Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have to say, I've certainly been confused about the relationship between the plant and VMP. Everything VMP sends out makes it sound like it's "their plant."
I always assumed it was one and the same, that they just wanted to control the product from start to finish. No different than Amazon buying a box company

The "pressing records in a timely and professional manner" does not inspire confidence regardless of the crux of the lawsuit. A giant waiving red flag when spending so much.

Not sure that's the take here. Sounds like those guys were just a little too passionate about the plant and basically committed fraud to try to keep it going. I'm not an attorney, but if what is alleged is true, I wonder whether they've left themselves open for criminal prosecution, too.

I have to say, I've certainly been confused about the relationship between the plant and VMP. Everything VMP sends out makes it sound like it's "their plant."

I'm not a lawyer but I read the article as PR for the current board because the board members that are still there (most likely from the private equity firm that bought a chunk of vmp)

But time will tell.

I'm not changing anything. The article claims they were fired in March. That means we are a few months in already and things are keeping on. I imagine eventually they'll press it. This seems more like things got too expensive at the plang and heads rolled/trying to recoup costs/appease private equity
lol… Bandbox would like a word with you.

Like, at this point, even if I get it, I'm not trusting the "best vinyl pressing plant" claims right now. I'm getting circus vibes from this whole thing, and a good chunk of money riding on the circus somehow being a smash hit.

I just canceled mine. When/if it does finally see the light of day I'll hopefully be able to get a good deal on it again

I'm not changing anything. The article claims they were fired in March. That means we are a few months in already and things are keeping on. I imagine eventually they'll press it. This seems more like things got too expensive at the plang and heads rolled/trying to recoup costs/appease private equity
I'm not a lawyer but I read the article as PR for the current board because the board members that are still there (most likely from the private equity firm that bought a chunk of vmp)

But time will tell.
Even if the truth is somewhere in between - as it almost always is - this sounds like a project that is well under water. Given VMP's history of questionable decision making, and the dollars involved here, I think there is plenty of reason for concern.

I just canceled mine. When/if it does finally see the light of day I'll hopefully be able to get a good deal on it again
I'm going to think it over this weekend I think. I'm leaning towards not wanting to put that kind of money on something so major in such early stages, and this kind of is tilting me towards just getting the money back.

Has any VMP pressed record seen the light of day yet? I've been kind of out of the loop.

This. It’s the reason this news is shocking. But it also raises questions about the board itself given the brazenness some of the things they’re accused of.

For example, signing a significant lease in another company’s same? That doesn’t even make sense it’s so brazen and transparently self-dealing — IF there is not more to the story.

And that’s a big IF. I suspect there is more to this.

This it’s the type of thing where everything is fine until it isn’t and then when it isn’t it’s too late to do anything about it haveing already rat-fucked its loyal customers out of their money leaving consumers to hold the bag.

This it’s the type of thing where everything is fine until it isn’t and then when it isn’t it’s too late to do anything about it haveing already rat-fucked its loyal customers out of their money leaving consumers to hold the bag.
Yeah, there's two scenarios that worry me here.

They complete it, but it absolutely sucks.
Some set of circumstances completely fucks this over and leaves us with no records, and no refunds.

Confidence is pretty low.

So, quick timeline here:

2014: Hello, we are VMP, we are your friends. Here are some records.
2015: Here's a nice shop with some extras, also, nothing will EVER be more than $17
2016-2018: Things are going well! We love music! The forum is poppin'!
2019: The forum is weighing us down. We need to become bigger than Elvis, Jesus, and the Dalai Lama.
2020: Should we open a plant? Plants are good for the earth, right?
2020, part II: It seems things are starting to get weird, let's oust our current CEO Matt (or did he leave willingly)?
2021-2023: QC Issues galore, but we sure do get a lot of celebrity press.
2024: Fire CEO, CFO and sue everyone. Re-instate former CEO on an interim basis (WHAT???)

So, quick timeline here:

2014: Hello, we are VMP, we are your friends. Here are some records.
2015: Here's a nice shop with some extras, also, nothing will EVER be more than $17
2016-2018: Things are going well! We love music! The forum is poppin'!
2019: The forum is weighing us down. We need to become bigger than Elvis, Jesus, and the Dalai Lama.
2020: Should we open a plant? Plants are good for the earth, right?
2020, part II: It seems things are starting to get weird, let's oust our current CEO Matt (or did he leave willingly)?
2021-2023: QC Issues galore, but we sure do get a lot of celebrity press.
2024: Fire CEO, CFO and sue everyone. Re-instate former CEO on an interim basis (WHAT???)
In short, honesty and transparency have always been in short supply.

Yeah but the $ spent is long gone for me to the point that the box will feel free. Hearing this news does explain why there hasn't been a new anthology announced yet though.

Not sure that's the take here. Sounds like those guys were just a little too passionate about the plant and basically committed fraud to try to keep it going. I'm not an attorney, but if what is alleged is true, I wonder whether they've left themselves open for criminal prosecution, too.

1714749161366.png

Back