Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

you should probably delete that bit in your post where you have it in quotation marks as if I actually wrote that. That’s slightly disingenuous.
Sorry — to be clear that is not a direct quote, I meant that as a summary of the narrative someone might carry from this discussion. Will edit out the quotation marks.

I hear you. It’s 2020, it’s the internet, we’re all savvy enough to see the breadcrumbs and/or to take measures to hide the things that we want to keep private. Truly, you didn’t do anything I wouldn’t have done to satisfy my own curiosity (except the DM part). But it can easily feed the other side’s narrative too, right? They’ve already mentioned a certain degree of toxicity in the complaints. Storf, no matter what anyone says about the conversation that actually occurred, obviously FELT like some reddit comments went over the line. So if you happen to have that mindset, and then you log onto this forum and find that we’re in the middle of a conversation about what the CEO’s wife posted on her personal page, well...professional connections or not, I just think it looks a little gross for us, that’s all.
For what it’s worth she just replied to me. I promised what she said would remain private and I will honour that. Saying no more on the subject. Over and out.

I'll just leave this here:

I wonder what they could’ve done different with “more time”?

Unlimited swaps will (eventually) come back, btw:

I don’t understand the ongoing encouragement to contact them through multiple channels. That’s just more overhead to keep monitoring various things. There’s a dedicated CS path; they shouldn’t even acknowledge the possibility that reaching out to it wouldn’t get a response. That should be unacceptable, period.

Any more around the rumour that Storf was laid off and why? Temporarily or Permanently? I had my gripes with the dude at times but wasnt happy to hear that

he has stepped aside to just to be named the next headcoach of the Cleveland Browns @blissfullychaotic
i have been tracking Jimmy Haslams private jet and it landed in Madison last night.

I hear you. It’s 2020, it’s the internet, we’re all savvy enough to see the breadcrumbs and/or to take measures to hide the things that we want to keep private. Truly, you didn’t do anything I wouldn’t have done to satisfy my own curiosity (except the DM part). But it can easily feed the other side’s narrative too, right? They’ve already mentioned a certain degree of toxicity in the complaints. Storf, no matter what anyone says about the conversation that actually occurred, obviously FELT like some reddit comments went over the line. So if you happen to have that mindset, and then you log onto this forum and find that we’re in the middle of a conversation about what the CEO’s wife posted on her personal page, well...professional connections or not, I just think it looks a little gross for us, that’s all.
.....and this is why my comment was "She shouldn't have posted this". I don't believe she's naive enough to not think she wouldn't get a reaction, and as much as i'm not a VMP fan, it should never be a personal thing, it should be aimed at VMP. That beings said, posting something like this just shows how unrealistic "the company" is about perception and how they feel the best way to manipulate, yes, manipulate, the member base is.

There is no scenario where a spouse or family member posts something like this about a company they are attached to and not have it be adding fuel to the fire. It would be wonderful if just typing the words "can't we all just get along" was strong enough to curb all this, but again, we all know this is the internet and how it's built...........including her and her husband.

I don't wish anyone at VMP any personal ill will, but as a company they keep trying to blur the lines of vendor/customer and cool club/friend to suite the narrative at hand.

If it were a company I owned, I would pause all operations until a massive issue was fixed and I’d value making things right and protecting my own mental health and those of my loved ones over continuing to take in (and preserve) as much cash as possible. And that is why I’ll never be rich or a good capitalist. 😔

If it were a company I owned, I would pause all operations until a massive issue was fixed and I’d value making things right and protecting my own mental health and those of my loved ones over continuing to take in (and preserve) as much cash as possible. And that is why I’ll never be rich or a good capitalist. 😔
You.......care?!? About people and your mind!?

Send this one to the brig while we shovel more money into the furnace.

none of which his wife had anything to do with, and

you are publicly minimizing her experience and the issues she is facing with your comments towards her, the same thing you are stating nathan is doing to others with his comments.

'just be kind' isn't all that unreasonable of a request. reading just this page it certainly feels like our community could share a little more kindness and respect with each other.

I know I am late to the game at this point, but is this a parody? I feel like I missed something.

As a consultant, I just want to say that I am very fond of you Mr. @Joe Mac ;)

hahaha! I’m sure you are great and that there are some great consultants who do great work in certain areas. Working in a legal environment I find that the ones that we get in, particularly in terms of process rationalisation, really struggle to adapt to the fact that we can’t be serviced with a standard approach and that it takes a bit more nuance because there are certain considerations that just cannot be streamlined or removed.

Last edited:
Also, I have walked into MUCH larger companies (think 10MM a month over VMP’s 10MM per year) that were in much more dire situations than VMP, and helped them turn things around in 6-12 months. Sometimes having an outside perspective with a higher degree of business acumen is a good thing. Especially if your company doesn’t currently have the knowledge or bench-strength to handle your issues.

But again, as with every field, there are good consultants and bad consultants.

The focus, from my perspective, for VMP should be on 3 distinct areas: People, Processes, and Systems. These 3 funnel into the overall business stability and delivery of their company and brand.

Also, I have walked into MUCH larger companies (think 10MM a month over VMP’s 10MM per year) that were in much more dire situations than VMP, and helped them turn things around in 6-12 months. Sometimes having an outside perspective with a higher degree of business acumen is a good thing. Especially if your company doesn’t currently have the knowledge or bench-strength to handle your issues.

But again, as with every field, there are good consultants and bad consultants.

The focus, from my perspective, for VMP should be on 3 distinct areas: People, Processes, and Systems. These 3 funnel into the overall business stability and delivery of their company and brand.
This is what I have been saying for weeks.
Of course I don’t know what they have implemented or even researched , but if it were me and I’m the ceo , I’m putting on my customer service hat. That and at minimum use capable loyal friends to take on some after hours work to help expedite things. Again this is at minimum. This is a giant mess.

Back