Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Not to rub it in but I just cleaned it for the first time and now it’s flawless. So the good news is your next copy should be clean

I re-listened to Side A on my copy and yeah, the first song and a half sound ATROCIOUS. I had been focusing my attention on Love Theme from Spartacus because that's my favorite song on the album so I only just now noticed how bad Side A is.

I just emailed CS, and based on what other people have said, I'm cautiously optimistic the next copy will be fine. I'm still kind of bummed. The actual package was in pristine shape -- not even a bent corner -- and the record itself looks gorgeous (and is flat as a pancake).

I re-listened to Side A on my copy and yeah, the first song and a half sound ATROCIOUS. I had been focusing my attention on Love Theme from Spartacus because that's my favorite song on the album so I only just now noticed how bad Side A is.

I just emailed CS, and based on what other people have said, I'm cautiously optimistic the next copy will be fine. I'm still kind of bummed. The actual package was in pristine shape -- not even a bent corner -- and the record itself looks gorgeous (and is flat as a pancake).
Same here quite a few pops in the 1st song and a half. I haven't cleaned it yet though.

another month where the box is going to arrive after the announcement for the next month.
November is the last month of vmp for me for a bit anyways.

My September package was lost, the replacement was sent untracked. I also haven't received my October box yet.
My annual subscription expires in February, I can't wait for it to end. It has become such a hassle.

Anybody see this yet?

81BD33BA-2427-4214-880E-EE7A9CC5FD7C.jpeg
[Body]
We're proud to announce our partnership with Vinyl Me, Please, the premier vinyl company and record of the month club.

VMP Anthology: The Story of Ghostly International travels through our 20-year history of music. Featuring three albums that have never been on vinyl — including the first vinyl pressing of Ghostly Swim 1 and 2 — and three sought after albums that are out of print, this box set is packaged together but separated out into a month-long experience, and comes with a 4-episode podcast series, deluxe liner note photo prints for each album, and exclusive access to additional written content.

More titles to be revealed for the limited edition 6 album, 8 LP colored vinyl box set. Early access sale begins October 28th, on sale to the public on October 29th. Limited to 500 units.

Introducing VMP Anthology: a reinvented, immersive box set experience for music fans willing to journey beyond the liner notes. Each Anthology features expert storytelling, exclusive inserts, and a collectors-edition vinyl box set.

4B1F6D2F-A585-4C2C-96EE-800F5D8254B9.jpeg

Anybody see this yet?

View attachment 20405
[Body]
We're proud to announce our partnership with Vinyl Me, Please, the premier vinyl company and record of the month club.

VMP Anthology: The Story of Ghostly International travels through our 20-year history of music. Featuring three albums that have never been on vinyl — including the first vinyl pressing of Ghostly Swim 1 and 2 — and three sought after albums that are out of print, this box set is packaged together but separated out into a month-long experience, and comes with a 4-episode podcast series, deluxe liner note photo prints for each album, and exclusive access to additional written content.

More titles to be revealed for the limited edition 6 album, 8 LP colored vinyl box set. Early access sale begins October 28th, on sale to the public on October 29th. Limited to 500 units.

Introducing VMP Anthology: a reinvented, immersive box set experience for music fans willing to journey beyond the liner notes. Each Anthology features expert storytelling, exclusive inserts, and a collectors-edition vinyl box set.

View attachment 20406
Not my kind of thing but this looks like a very cool box, though it will most definitely be overpriced.

Yeah, $$ is likely gonna be my issue with it. I am glad they are doing a more “Modern” set though.
Agreed and if it is certain albums, I’m sure this will sell out very fast. I never really got into the artists on the label though so it’s a pass for me (thankfully... no extra cash here).

Anybody see this yet?...

I passed on Blue Note because of cost/lack of trust in VMP (prescient but wish I'd been wrong), and I passed on Motown because I'm more of a Stax/Muscle Shoals fan & they hadn't yet shown they'd learned anything from the mistakes of Blue Note. It's going to be very difficult to pass on this.

The one thing that surprises me is that they didn't do this before Motown. There doesn't seem to be any notable reason to get Motown out immediately. It's Ghostly's 20th Anniversary, so it had to be done this year. With the timing of each, it feels like they're now just churning out product, and don't really care about people taking the time with each anthology (as they claim is the most important thing about the way they're presenting the music). It's that, or they think that nobody could possibly like both soul music and electronic music, which yes, is as laughable as it seems when typed out.

Last edited:
Back