Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I can be Senior VP of Curation. I'll make sure to pick the mediocre albums from your favorite artists, as well as random shit nobody asked for.

You want Nas? Here's 'Nastradamus'!

You want Neil Young? Here's 'Everybody's Rockin'!

Guns N' Roses? Here's 'Chinese Democracy'!

Oh btw here's an entire lineup of Ivo Robic compilations because, you know, we have eclectic tastes.
I'll continue.

You want Metallica? Here's St Anger with a 2XLP remaster on red and orange marble vinyl! This remaster makes the drums much more present in the mix, because everyone LOVES the sound of tin cans being hit.

You want David Bowie? Here's Never Let Me Down on a Blue vinyl, because this color doesn't at all correlate to the album cover.

You want George Michael - Older? Whoops, we reissued Listen Without Prejudice for the umpteenth time on 2XLP on a black and white split.

This is fun, tbh

Yep, all three ROTM along with Fiona and Still Woozy. 😔
yup. Here (raises hand), and I am ONE state over from the warehouse, in East TN. I have outstanding - Aretha, BB King, Fiona, and two others that blipped up in Sept. when they found those boxes lying around (Al Green - Let's stay together and Pinata - I don't think those will ever really arrive). All orders listed as unfullfilled and no shipping notice.

ETA: the one thing that pisses me off the most (besides the advertising emails that VMP is still sending) is the fact that VMP has stole some fun from this hobby. For that reason alone, I am cancelling after Jan.

Last edited:
You want George Michael - Older?

yes!

Whoops, we reissued Listen Without Prejudice for the umpteenth time on 2XLP on a black and white split.

jfv2JiB.gif

I'll continue.

You want Metallica? Here's St Anger with a 2XLP remaster on red and orange marble vinyl! This remaster makes the drums much more present in the mix, because everyone LOVES the sound of tin cans being hit.

You want David Bowie? Here's Never Let Me Down on a Blue vinyl, because this color doesn't at all correlate to the album cover.

You want George Michael - Older? Whoops, we reissued Listen Without Prejudice for the umpteenth time on 2XLP on a black and white split.

This is fun, tbh

Forum goes mad with anticipating at Never Let Me Down. Maybe they’ll reinstate Too Dizzy. Wow! A modern remaster with Too Dizzy. That will be the definitive issue of Never Let Me Down. Can you confirm if it contains Too Dizzy?

I guess not.

So my Black Pumas arrived today...and unexpectedly and without notice in the same box was Spoon which happened to be one of the albums that was missing from my order page.

My guess is that although the system isn't displaying orders correctly that somewhere in the background they do have a complete list of what should go to who since this was delivered correctly. Still no excuse since I've contacted them about this missing order right after the migration and never so much as got an update or response from them. So I guess with Spoon, Black Pumas and Idler Wheel now delivered I'm only missing 12 more records and then I can finally cancel and be free of this shit show.

Oh btw they did take the time to send me another useless good vibes email today:

"
Hi xxxxxx,

As you've probably guessed by now, we've been completely slammed with requests like yours and we're answering each one in the order we got them. The issue you emailed us about, and your growing frustration, both matter more than anything else to us right now and we aren't going to rest until they've both been solved.

Just like you, we hope the next email you get from us is one saying everything is fixed and your records are on a truck that's speeding towards your home. In the meantime, please hang in there and send us good vibes. We're sending the same back to you 😊

<3 VMP"

Hope the rest of you fellow 15% will soon start seeing progress as well.

P.s - BTW the Spoon record has no VMP exclusive pressing marking anywhere, no VMP hype stickers either...as a matter of fact the only hype sticker is the exact same one as this Merge release.

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

basically until I opened it and confirmed the colour there was no way of telling it was indeed a different variant.

what was the deal supposed to be with spoon? Stamped? Numbered?

Well, informed delivery tells me that I have a package arriving today from the place that my VMP shipments usually come from. I can't see the weight, no tracking email from VMP, and all my orders still say unfulfilled. I guess I'll see what shows up in a couple hours. Exciting!

Same here. One will be delivered today and another Thursday or Friday. Only one of my 6 shows a tracking number so we shall wait and see. Hopefully today’s are my 3 ROTMs from December and the other maybe hopefully possible my Mobb and TLC bundle. Fingers crossed

I feel like those words should come with a trigger warning, or at the very least a sticky pudding filter on the forum. I'm still traumatised about 16 years after it came out; picked up a shift in the record shop I worked in on the day it came out and was forced to listen to it on a loop all day. Inhumane.

#mylifestyledeterminesmydeathstyle

Oh do show us that confirmation.

Also - anyone know what happened to that raffle??? Anyone win? WHO GOT THE ANORAK AND BEANIE????

The guy who got 16 records claims to have won the turntable and a book and was given the Saba test pressing. We can credit the odds of having 16 entries for that, but I suspect they just gave him that stuff because he returned the most

Back