Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Having a tag for “VMP hater” without a tag for “VMP blowhard” is super telling. The mods over there are better than this, or should be. With this they’re clearly drawing the line between two groups and standing on one side of it. If there’s any true desire from them to make things less divisive then this was a 100% the wrong move.

Agreed. It was a bad call on the part of one of the mods and it definitely doesn't help anything, from the perception that the VMP mods are paid shills, to the respectfulness we want to maintain despite heated disagreements. A few of us have already voice our strong disagreement with the action, and the mod in question has since removed the user flair. We have had multiple convos in our group chat recently about how none of us want to appear biased in any way, and we're still figuring out how exactly to do that, and this is one instance of a mistake that crossed over into the wrong threshold. Also I'm still catching up on everything and I'm like 8 pages behind still so if this has already been addressed then oops

That's BS because i was logged out when I looked at it and instead of an "add to cart" button I got a "Join the Club" button.

That's why I think they are backtracking and it was only available to people with accounts, whether their memberships were currently still active or not

Agreed. It was a bad call on the part of one of the mods and it definitely doesn't help anything, from the perception that the VMP mods are paid shills, to the respectfulness we want to maintain despite heated disagreements. A few of us have already voice our strong disagreement with the action, and the mod in question has since removed the user flair. We have had multiple convos in our group chat recently about how none of us want to appear biased in any way, and we're still figuring out how exactly to do that, and this is one instance of a mistake that crossed over into the wrong threshold. Also I'm still catching up on everything and I'm like 8 pages behind still so if this has already been addressed then oops

Yeah, I had also chimed in earlier in this thread saying that I had no hand in this. I think this was a bad look as well. I am far less concerned with people talking shit about VMP. Honestly, things are a mess right now. People are upset, frustrated, angry, etc... I am not blindly loyal to ANY company or organization. I'm all for accountability. I'm also all for open and honest communication. The biggest thing I am trying to do is keep things civil. It's not going to make me any friends, and it's going to be thankless and maybe at this point fruitless, but whatever. I'm just burnt out. Getting trolled just kinda sucks no matter how thick your skin is.

Yeah, I had also chimed in earlier in this thread saying that I had no hand in this. I think this was a bad look as well. I am far less concerned with people talking shit about VMP. Honestly, things are a mess right now. People are upset, frustrated, angry, etc... I am not blindly loyal to ANY company or organization. I'm all for accountability. I'm also all for open and honest communication. The biggest thing I am trying to do is keep things civil. It's not going to make me any friends, and it's going to be thankless and maybe at this point fruitless, but whatever. I'm just burnt out. Getting trolled just kinda sucks no matter how thick your skin is.

maybe take a break.

T
Mr. Hands seems like a wild choice. It is available for under 10 bucks, sometimes under 5, and in good condition at just about any record store I visit.

To be fair, people said this about the Isley Brothers one. VMP's press of that is one of the best sounding records I have, and the jacket is heavenly.

Back