Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Seems like he charges market rate?
Probably. I mean $200 Isbell tickets seem downright affordable compared to $7k Beyonce tickets.

Agreed. Ideally you’d want some authenticity within your life experience to be able to come from a place of authority but the more successful you become the less authenticity you retain. The good ones can walk the the line though.

100%. And I think he does it as well as anybody, hence the Springsteen comp.

Tickets for virtually any known act, especially in a bigger venue, are just bonkers right now.
Great topic...so when does this all come crashing down? I am in an area that is getting some not so common acts (Sir Paul, Elton John, Stevie Nicks...come on...I am in Knoxville, TN for crying out loud), and I don't even bother, bc I have better ways to spend $500 a ticket.

Great topic...so when does this all come crashing down? I am in an area that is getting some not so common acts (Sir Paul, Elton John, Stevie Nicks...come on...I am in Knoxville, TN for crying out loud), and I don't even bother, bc I have better ways to spend $500 a ticket.

It probably doesn't. At least on the secondary market

Um...when Gen X'ers and Millenials die off?

Truth is that with the decentralization of music across platforms, the big names are still big names on the circuit like 15 years longer than they would have with the A&R machines in place. People are spending money on shows and this is honestly probably the last ride for musical acts to command venues like this.

I think a lot of "see em while you can" is in play.

Considering you can self-curate this set for ~$100-150, it’s not exactly a huge bargain. A few of those titles can be had for under $10-15 in excellent shape on Discogs.
Yea don’t think it’s a bargain, but also if you like the music (or have credit), getting them new and AAA cut by RKS is probably more appealing than playing discogs grading roulette

Truth is that with the decentralization of music across platforms, the big names are still big names on the circuit like 15 years longer than they would have with the A&R machines in place. People are spending money on shows and this is honestly probably the last ride for musical acts to command venues like this.

Ok, I get this, but how about when Bruce Hornsby comes to my small college town and plays the best small venue, and charges $80 a ticket? Its the spill over from the arena type venues that makes the rest of the bands think they can get away with this shit. And trust me, Bruce did not sell out that little venue and I will pass on many more. The extreme pricing of live music has cut my favorite hobby in half. Just ranting <rant off>

I feel like Elton John's "Last Tour Ever" has been going on for 5 years now. I guess if he just keeps adding new tour dates, it's technically true...

Wait_till_I_get_over_store.jpg

Cosmic_transitions_store.jpg

Sweet, this is generally a fantastic release. The inital release from a couple of years ago was a short run from what I remember and it hasnt been reissued yet. I have been wanting to pick this up for a while but its always £50+ on Discogs plus shipping.

Back