Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Literally the only time I ever checked BBB was because of SoundstageDirect. I even left a comment! I was so pissed with that situation. I haven’t heard anything since though once I finally got my money back through PayPal.

Yea I was lucky. I know a lot of people got burned with them. And they were awesome...till they weren’t. I had a bunch of Prince pre-orders with them when there were supposed to be REs of Black Album, Batman, Graf Bridge, Lovesexy that never ended up happening. I canceled them not bc I heard anything was happening with SSD but cause I had those pres for like a year and started hearing they weren’t gonna happen. I had to follow up once after initial request to get my refund but I didn’t smell trouble then. Next time I went to get something from them it redirected to ReverbLP. Then I saw all the craziness on BBB, Hoffman, etc

Wow! Some people are just well... Wow! That said you can but take the horse to water...

If you haven't, you should try to wade through our whole convoluted back and forth. That's the most coherent he'd been the whole time. To find it, you have to scroll to the bottom, though. He was downvoted until it was hidden.

He literally told me that all signs indicated there are probably only 5 people with the Mobb Deep shipping issue and they had "several hundred" albums between them. He also said that anyone who only received a couple of albums extra wouldn't get that email asking to send them back, even though people in the thread already mentioned that's exactly happened to them. I'm actually one of them.

my god its almost impossible to keep up with this thread anymore..

not that its bad but so much criticism of them on one store thread at such a rapid pace

Yeah it’s annoying because I’m selfishly more interested in reading about just the subset of VMP releases that I’m interested in or have already paid for, and it’s a lot to scroll through the details of all of these situations. But it’s also kind of unavoidable because it seems that each release has to have it’s own unique set of problems. Like there’s the thing that happened with the Stars exclusive with the pops and the repressing to fix it and then sending the repress without a jacket randomly without warning (to me, at least). And then there’s the endless saga of the TLC records that are apparently maybe just never going to ship. Now there’s this fantastical mess with Mobb Deep and exponential shipments going out and creating a raffle to beg people to send them back. And then there’s the Weyes Blood fiasco where the records just like went to all of these other places and talking about randomly picking which customers would receive the record they ordered. And then there’s all the back and forth with the “buckets” for Nat Turner Rebellion. And these are just the ones I remember from this year.

also it makes sense that whenever VMP fucks up this forum has mountains of pages because angering news enters peoples thoughts easier than others and can cause a lot more discussion which....

ok i feel like i just need to play CGP greys video about it

i am only doing this to say

who knows how ingenious VMP are but this debate does make you think about them a lot

(and if they dont understand this this might be useful as in the anger they are giving will not be helping their sales)

Yeah it’s annoying because I’m selfishly more interested in reading about just the subset of VMP releases that I’m interested in or have already paid for, and it’s a lot to scroll through the details of all of these situations. But it’s also kind of unavoidable because it seems that each release has to have it’s own unique set of problems. Like there’s the thing that happened with the Stars exclusive with the pops and the repressing to fix it and then sending the repress without a jacket randomly without warning (to me, at least). And then there’s the endless saga of the TLC records that are apparently maybe just never going to ship. Now there’s this fantastical mess with Mobb Deep and exponential shipments going out and creating a raffle to beg people to send them back. And then there’s the Weyes Blood fiasco where the records just like went to all of these other places and talking about randomly picking which customers would receive the record they ordered. And then there’s all the back and forth with the “buckets” for Nat Turner Rebellion. And these are just the ones I remember from this year.

OH GOD THE BUCKETS

i think we're up to 6 people that have reported skips, including me, on "The Infamous."
i want a repress but i'm also afraid of one cause i have zero faith in their abilities to do anything correctly now.

Keep the faith! They did a great job on Ready to Die and that wasn’t that long ago.... right guys?

right?

guys?

Look, I'll be upfront about this. I don't like Storf. He's always been a dick to me. He always has other people backing him so that, even if you're right and have good intentions, you get dismissed by defenders.
I don't defend him, but I avoid picking on him. He's got some personal things he struggles with and I hope he finds a way to get himself healthy. I feel like many of his actions are symptoms of issues he has.
So, show of hands: How many people here are actively hoping VMP fails entirely? As in, has to shut the doors and file for bankruptcy?
I don't wish them ill. VMP aren't the problem at this point. The people who keep buying from them are the problem. VMP have no reason to fix anything, ever, if people keep buying from them.

I don't defend him, but I avoid picking on him. He's got some personal things he struggles with and I hope he finds a way to get himself healthy. I feel like many of his actions are symptoms of issues he has.

Everyone has problems and excuses for being shitty to other people. If someone asks a question about their membership and he dismisses and shames them for it, prompting a bunch of sycophants to join in insulting that person, he's not the victim in my eyes. That also doesn't translate into "picking on him."

If someone has personal problems (who doesn’t?) and deals with the public, they need to keep it separate or get another job, like spreadsheets or sweeping the floor.

I think he might have a problem separating his idea of "power"/authority and communicating with the members on a mutually respectful level. Sometimes, he seemed like he wanted to be friends with... well, I can't say "us," because I don't feel like he ever tried to be cool with me, but... with the forum in general. Then, that time when he took a hiatus and canceled his account, he basically told us that he couldn't stand dealing us, as if he was reluctantly there in the first place. Maybe that was tongue-in-cheek, but it was also kind of shitty. I wondered if that hurt anyone's feelings.

But, again, I would literally go into the stock thread, because I was considering buying something, and ask, "Hey Storfer, I was hoping you could let me know how many copies of ___ are left. Thanks!" And he wouldn't say a fucking thing back to me. Ever. Or, I'd ask him to clarify an old clue in a guess thread and... nothing. He was friendly with a lot of others, but that's how he was toward me. Meanwhile, I'd see him answer everyone else's questions before and after mine.

Once A-B left the boards and they replaced the exclusive announcements with a locked thread, the decline only accelerated.

Oh! And I only listened to side A, but my Mobb Deep is fine. I'll check the rest of it.

Too bad there aren't more albums to discuss, but this place is like a book club where everyone has to use the same library and they only have 3 copies.

Last edited:
Back