Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Also dump now again, egon needs to realise that his talents lie in ectoplasm, not music...

Serious question as someone who just completed his first quarter in the Now Again Reserve - What's wrong with Egon? I've generally enjoyed the picks that VMP have taken on, and really liked this quarter's Now Again Reserve.

Serious question as someone who just completed his first quarter in the Now Again Reserve - What's wrong with Egon? I've generally enjoyed the picks that VMP have taken on, and really liked this quarter's Now Again Reserve.

That was just a bad Ghostbusters joke!

I think if that’s your bag Now Again Reserve is a great thing to get into and I’m sure you’ll love it. You’re looking for that kind of very niche music. If VMP actually launch a crate diggers sub that’d be fine too.

My issues are none of them have been records that are “essential” to building up a collection or “classics” of jazz/soul/blues. They are too esoteric for that. Also it’s comical that at this stage that every time they want to go “weird” that they call Now Again! I guarantee you that this months super crate digger psyche rock will emerge from that stable.

I’ll be honest and say they’ve completely jumped the shark for me this year. I’m by no means close minded and I’ve been completely turned off by every essentials pick since de la soul...

Last edited:
Where’s the Crate Diggers sub/track? I was looking super forward to it, but it seems like it won’t be coming anytime soon 😩

I hope the next VMP Anthology doesn’t include a $50 shipping price tag for those who live outside of the U.S.

I think I will really like the next VMP Anthology, but I hope it doesn’t cost heaps like the Blue Note VMP Anthology!

Just wished we had a Crate Diggers sub instead!

Where’s the Crate Diggers sub/track? I was looking super forward to it, but it seems like it won’t be coming anytime soon 😩

I hope the next VMP Anthology doesn’t include a $50 shipping price tag for those who live outside of the U.S.

I think I will really like the next VMP Anthology, but I hope it doesn’t cost heaps like the Blue Note VMP Anthology!

Just wished we had a Crate Diggers sub instead!

There are so many labels that are doing it every month :) Go with Now Again, go with Analog Africa, Ostinato Records, Tidal Waves Music, Numero Group, Jazzman, BBE, Music from Memory, Athens of the North, Kalita, Mr. Bongo, Light in the Attic, etc... You can even make your own Crate Diggers every week if you want.

There are so many labels that are doing it every month :) Go with Now Again, go with Analog Africa, Ostinato Records, Tidal Waves Music, Numero Group, Jazzman, BBE, Music from Memory, Athens of the North, Kalita, Mr. Bongo, etc... You can even make your own Crate Diggers every week if you want.
Thanks Skalap! I’m going to look into these! I did really enjoy Analog Africa, thanks to you! 😊

Can’t wait to start looking into these! But I don’t want to spend too much money at the same time! I’m actually going to go on the computer and check these out! Fingers crossed shipping to Australia isn’t crazy!

PS - I’m so happy I get free shipping with Urban Outfitters. Just saying! If HHV did free shipping to Australia, even if meant you had to spend at least 100 euros, I’d be all over them!

Thanks Skalap! I’m going to look into these! I did really enjoy Analog Africa, thanks to you! 😊

Can’t wait to start looking into these! But I don’t want to spend too much money at the same time! I’m actually going to go on the computer and check these out! Fingers crossed shipping to Australia isn’t crazy!

PS - I’m so happy I get free shipping with Urban Outfitters. Just saying! If HHV did free shipping to Australia, even if meant you had to spend at least 100 euros, I’d be all over them!

I am sure you can have find some of these label's releases locally. Mr Bongo are having a huge sale in both US and UK stores (don't know about shipping to Australia though). I just ordered 15 records from them for less than 140€ shipped to my hotel in London next week. So, for more or less the price of the VMP/Mr Bongo bundle, I have 15 records.

I am sure you can have find some of these label's releases locally. Mr Bongo are having a huge sale in both US and UK stores (don't know about shipping to Australia though). I just ordered 15 records from them for less than 140€ shipped to my hotel in London next week. So, for more or less the price of the VMP/Mr Bongo bundle, I have 15 records.
That’s such good value! That’s under 10 euros a record! That’s amazing!

