Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

They’re now saying how they’ve cracked my secret (it wasn’t a secret) reddit identity and have traced me back to me on here and are beginning a character assassination. Is it wrong that I’m kind not fussed what they think and kind of flattered that my dislike of storf is so important to them?

Oh man, I've been found out!!

So...what's the TL;DR version of today's events?

I guess I haven't seen any issues on my side...and that's even adding a couple purchases and the add-on R&HH this morning for RUN DMC.

So...what's the TL;DR version of today's events?

I guess I haven't seen any issues on my side...and that's even adding a couple purchases and the add-on R&HH this morning for RUN DMC.

-Once you make a swap, it can't be changed. Swap wisely.
-A lot of people's accounts are still f'd up

That's about it, really. You may want to double check your profile settings to make sure you have payment info put in for your add-on tracks. I noticed mine was missing when I checked.

Im just trying to catch up on this thread, but basically I wondered if anyone is in the same position I am in.

Im not really into the Essentials this month so I swapped it for the Run DMC album and cancelled my R&HH add on (which I have done a load of times before). Rather than cancel automatically like normal, there is a delay on the cancellation. Its saying it will cancel on the 1st December, the day AFTER the swaps/subs are locked into place.

Seems like they are preventing you deciding if you want the Classics or R&HH Add-On's after they announce it, which is shady as hell if this is the case.

They’re now saying how they’ve cracked my secret (it wasn’t a secret) reddit identity and have traced me back to me on here and are beginning a character assassination. Is it wrong that I’m kind not fussed what they think and kind of flattered that my dislike of storf is so important to them?
Oops, did I let the cat out of the bag @Joe Mac!? They probably super sleuthed my post. Now I will feel responsible if you start getting death threats.

Oops, did I let the cat out of the bag @Joe Mac!? They probably super sleuthed my post. Now I will feel responsible if you start getting death threats.

Death threats! I’m not capable of that! Plus you’re cool too. Also it still wasn’t that cryptic to anyone who does even the most cursory of searches on here, it was my pick for AoTM less than a fortnight ago lmao!

EDIT: Oh wait sorry! Other way around. Silly sleepy Joe! Nah, it’s all good, they’ll have forgotten about me before too long, it’s not a place I intend on frequenting.

Last edited:
Im just trying to catch up on this thread, but basically I wondered if anyone is in the same position I am in.

Im not really into the Essentials this month so I swapped it for the Run DMC album and cancelled my R&HH add on (which I have done a load of times before). Rather than cancel automatically like normal, there is a delay on the cancellation. Its saying it will cancel on the 1st December, the day AFTER the swaps/subs are locked into place.

Seems like they are preventing you deciding if you want the Classics or R&HH Add-On's after they announce it, which is shady as hell if this is the case.
I did the exact same thing as you. I've dropped subs before and they generally don't charge you at all, so you should be good. (In theory. Again, who the hell knows in practice)

Death threats! I’m not capable of that! Plus you’re cool too. Also it still wasn’t that cryptic to anyone who does even the most cursory of searches on here, it was my pick for AoTM less than a fortnight ago lmao!

EDIT: Oh wait sorry! Other way around. Silly sleepy Joe! Nah, it’s all good, they’ll have forgotten about me before too long, it’s not a place I intend on frequenting.

Not true, It took me HOURS to crack your secret!

I did the exact same thing as you. I've dropped subs before and they generally don't charge you at all, so you should be good. (In theory. Again, who the hell knows in practice)
Yeah I have done this several times in the past but this is the first time I have seen the delay on cancellation. I am hoping its just a system glitch that doesnt actually mean anything, but have emailed them anyway. I will update on here once I hear back from them.

Generally I agree with that sentiment, but I don't believe that there are AAA reissues of Mono Aretha and B.B. King, are there?

Didn’t @Murfocakes point out a mono version of Aretha that he has that’s going on discogs for pretty small money?

this is the one. Can’t say definitively if it’s AAA but it’s mono and reviewed well. Rhino tend to be one of the better reissue labels too, their AAA of Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison are fantastic!

this is the one. Can’t say definitively if it’s AAA but it’s mono and reviewed well. Rhino tend to be one of the better reissue labels too, their AAA of Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison are fantastic!

Surprising that it is EU only, isn't that uncommon with Rhino releases? If I had that one and was happy with the sound, this would be a hard sell.

I have a mono original which I like, but it isn't dead quiet by any means, so I'll be getting this one and comparing.

Surprising that it is EU only, isn't that uncommon with Rhino releases? If I had that one and was happy with the sound, this would be a hard sell.

I have a mono original which I like, but it isn't dead quiet by any means, so I'll be getting this one and comparing.

It is. To be honest I only linked direct to the one he had. Sometimes with these Rhino will release a different issue in Europe to North America that is almost identical but maybe pressed somewhere else or with a slightly different catalogue number. In the wider release data there may well be an almost identical US release on the same date!

but not here, I had a bit of a dig and it is Europe only, that is a bit odd for them!

Question - My account looks relatively ok. Address is right, membership looks right, orders are mostly right. Payment info though only lists a spot for a credit card. Is Paypal gone as an option, or is my account just messed up? Emailed CS about it, but I'm not counting on an answer anytime soon.

Question - My account looks relatively ok. Address is right, membership looks right, orders are mostly right. Payment info though only lists a spot for a credit card. Is Paypal gone as an option, or is my account just messed up? Emailed CS about it, but I'm not counting on an answer anytime soon.
same situation as me i think a few others also mentioned similar situations and pretty much CS couldn't provide a answer.

Back