Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm about 50 pages of messages behind. I was following when the Mobb Deep extras shitshow initiated, and then fell off on this thread. Out of curiosity, approximately how many people were mailed extra Mobb Deep records, and any sense of how many people never received them? And what is VMP doing for people who won't be receiving their Mobb Deep order? Repress? Credit?

tenor-34.gif

So Paulie, a CS rep, just calls out Storf ..the editor or something (dept unknown) publicly with a "he was out of his lane"?

lol what is this company
I see you guys weren't in the 1st Anthology FB group to see the whole Dexter Gordon debacle which progressed something like "this was the art Blue Note sent us", "how dare you accuse us of trying to blame the wrong artwork on Blue Note", "our art team tried to reproduce the right artwork but after endlessly trying it was IMPOSSIBLE", "we are going to maybe send digital copies of the correct jackets", to "everyone is getting corrected jackets sent out".

Still no shipping notice for my December bucket of pizza, supposed to be a big bucket this month:
Aretha Pizza - ROTM
Brittany Howard Black Friday Sale Pizza
TLC 7 month old Pizza
Kate Bollinger EP Pizza
Both Fiona Pizzas
Charly Bliss & Clairo randomly restocked Pizza

I'm sure Woozy Pizza won't ship until next month, but I'm feeling more and more certain that if I ever receive my bucket of pizzas this month it will just be Aretha Pizza... with Pineapple... and a slice tax taken by the delivery driver.

giphy.gif

I see you guys weren't in the 1st Anthology FB group to see the whole Dexter Gordon debacle which progressed something like "this was the art Blue Note sent us", "how dare you accuse us of trying to blame the wrong artwork on Blue Note", "our art team tried to reproduce the right artwork but after endlessly trying it was IMPOSSIBLE", "we are going to maybe send digital copies if the correct jackets", to "everyone is getting corrected jackets sent out".
They probably found the correct artwork in the warehouse somewhere hiding behind a stack of Fancy Free albums.

Still no shipping notice for my December bucket of pizza, supposed to be a big bucket this month:
Aretha Pizza - ROTM
TLC 7 month old Pizza
Kate Bollinger EP Pizza
Both Fiona Pizzas

I'm sure Woozy Pizza won't ship until next month, but I'm feeling more and more certain that if I ever receive my bucket of pizzas this month it will just be Aretha Pizza... with Pineapple... and a slice tax taken by the delivery driver.

View attachment 26102
Speaking of tax, I am glad their website is trash and doesn't charge me CA sales tax as it should be lol.

I am hoping I get a shipping notice soon. I bought Fiona which I suspect is what's holding it up, but I'm also still waiting on Spoon and haven't heard anything since the mass email they sent for all the delays last month. I'm going to cancel since my sub is up this month but I want to wait until my stuff is on its way just in case.

A few years ago, I was part of a (non-vinyl) subscription club that imploded in a very similar way to the things that I've been seeing here and the whole VMP situation is giving me similar bad feelings. I hope VMP manages to turn things around eventually because I had a lot of fun with this club throughout my time in it.

I see you guys weren't in the 1st Anthology FB group to see the whole Dexter Gordon debacle which progressed something like "this was the art Blue Note sent us", "how dare you accuse us of trying to blame the wrong artwork on Blue Note", "our art team tried to reproduce the right artwork but after endlessly trying it was IMPOSSIBLE", "we are going to maybe send digital copies of the correct jackets", to "everyone is getting corrected jackets sent out".

I do remember that, but my point was that from what I understood Paulie was a CS rep and not really a senior member of the company like Storf is. So it sounds like a total throw under the bus on a senior employee. But I work for a real corporation my culture is likely different than VMP

I am hoping I get a shipping notice soon. I bought Fiona which I suspect is what's holding it up, but I'm also still waiting on Spoon and haven't heard anything since the mass email they sent for all the delays last month. I'm going to cancel since my sub is up this month but I want to wait until my stuff is on its way just in case.

A few years ago, I was part of a (non-vinyl) subscription club that imploded in a very similar way to the things that I've been seeing here and the whole VMP situation is giving me similar bad feelings. I hope VMP manages to turn things around eventually because I had a lot of fun with this club throughout my time in it.
It's not Fiona...people are getting Fiona. I'm in the same boat. I want my records. Im usually one of the first to get them since I'm geographically close to Saddle Creek.

I do remember that, but my point was that from what I understood Paulie was a CS rep and not really a senior member of the company like Storf is. So it sounds like a total throw under the bus on a senior employee. But I work for a real corporation my culture is likely different than VMP
Oh I get it, but I don't think it's a big stretch for them. In the case if Dexter Gordon they first blamed a company they partnered with, then one of their own departments, then somehow it turned out they were capable of doing the right thing after continued pressure. If anything, I think blaming each other is a step in the right direction? The only real question to me is whether it's all down to ineptitude and lack of ability to communicate or just full blown lying?

I just cancelled again.

The 3 month isn't worth it anymore not knowing what is coming out. And I need to save money somewhere.

(Also cancelling my TMR Vault sub, this current release is kinda weak for the price. - Outtakes and some live performances isn't worth 60 bucks.)

