Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Most rebounds were generally due to being bought out by another group.

Mobile Fidelity's bankruptcy, acquisition by Music Direct, and subsequent revival is one example.

MoFi went down because a huge distributor went bankrupt. They had most of their eggs in one basket.

MoFi still had a good reputation when they shut their doors. The brand name still had value, which is what Music Direct bought.

giphy.gif

We're discussing 2 entirely different things. Did you bring them 160 referral orders? I helped them sell a ton of shit.
Nope all I got was 4 free albums. 3 are duplicates which reminds me I should put them up to trade. All came with pretty bad corner dings. Sorry you got screwed over on the referrals.

OK I don't go in for conspiracy theories, but them deleting all facebook content and IG comments is alarming.
Regardless of what the reality of the situation is there in the offices, and when combined with everything else that’s been going on the last few months, it speaks to a full blown panic in the Denver HQ.

I have the original LP release of Supernatural. I believe it was digitally recorded. Also it has zero dynamic range. None. It's just loud on top of loud.

A better pressing won't fix this underlying problem. If they could actually remix it using an engineer that wasn't stone deaf, I might be interested. As much as I generally love MoFi albums, save your money on this one. You can't polish a turd.

Some of Supernatural was recorded analog. The mastering on the 1999 original is just trash; way too hot. The 2009 Classic Records release is the best out there, as Bernie Grundman oversaw that effort. From Acoustic Sounds:

Santana's Supernatural is a collection of songs and collaborations between Carlos and a number of other great musicians including Rob Thomas and Eric Clapton. The album was done over a period of a year at many different studios with different engineers and producers. Classic Records LP issue of this multi-platinum album is a two record set presented in a luxurious gatefold jacket with a special insert prepared by Santana's own graphics team. This mastering and cutting was done by Bernie Grundman from the original masters with the remaining source tapes being original DAT masters decoded using the dB Technologies MK II D to A converter for cutting. The sound is great as is the playing. If you like Carlos and the Santana sound, then this LP is a must!

It's unclear if this will get an OMR or a MFSL banner on the jacket.

MoFi went down because a huge distributor went bankrupt. They had most of their eggs in one basket.

MoFi still had a good reputation when they shut their doors. The brand name still had value, which is what Music Direct bought.

Right, for sure. I was mainly just listing an example of a label rebounding, not necessarily one in VMP's position. I don't know if there's a good comparison for them

OK I don't go in for conspiracy theories, but them deleting all facebook content and IG comments is alarming.
That and their auto response email saying they will take up to 2 weeks to catch up on requests indicated that have a lot going on (finally an official word). Then given the fact that support has been behind more than two weeks and the holidays are coming up.
I’d hate to be their accountant to see what extra charges (shipping / refunds / overtime) that has to happen before 2020.

Yes but, they were all various versions of stock form emails, although strangely enough they weren't the same as some of the other form emails I've seen on here, so that's odd but par for the course with these guys...
Maybe they are testscreening customer e-mails. Did you get a questionaire asking you about your feelings after each e-mail?

I have the original LP release of Supernatural. I believe it was digitally recorded. Also it has zero dynamic range. None. It's just loud on top of loud.

A better pressing won't fix this underlying problem. If they could actually remix it using an engineer that wasn't stone deaf, I might be interested. As much as I generally love MoFi albums, save your money on this one. You can't polish a turd.
Excellent advice!
FB and IG have functions for business pages to turn off comments. That would probably be a good idea, because I'm sure their agency is starting to complain about the amount of time community management is requiring.

Deleting comments is risky, any seasoned social media person can tell you that. Deleting an angry comment has a higher probability of someone going on a comment rampage, screenshots, and the community band wagoning against the brand.

Just wondering has anyone ever called them? A simple google search gives their phone number, along with their Form D submission to the SEC so that they can get a 506b exclusion. What is a 506b exclusion you ask? TL/DR it allows you to have unaccredited investors in your equity, with no verification needed. You don't have to report to the SEC, or register your securities. Strange that they're in Denver, the jurisdiction is for Delaware, and the phone number is a Wisconson area code. I'm at work and can't call right now, but just wondering if anyone has ever had success calling them, or is it even a valid phone number.

Rule 506 B: Everything you need to know

Back