Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Swapped Sublime for Fucked Up.

ALMOST went with Death Grips, but not sure about replay value compared to their first album (which I love).
And ALMOST went with Destroyer, who I had never listened to before yesterday and, honestly, I loved it but I am not sure I need another rabbit hole if you know what I mean.

POjVSVuTGDWWqban1qT80jNuKFqMLmyW0pR7aIx5clSKhHJGn7d4Ak5LpOfP4A78xcYUlLPu11oKiXcLeBWdU4l_IZDLyIdat8RcYggXbBZIM-kNoW3F8Tj0BuNNN4d3AxAGObB8efqD5zGX4pZdWqPdBoSFsCQ=s0-d-e1-ft

I searched through my collection and Levi Seitz comes up three times. Nothing audiophile, but for what it's worth, all three records are extremely nice pressings. Chris Isaak "Heart Shaped World" reissue from 2022, Pearl Jam "Live at Easy Street" and The Donnas "Spend The Night" ROG reissue. Anyway, does not scream "keep away" and if anything, it's somewhat positive.

It's more the black box of how VMP's pressing plant will fare that's making me waffle. Well, that and the price, obviously. But a 2xLP pressing of Yield is definitely tempting.
So, weirdly, I kind of know Levi Seitz - we're not in touch anymore, but I used to visit friends in Seattle for NYE each year (several years ago) and he and his wife were part of the group that would always hang out. Oddly, I remember like 10 years ago being in their house and his wife mentioning to us how he'd just gotten some kind of lathe cutting thing for vinyl records and, at the time, I had no idea what that really meant (still probably don't, to be perfectly honest, haha).

It's actually weird because years later I joined this forum and saw people talking about this stuff and it triggered a memory of being in their house and retroactively helped me understand what they'd been so excited about back then, haha.

I can't speak to his qualifications, but he was a really nice guy and he's also credited on the vinyl for Beyonce's Renaissance, which I saw mentioned on social media somewhere. I remember he posted something a year or so ago about working with Pearl Jam on a live album. He was interviewed by Billboard magazine here about vinyl: Inside the Return of Record-Breaking Vinyl Sales which mentions that he apparently also worked on Olivia Rodrigo's album last year.

i believe it's a cicely balston exclusive cut but not 100% sure if it's exclusive to VMP.
Guess the listing will show tomorrow.
I mean, this is my third favourite Busta album so not even sure if I care when I still haven't picked up ELE or When Disaster Strikes.

So, weirdly, I kind of know Levi Seitz - we're not in touch anymore, but I used to visit friends in Seattle for NYE each year (several years ago) and he and his wife were part of the group that would always hang out. Oddly, I remember like 10 years ago being in their house and his wife mentioning to us how he'd just gotten some kind of lathe cutting thing for vinyl records and, at the time, I had no idea what that really meant (still probably don't, to be perfectly honest, haha).

It's actually weird because years later I joined this forum and saw people talking about this stuff and it triggered a memory of being in their house and retroactively helped me understand what they'd been so excited about back then, haha.

I can't speak to his qualifications, but he was a really nice guy and he's also credited on the vinyl for Beyonce's Renaissance, which I saw mentioned on social media somewhere. I remember he posted something a year or so ago about working with Pearl Jam on a live album. He was interviewed by Billboard magazine here about vinyl: Inside the Return of Record-Breaking Vinyl Sales which mentions that he apparently also worked on Olivia Rodrigo's album last year.

Ah, knew that name sounded familiar - I have records from some local/formerly local artists he's handled (Black Tones, Jenn Champion, Sloucher, Fire Theft), he's done a couple for Latent Print (Rose Blossom Punch, Slender Means), and yeah, it's clear Eddie & PJ like his work given how many records he's mastered for them.

Lots of interesting-looking bits in Throwback Thursday this week.

Does anyone know of the VMP Ben Webster - The Horn release? I can't find anything online at all about it.

I'm hoping to get the Idris Muhammed - Peace & Rhythm, I missed that and its the only one from the VMP/Jazz Dispensary series that i missed.

Lots of interesting-looking bits in Throwback Thursday this week.

Does anyone know of the VMP Ben Webster - The Horn release? I can't find anything online at all about it.

I'm hoping to get the Idris Muhammed - Peace & Rhythm, I missed that and its the only one from the VMP/Jazz Dispensary series that i missed.

Might be this and not a VMP exclusive.

CocoRosie doesn't seem to be an exclusive neither, they might have bought a dead stock somewhere and are trying to get rid of it.

Back