would partially need to be used on shipping, since they don't have a membership anymore. Plus, if you're like me and the record you would have chosen would have been King Krule anyway, and the only reason you haven't purchased it is because you're trying not to spend money on anything else right now, they couldn't even order that for you for the very reason this whole thing started in the first place. And, again, you could just buy the album for yourself without the hassle.

A couple of of things to note here. I don't think he was trying to buy it with cash, so while I may be right about people not being able to cart a members only release depending on when they canceled their membership, it could also be another issue with cashing in credits.

Here are some things that I discovered while trying to help, though. The first is that, with the new shopify checkout, you can now switch up the shipping address on individual orders and it shouldn't fuck up your whole account... theoretically. Of course, with all of the VMP shipping errors, this might be risky. Another thing I discovered after typing in their shipping address in Switzerland is that it wasn't going to charge me for international shipping. It even clearly stated it was giving me free international shipping. Obviously crazy, but a good find.

The last thing to note for anyone offering to help is that this person isn't really offering to provide anything in exchange for doing this and paying for their record out of your own pocket -- you're doing someone a favor is every sense of the word, including taking on all risks without benefit. I told him that, if he just wanted to paypal me the 28 bucks, I'd order it for him, since the post stated he was just trying to, understandably, avoid buying a 3 month membership to purchase it. It turns out that he doesn't want to spend any money at all and was just hoping to use his year old credit. The credit is not in addition to reimbursement for what you laid out, it IS the reinbursement. So, rather than simply buying yourself a record, like you could do -- and probably would have done, if you really wanted/planned to -- you would be purchasing a stranger a record and, only after the fact, they would offer to purchase and send you a record using their credit, which would partially need to be used on shipping, since they don't have a membership anymore. Plus, if you're like me and the record you would have chosen would have been King Krule anyway, and the only reason you haven't purchased it is because you're trying not to spend money on anything else right now, they couldn't even order that for you for the very reason this whole thing started in the first place. And, again, you could just buy the album for yourself without the hassle.

Sorry but i think you're being somewhat unfair to my offer. I'm willing to order anything you want from the VMP store directly to your address with $50 value with the credit that i have in exchange for the person ordering me a $28 King Krule LP. Does it matter for you whether i actually spend money or vmp credit if at the end you recieve $50 in records?

I think extra $22 you get for doing this is absolutely a good reimbursement and a win-win for both of parties. I get to recieve the record that i want, but can't buy without the membership and spend my VMP credit that i can't refund and haven't used on anything else and you get $50 worth of records for $28.

Last edited:

When i try to buy the record instead of "Add to Cart" button i see "Join the Club" button, so i can't even add it to my cart. I doubt it's the issue with store credit.

I know it's an old exclusive, but can anybody comment on the Cecil Taylor - Silent Tongues VMP press? ORG music pressed at pallas for $16.80 seems like a sweet buy, but maybe there were issues?

I know it's an old exclusive, but can anybody comment on the Cecil Taylor - Silent Tongues VMP press? ORG music pressed at pallas for $16.80 seems like a sweet buy, but maybe there were issues?

There are no issues with my copy and i don´t remember many complaints from the forum. i think they just overestimated demand for this with a Pressing of 750

Test pressings from the Mobb Deep fiasco have started arriving. Someone on Reddit received their copy of A Night At The Opera. Awaiting mine of DLSID

uta40crz9za41.jpg

Back