Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Just a heads up. It's very good but the MOV is like 1A 1B. So if you can't get the VMP. The MOV slams too.

Edit- Aaaand I'm sure the KPG is great too although I haven't heard it and it's overpriced.

Of Shades of Blue? Is the KPG Classics that much more than the VMP? I can't compare to anything, but the pressing is of the same quality as the other Blue Note Classics. I really like it.

Of Shades of Blue? Is the KPG Classics that much more than the VMP? I can't compare to anything, but the pressing is of the same quality as the other Blue Note Classics. I really like it.

The couple comparisons I've seen between BNC and VMP have favoured the VMP version so I figured if I'm signing back up it would've been great to grab that one, but oh well!

It's $65 before taxes at Sonic. Pretty sure that's above the sub price at VMP?

Yeah, that's a lot. As you'd have it, I got mine at Kops this summer and it was $49. It's C$44 on Amazon Canada right now.

Though I'm not sure what a sub price at VMP costs any more with the exchange and all. I was considering it about C$50 a record, but I haven't subbed since I did a month about a year back to get Interpol, Sun Ship and Thin Lizzy.

EDIT: but I understand wanting a specific pressing and paying extra/specifically for that if the reviews of the VMP seem to be better.

EDIT2: the Amazon.ca link if anyone cares

Amazon product ASIN B0C2VMCK6L

So have we confirmed that you have to let sub lapse in order to get the referral discount? I almost went through all the steps last night, but a little msg popped up: "since you have an active acct...." & said something re: checking your account. Mine is set to end on 1 Nov., but for some reason it still shows me getting a record this month, despite my 6mo. sub ending & me having gone thru all the cancel steps. Anyone else seeing this weirdness?

Just a heads up. It's very good but the MOV is like 1A 1B. So if you can't get the VMP. The MOV slams too.

Edit- Aaaand I'm sure the KPG is great too although I haven't heard it and it's overpriced.
yall know how i feel about KG....and even I think the VMP is better. KG cut it more like a jazz record, Cicely cut it more like a hiphop record.

It's $65 before taxes at Sonic. Pretty sure that's above the sub price at VMP?

Yeah, that's a lot. As you'd have it, I got mine at Kops this summer and it was $49. It's C$44 on Amazon Canada right now.

$52.99 is the cheapest I've seen it for around here, but most places sold out fast and the only ones nearby are about $55.99

Though I'm not sure what a sub price at VMP costs any more with the exchange and all. I was considering it about C$50 a record, but I haven't subbed since I did a month about a year back to get Interpol, Sun Ship and Thin Lizzy.

Mike did some math, and on a 1-year sub right now with a referral link and the 8 free records on sign-up you'd be looking at under $25/record for the 20 records you'd get:

So if my math is right....rejoining this month with a referral code for a year brings the price down to about $18 a record.

$435/year
-$80 referral
----------------
$355
/12 records + 8 bonus records
$17.75 + tax

That ain't too shabby and is likely the best price you'll find for a long time.

I think the referral is bumped up for international members to $99 off for a year?

So have we confirmed that you have to let sub lapse in order to get the referral discount? I almost went through all the steps last night, but a little msg popped up: "since you have an active acct...." & said something re: checking your account. Mine is set to end on 1 Nov., but for some reason it still shows me getting a record this month, despite my 6mo. sub ending & me having gone thru all the cancel steps. Anyone else seeing this weirdness?
I think thats the case, I just decided to sign up with a new email and sign up as a new member through a referral link.

Back