Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Track listing on this is busted, so had to check the cover image to see what's on it:
Basically if you're a old school hip hop fan you have most of it, and they sprinkled a tiny bit of shit on it for good measure.

EDIT: The more I look at the listing, the more I feel like this comp does hip hop dirty. Where's the originators? Too $hort as the only G-Funk artist? Doja Cat, really?!

Last edited:
TLC exclusives repressed.

Bundle was $62 now $75, because yes!

Original bundle was in what, 2020? Not surprised at the increase. Two double LPs and a 7” for under $80 sounds pretty reasonable in 2023, unfortunately. Not gonna knock VMP on that one.

Track listing on this is busted, so had to check the cover image to see what's on it:
Basically if you're a old school hip hop fan you have most of it, and they sprinkled a tiny bit of shit on it for good measure.

EDIT: The more I look at the listing, the more I feel like this comp does hip hop dirty. Where's the originators? Too $hort as the only G-Funk artist? Doja Cat, really?!
Looks like this is just a Sony cash-grab comp for vinyl noobs. There's a Target exclusive, if that tells you anything.

I assume Interscope stuff was off limits since it's under Universal, for example.

a_life_of_Diagrammatic.jpg

Okay I just looked, it's not the off centre one I was thinking of. Still a lot of talk of whooshing and whatnot so YMMV
Good to know. Anything that keeps me from signing up again saves me money. Especially since I found a copy of that Beta Band box set for a decent price in Montreal, you bastard.

You are in for a treat. That box, in terms of sound quality, is probably the single biggest surprise of any record I've ever bought. It is, so far above the rest of their releases in terms of sound
quality that I have no idea how it ever came to be. Also it's cut HAWT so you only need a little volume and your speakers will shake.

You are in for a treat. That box, in terms of sound quality, is probably the single biggest surprise of any record I've ever bought. It is, so far above the rest of their releases in terms of sound
quality that I have no idea how it ever came to be. Also it's cut HAWT so you only need a little volume and your speakers will shake.
It better make me feel 30 pounds lighter and 15 years younger or I am hitting the 401 with my blowtorch to burn me some weeds.

Got VMP x Creem email. Anyone pickup that Runaways reissue? How does it sound. Since it is a BoomBoom pressing it might have some nice punch to it.
Yes the Runaways has a strange whooshing noise between the tracks. It is a pressing issue as it is silent during the tracks. It is quite distracting.

Back