Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, I thought about that.
But, without saying what I've put aside, the albums have been available for months and don't appear to be going anywhere soon. Honestly, it's a slight risk, but I'm willing to take it.

UPDATE: the exact language used was that they "reserve (me) a copy, so (I) should be fine."
Let's see how this goes.
So if I understand this correctly, you are giving a company that has major logistical issues fulfilling orders accurately and in a timely manner the task of sending out certain items in a delayed manner, complicating a simple task they already have issues with....
Absolutely no reason to think they won't miss this up. I expect you to get 12 copies of a record you didn't order

When I was on the VMP Store (trying to figure out what the sticky pudding happened to my October package) I noticed some old titles back in the store. Looks like last year's holiday leftovers, and a few other previous titles on sale (Don Bryant, the Ry Cooder exclusive, possibly others). Who knows if they'll get to you in time for Christmas 2023, but it might be worth a look...that Don Bryant is fire and was $11.

So if I understand this correctly, you are giving a company that has major logistical issues fulfilling orders accurately and in a timely manner the task of sending out certain items in a delayed manner, complicating a simple task they already have issues with....

Honestly, it's more about the fact that November is a long, looooooooong month for me (I listen to music at night and I have a heroic amount of gigs in November) and I simply won't have time to listen to a cube's worth of records.

I picked what seemed like the safest bet as to not going out of stock and if I lose them, then the way I see it:

1. I waited long enough for them, screw it, if I really want them I can get them at a lesser price elsewhere; either way, I will still end up with albums I want to hear regardless of color variant
2. I will end up with store credits to use on something else

I expect you to get 12 copies of a record you didn't order

And if that happens, I will meet you all in the PIF area :)

My November box was looking more like a cube, and my December looking bleak comparatively.
No way to listen to and give attention to every record coming my way all at once.

Which is how I learned today that CS will allow you to delay items from your shipment for a later point.

Anyone ever done this?

Wow, this is news to me. I will definitely do it with items that may hold up shipping from now on. Thanks.

the chat feature is nice and talked to Stephen. He said check back but it’s not in the warehouse yet so they can’t swap it.
I don't think that's been a problem in the past as I've been able to swap for albums that held up my package... Maybe it's a new policy but they are saying the album will ship in November so if you buy it, they will delay the package but you can't swap which may delay the package... that's some weird logic

I contacted CS and they let me swap out essentials for Caribou and r/hh for Charlie Brown Christmas audiophile edition(it’s just a jazz record but I want the wife to think at least for a moment that I bought a record for the kids :)

That record gets played year round in our house. Definitely a favorite for the kids. :)

Back