Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm not even a member anymore, nor have I been for a while now, but I'm pissed!

I joined last month just to have this increase a couple of weeks later. I took a monthly sub so it won't hurt that much. I want to see what is in the swaps when it opens to see if it is worth it or not. There are a few exclusives I'd like to grab but not at shop price. If it's the same as usuas, I'll swap for the few records I want and will cancel again.

I'm not even a member anymore, nor have I been for a while now, but I'm pissed!
Eh, I'm a member (or at least was until about 20 minutes ago) and I'm not pissed really. It was a $3USD difference on a monthly sub that was already pushing the limits of how much I was willing to pay, and now that it's happening it's almost like getting out of an abusive relationship. I'm relieved I get to spend money elsewhere.

Hell, one month sub pretty much cost me the same as that Inside Llewyn Davis 3LP live album y'all convinced me to buy.

I would love to see a graph of subscriber numbers after the dust settles on this one. If people on reddit are to be believed those numbers are definitely going to drop.

Last edited:
It will be fun when they'll have monthly subscribers only.
Ha, I was a monthly subscriber and I can tell you it's even harder to justify this way.

I just checked my account to see how much was removed from it for 2 albums after exchange....$118 CAD. That's basically the cost of an extra album I'm just tossing out the window each month because they want to pretend they're a premium product.

Last edited:
Ha, I was a monthly subscriber and I can tell you it's even harder to justify this way.

I just checked my account to see how much was removed for it for 2 albums after exchange....$118. That's basically the cost of an extra album I'm just tossing out the window each month because they want to pretend they're a premium product.

I paid $181 with taxes for four records (with 4 tracks).

I ate too much of an edible on New Year's Eve and for some reason decided to be like "i'm gonna do a year of this shit" and it charged me the $399 price and yeah, sometimes, doing drugs works out in your favor, kids
You know thinking about this, the responsible thing to do was to give a heads up on the price increase and give current subscribers the opportunity to lock in at old prices.

What do I know though, I'm just a sucker who canceled their membership out of principle.

I am still on board for another year of the country sub as long as the yearly rate doesn't rise. I spend money on worse things every year.
Didn't yearly subs increase as well?

And hey, nobody is going to judge you about where you spend your money. I could easily afford the difference tbh. As I said above it's purely the principle for me. If you're going to increase the fees, I want to see you doing everything in your power to avoid doing it in the first place. I have seen very little from them to avoid raising prices several times since I've joined.

Actually, I lied. It's not his "official store", but his site does have links to store aggregators where you can buy em. Looks like it's a general repress of his catalog that you'll likely see in your locals some time soon.

Email just popped in my inbox 3 minutes ago with notice of the price increase.
So...I'm confused.

Are ALL membership options increasing, or just 1 month? The email only mentions "Your 1 month subscription" which is kind of dumb. Break down the increases for ALL options. Once again given the option of explaining things clearly, VMP chooses chaos.

Also, no explanation, no apologies, nothing. We all know that money's not going into communications, that's for damn sure.

Back