That’s such good value! That’s under 10 euros a record! That’s amazing!

Yeah I couldn't pass at these prices, and I still missed quite a few records I would have purchased too (Ebo Taylor, Toquinho, Nico Gomez, the Original Sound of Burkina Faso and Mali compilations). All the records I purchased are Mr Bongo releases but there are The Grodeck Whipperjenny (Now Again RSD19 exclusive), Clifford Jordan (Pure Pleasure), two Haruomi Hosono's releases (Light in the Attic) available, among many others.

Here is the list of what I purchased:

Been holding off listening to Weyes Blood but as my Titanic Rising looks like it will be on my way this month I decided to stream it. Oh My God! This is my kind of thing! Lush. Poppy. Upbeat and with a hint of sadness. It’s like Chrissie Hynde doing a tribute to Pet Sounds. Happy to have waited to listen. This must be one of, if not the, album of the year.

Been holding off listening to Weyes Blood but as my Titanic Rising looks like it will be on my way this month I decided to stream it. Oh My God! This is my kind of thing! Lush. Poppy. Upbeat and with a hint of sadness. It’s like Chrissie Hynde doing a tribute to Pet Sounds. Happy to have waited to listen. This must be one of, if not the, album of the year.

Little bit of Karen Carpenter in the vocals too. This is beautiful stuff

Yeah I couldn't pass at these prices, and I still missed quite a few records I would have purchased too (Ebo Taylor, Toquinho, Nico Gomez, the Original Sound of Burkina Faso and Mali compilations). All the records I purchased are Mr Bongo releases but there are The Grodeck Whipperjenny (Now Again RSD19 exclusive), Clifford Jordan (Pure Pleasure), two Haruomi Hosono's releases (Light in the Attic) available, among many others.

Glad to see your vinyl diet is going well Skal

I would rate the album 9.5/10. It's a masterpiece. The way you described it the album is exactly how I feel! This album is so rich, pillowy and heavenly. It's vintage, but in a posh and glamorous way. But this album is so organically modern too even though it's vintage. This album is so emotional too, like you said - sad but in a grande way. Titanic Rising is so elegant and angelic. I love how many of the lyrics and sounds actually remind me a bit of the movie 'Titanic'. There's so many climaxes - Titantic Rising is definitely cinematic. There's just so much emotion musically on Titanic Rising. It's a masterpiece! Ughhh, the beauty is overwhelming!

I would rate the album 9.5/10. It's a masterpiece. The way you described it the album is exactly how I feel! This album is so rich, pillowy and heavenly. It's vintage, but in a posh and glamorous way. But this album is so organically modern too even though it's vintage. This album is so emotional too, like you said - sad but in a grande way. Titanic Rising is so elegant and angelic. I love how many of the lyrics and sounds actually remind me a bit of the movie 'Titanic'. There's so many climaxes - Titantic Rising is definitely cinematic. There's just so much emotion musically on Titanic Rising. It's a masterpiece! Ughhh, the beauty is overwhelming!

I would love a collaborative album from her and Father John Misty. Their voices mix so well on God's Favorite Customer.

That was just a bad Ghostbusters joke!

I think if that’s your bag Now Again Reserve is a great thing to get into and I’m sure you’ll love it. You’re looking for that kind of very niche music. If VMP actually launch a crate diggers sub that’d be fine too.

My issues are none of them have been records that are “essential” to building up a collection or “classics” of jazz/soul/blues. They are too esoteric for that. Also it’s comical that at this stage that every time they want to go “weird” that they call Now Again! I guarantee you that this months super crate digger psyche rock will emerge from that stable.

I’ll be honest and say they’ve completely jumped the shark for me this year. I’m by no means close minded and I’ve been completely turned off by every essentials pick since de la soul...
Check out that Key and Cleary album now again put out...it’s fantastic

thanks, got some work to do !
just saw that you can bookmark posts on this forum , thats great

also got the shipping notice for my last vmp box today.

Back