Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I still hear popping on my Yusef even after cleaning, which is a bummer. It's worst on my favorite song, of course: Love Theme from Spartacus.

Also still hear popping post-cleaning with Joel Ross, but I kind of expected that to be the case. I think one thing working against Joel Ross is how quiet the album is overall. Makes any flaws that much more noticeable.

I'll try cleaning Yusef one more time and after that probably reach out to CS. I hadn't heard anyone else have this problem, so fingers crossed that unlike Joel Ross, this isn't a widespread issue.

I still hear popping on my Yusef even after cleaning, which is a bummer. It's worst on my favorite song, of course: Love Theme from Spartacus.

Also still hear popping post-cleaning with Joel Ross, but I kind of expected that to be the case. I think one thing working against Joel Ross is how quiet the album is overall. Makes any flaws that much more noticeable.

I'll try cleaning Yusef one more time and after that probably reach out to CS. I hadn't heard anyone else have this problem, so fingers crossed that unlike Joel Ross, this isn't a widespread issue.

I'm getting a replacement of Yusef due to popping on the first track of Side A. I didn't bother to listen to the rest of it yet but I could check and see about Theme from Spartacus... And another member also had mild crackle on Side A track 1 so... I think this may be another problem pressing...

I'm getting a replacement of Yusef due to popping on the first track of Side A. I didn't bother to listen to the rest of it yet but I could check and see about Theme from Spartacus... And another member also had mild crackle on Side A track 1 so... I think this may be another problem pressing...

Urgh... I hope it's not too widespread. Everything else about this release is fantastic, I really want a nice clean copy of it.

I slept on the VMP Black Pumas record and have been kicking myself but what do you know, going through the bins at a big chain record store (Sunrise) i came across it today... that’s Canadian Dollars, and thats the cream/black&red splatter... feeling better. View attachment 20221
Sunrise is where i found mine! Saved a bit of change not having to order it.

You ever listen to an album a dozen times trying to decide if you actually like it or not?

Thats me with that Caribou right now.
Then I’d say the album isn’t for you. If you have listened to the album that many times and don’t know whether you like it or not, then you don’t love the album!

But personally, I love Caribou’s Swim! It’s luxurious, hazy, laboratory-like, intoxicating, hypnotic and it simultaneously manages to sound futuristic yet organic! And this album also manages to sound dark and dense but is super danceable and easy-going on the ears. The vocals sound nasally and anxious, yet ghostly and confident. Like, this album aesthetically really is something special! And all tracks have this warmth to them but have a subtle darkness.

The attention to detail on “Swim” is absolutely incredible and delightful. Live Instruments turn into imaginative sounds!

“Odessa” is one of my favourite songs of the decade. It’s sexy, ethereal, confident, aquatic, liquidy, yet when the song progresses, it sounds very mystical and quite suspenseful. I feel like something grand and horrific is about to reveal themselves when that striking, spiral glitch sound comes in towards the end!

Swim is a synthetic-like, dreamy, cinematic disco album that sounds like it was not recorded on earth! It sounds so supernatural! It’s celestial, aquatic and science-y!

If you just get lost in the album, you will absolutely love this album!

Not to rub it in but I just cleaned it for the first time and now it’s flawless. So the good news is your next copy should be clean

Back