Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

My Black Friday order of Shura, Fiona and my Torres pre-order juuuust went to pre-shipment as of 7pm CST tonight according to USPS. Still nothing on Aretha and B.B. King, but thinking they might show up in the same order?

Wouldn't be mad if I ended up with Torres early, but still would've preferred a pre-Christmas delivery. 🤷‍♂️

Nope. That store gives me anxiety.

No no no.

Its insane. When I went in the summer the owner, Rob, had 'rediscovered' the doorway to the backroom (which is also full of records). It had piles of records in front of it up to the ceiling for that long he hadn't seen the door for years.

I lasted 3 minutes in there! Eugh! It’s filthy and messy. If I had the patience there is undoubtedly buried treasure in there but just no!

The buried treasure is what would make me want to dig and dig and dig. So much anxiety. SO MUCH.

It was also oh so busy which brings on my claustrophobia. Too many people freaks me out! I’ve an hour before my train so I might pop back and check and hopefully it’s not busy! I would like some 70s Stones stuff lol!

It was also oh so busy which brings on my claustrophobia. Too many people freaks me out! I’ve an hour before my train so I might pop back and check and hopefully it’s not busy! I would like some 70s Stones stuff lol!
Theres a great little record place down a side alley called 'Forever Records'. Mostly new stuff but theres a decent small selection of second hand stuff as well. The owner was really nice the last time I went, and I always make a point of going there when im visiting Nottingham. Last time I managed to pick up a load of rsd stuff for a great price, which flippers scooped up in London when I tried getting them on the day.

Theres a great little record place down a side alley called 'Forever Records'. Mostly new stuff but theres a decent small selection of second hand stuff as well. The owner was really nice the last time I went, and I always make a point of going there when im visiting Nottingham. Last time I managed to pick up a load of rsd stuff for a great price, which flippers scooped up in London when I tried getting them on the day.

They’ve gone! Shut down on Christmas Eve! There were a couple in an arcade around the corner from Rob’s but the prices were flippertastic! £50 for an album I could get on Discogs for £15...

The buried treasure is what would make me want to dig and dig and dig. So much anxiety. SO MUCH.
There’s a shop by me that’s somebody converted their basement into a record shop. The owner died and the son keeps it open just for extra money , there is no rhyme or reason to how the records are organized, there are stacks everywhere and a sign that just says dig in. All records are 4 bucks. I used to go once a week and grab 5 when I started collecting, Bagged, cleaned and resleeved everything I got there. Found a ton of stuff there but it’s a nightmare to go through,

There’s a shop by me that’s somebody converted their basement into a record shop. The owner died and the son keeps it open just for extra money , there is no rhyme or reason to how the records are organized, there are stacks everywhere and a sign that just says dig in. All records are 4 bucks. I used to go once a week and grab 5 when I started collecting, Bagged, cleaned and resleeved everything I got there. Found a ton of stuff there but it’s a nightmare to go through,
ALL records are $4? No matter what you find? Be it a piece of poo or a sterling piece of amazingness?

What's it called? Let me check out this madness (and give myself some morning anxiety).

ALL records are $4? No matter what you find? Be it a piece of poo or a sterling piece of amazingness?

What's it called? Let me check out this madness (and give myself some morning anxiety).
Yup 4 bucks and he’ll even throw in a free one if you give him a 20. And it’s cash only. My wife makes me take a shower every time I come back from there , she says she can smell the mustiness as soon as I walk in.

Yup 4 bucks and he’ll even throw in a free one if you give him a 20. And it’s cash only. My wife makes me take a shower every time I come back from there , she says she can smell the mustiness as soon as I walk in.
There was a place I went into in Baltimore. I do not remember the name at all. Just a side street in Fells Point. There was a store cat, which I love. But unfortunately said store cat was apparently not given a proper bathroom, so the place reeked of cat pee. And so did some of the albums. I wanted to dig through the albums but no. And yeah, I showered that experience off of me as soon as I got home.

There was a place I went into in Baltimore. I do not remember the name at all. Just a side street in Fells Point. There was a store cat, which I love. But unfortunately said store cat was apparently not given a proper bathroom, so the place reeked of cat pee. And so did some of the albums. I wanted to dig through the albums but no. And yeah, I showered that experience off of me as soon as I got home.
Yeah there’s been times where I would inspect a record and it would be wet , why is this wet? I’m just skipping this whole stack. Also it’s only open 2 days a week like Friday and Sat morning. That being said I got 20 bucks I may go see if I can find some gems today

Back