Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I saw that @MattHasIdeas didnt even receive anything for returning his extra copies.
So maybe nothing even happened as I’ve only seen a few talk about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually -- Adam got back to me earlier today. I got the following:

• Discount code for $35 my next store order
  • Test Pressing - Saba - Care For Me (estimated to be shipped the week of 1/6)
  • A copy of the "Best Record Stores in America" coffee table book (This is what I won in the raffle drawing)

I got my records (just Aretha and BB) sometime this week (I was in Florida) at the same time in fine shape.

The albums this month are a true disaster and I can't believe the store also isn't working. Hopefully I'll be able to swap that Herbie for one of the older Classics I don't have.

Saba Care For Me test pressing. Nice. Still my number one pissed I missed record. I had about 10 chances to snag it and never made the swap. No clue why. Mind boggling.

I swapped Saba for Noname when it briefly came back in stock. Psyched that I finally am gonna get a copy of it.

That's a fucking tragedy.

Meh. It seems like a decent book. I wouldn't pay for it, but I'll gladly take it for free. I travel quite a bit and I love checking out new record stores...

The book looks pretty good though? I like the look of it on the preview! Do you think that book is very meh?

I do. The majority of those articles are trash. They basically took the trendiest record store in the biggest city in each state, got a hipster blogger to write a overblown bio on it with a helping of non-related history of the city for context. I'm convinced virtually zero research was done about other record stores, the history of the record/CD collecting scene in the state, or really any criteria to decide LE BEST RECORD STORE IN _____ IS other than "this is the place I can get Fleet Foxes AND Tyler the Creator".

It's as empty an affair as virtually everything else VMP touches.

Edit: fuck that book

Times like this call for

This is so, so cute! It’s like a Pokémon going back into it’s ball!!! 😚🤗🐣🙉

I would love to have this animal as my pet and surprise people, and have them think it’s just a ball! And I’d love playing with it so much! It’s freakin cute!!! 😍😍😍

Back