Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Taxes aren't necessarily a bad thing though; they pay for stuff.

Here in Oregon we have among the highest state income taxes in the nation, but no sales tax. I'd rather have a sales tax. An income tax just punishes you for saving rather than spending.

If those states spend all those tax dollars wisely, it isn't a bad thing.

Nice trick if you can pull it off, but the jobs aren't up there, they're in Portland, and no matter where you live, if you work in Portland you'll pay Oregon income tax. If you want to see a mullet in the wild, though... Vantucky is the place.
Agreed..................and IL does not, I can't wait to leave this freekin' state.

I almost feel obligated to drop a #taxationistheft in here. 😂

I’ve been away for a few days and got back to find my VMP package at home......without a customs fee!!

So that’s Lucille and Run DMC sorted (whatever month those were), but still waiting on the others.

On another note, what’s with them announcing records which are sold out prior to the announcement? I saw the ROTM pop up on the members page BEFORE they announced on their social media and emails etc (so the website must have just updated) but no swap option for one of the other ROTMs because they were already sold out. My plan was to swap the essential for the R&HH but I couldn’t. I’ve sent an email to say I want the swap but seeing as they haven’t responded to the email I sent over a week ago it’s not looking good....

Both Herbie Hancock and NERD are listed as being sold out. Now imagine if there had been any FOMO behind either of those records.
I honestly don’t believe for a second that these sold out for real. I have a theory that when these records are swapped out, the stocks aren’t being reflected accurately. I mean, it doesn’t make sense that run DMC sold out, yet people who never ordered it are receiving two copies out of the blue.

Same with N.E.R.D, no one is really talking about keeping this one, the general consensus I’ve heard is “swap,” and it’s the same thing with Mr hands. I’m imagining we’re gonna see some people receiving random copies of these albums again next month.

That’s a real piss-off! What’d you have for the order?
Just realized my post was clear and I was posting in the middle of doing other things. This is the cancellation/refund I requested for my November record since it's been so long and frankly I didn't care that much about it, I only ordered so I could buy Mobb Deep. It was Demon Days for reference.

But having the $29 back, while having infamous already is quite exciting for me. Especially since I just spent a little too much for the Mick Jenkins VMP record from Reddit so this will help offset some of that cost

Just realized my post was clear and I was posting in the middle of doing other things. This is the cancellation/refund I requested for my November record since it's been so long and frankly I didn't care that much about it, I only ordered so I could buy Mobb Deep. It was Demon Days for reference.

But having the $29 back, while having infamous already is quite exciting for me. Especially since I just spent a little too much for the Mick Jenkins VMP record from Reddit so this will help offset some of that cost
Ah ok. I thought it meant you just got your order cancelled out of the blue lol. Good that you got your refund

The secret out here in the Pacific Northwest is to move to Vancouver, WA. You live and work there, pay no State Income Tax in WA State then do all your shopping in Portland, OR where they don’t charge Sale Tax.
Nice trick if you can pull it off, but the jobs aren't up there, they're in Portland, and no matter where you live, if you work in Portland you'll pay Oregon income tax. If you want to see a mullet in the wild, though... Vantucky is the place.

Hey this is me. Also Vancouver isn't too bad so far but I'm also on the water in a brand new building...(ignores bank account)

I had already cancelled my two side subs and was planning to just go down to classics. Then, Mr Hands was announced, and I didn’t want it, but I thought I’d keep the track and see what swaptions were available. Then, I didn’t see any swaps I wanted and realized that the only vmp record left that I’m really interested in was the TVZ Our Mother the Mountain exclusive, so I emailed info@ to ask if they could just swap for that. And a few hours later they did!

But then I realized that it sells for $27 in their store, and I’d be paying $29 for it as a swap in my month-to-month subscription.

So I’m cancelled now (second time this year) and really don’t see myself ever resubbing.

Back