Oh I get it, but I don't think it's a big stretch for them. In the case if Dexter Gordon they first blamed a company they partnered with, then one of their own departments, then somehow it turned out they were capable of doing the right thing after continued pressure. If anything, I think blaming each other is a step in the right direction? The only real question to me is whether it's all down to ineptitude and lack of ability to communicate or just full blown lying?
I think a little from column A and a little from column B. Their lack of communication is astounding. Storf is sent out to talk to people on reddit (and the old forum) but isn't told info about pressings, mono/stereo, 45RPM vs 33, when things are being shipped or if releases are open to the public or not. That also seems a bit like ineptitude and if I was him, I'd be pissed about being thrown to the wolves every single time a release comes out. Or maybe he just doesn't care too...and then they just lie when someone calls them out (i.e. the Dexter Gordon situation).

Look, I get it--sometimes things get mixed up and if he was wrong about 1 or 2 titles, I could let it slide. But he is consistently wrong or people change things without telling him and then it's a shit show. How hard is it to keep track of 2 titles or so a week and have a spec sheet on each one that gets updated as details are released? How can you be so consistently wrong about every detail of nearly every release? And when you are, how does it not occur to him to maybe be prepped better about it? If the company is selling 10mil+ in records each year, then how the fuck can they not afford to A) get an experienced manager to put some structure into the company or B) have someone keep track of releases and details? It's year 6 of their company.

If I was VMP's owner or an investor, I'd be firing a lot of people there and replacing them with people who actually know how to run a business. Whoever thought to revamp the site during holiday season should be fired on the spot. I can't imagine how much money they are bleeding with all of the mistakes lately.

Anybody else's shipment look like this?

View attachment 26095

That's the most jacked up looking pizza I've ever seen.

Sad

So they had a system error AND a human error and the only thing that WAS supposed to happen was members getting shafted?

I still don't buy it. They either fucked over members by allowing this highly sought after album to be open to non-members, or they fucked over members with an accidental system fuck up. And Paulie is covering for the web platform saying this was intentional?

VMP sucks, but usually it's accidental. They're not good enough to fuck this up on purpose.

So Paulie, a CS rep, just calls out Storf ..the editor or something (dept unknown) publicly with a "he was out of his lane"?

lol what is this company

Id hire Paulie when this thing all melts down.

Don't think so on storf.

Aretha Pizza - ROTM
TLC 7 month old Pizza
Kate Bollinger EP Pizza
Both Fiona Pizzas

View attachment 26102
My pizzas are still in the oven too apparently

Blossom Dearie Supreme Pizza
Lucille Pizza Pie
400 Degreez Hand-Tossed Pizza
Idler Wheel Stuffed Crust Pizza
Bad Vibes Spicy Pizza
Still Woozy Margherita Pizza
Left My Blues In San Francisco Deep Dish Pizza
Waiting on:

Idler Wheel White Pizza
Aretha I Never Loved Pizza...
Lucille Garlic and Sausage Pizza
Alex Cameron Miami Pizza
The Time for Pizza is Now
Sister Gertrude's Special Pizza
Ray Charles Modern Sounds in Pizza
Loretta Fist Pizza
Willie's Both Pizzas Now
Konradsen's Saints and Pizza Stories
Beck Hyperpizza

These people know pizza.

I love that the pizza thing took off

🍕

Look, I get it--sometimes things get mixed up and if he was wrong about 1 or 2 titles, I could let it slide. But he is consistently wrong or people change things without telling him and then it's a shit show. How hard is it to keep track of 2 titles or so a week and have a spec sheet on each one that gets updated as details are released? How can you be so consistently wrong about every detail of nearly every release? And when you are, how does it not occur to him to maybe be prepped better about it? If the company is selling 10mil+ in records each year, then how the fuck can they not afford to A) get an experienced manager to put some structure into the company or B) have someone keep track of releases and details? It's year 6 of their company.

If I was VMP's owner or an investor, I'd be firing a lot of people there and replacing them with people who actually know how to run a business. Whoever thought to revamp the site during holiday season should be fired on the spot. I can't imagine how much money they are bleeding with all of the mistakes lately.

My level of experience in the financial field stops at watching every episode of Shark Tank.... but isn’t customer retention a very big and very important thing? If during the holidays you’re increasing your orders by like 30% and most of those are newly acquired customers.... and then you straight ignore them, send them the wrong product, don’t send the product at all, and don’t communicate it, I can’t imagine that their retention is going to be that great.

e5cf7fdaa4dbabaf80a70f5d097c480c9fb475c1v2_hq.jpg

Last edited:
If the company is selling 10mil+ in records each year, then how the fuck can they not afford to A) get an experienced manager to put some structure into the company or B) have someone keep track of releases and details? It's year 6 of their company.

$10M in revenue, not $10M in profits. They probably can't really afford to hire that much more staff. On months where they don't have a QOTSA-type release, I'd guess they probably are just breaking even. This likely is not a very profitable business with healthy cash flows or balance sheet. There's probably a reason why there's no pay-when-it-ships option.

But their issues aren't staff bandwidth related. Proper structure and management doesn't require extra headcount. It just requires competence.

And that's the issue with this company. They're incompetence knows no limit.

Back